in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Secret.6813

Secret.6813

We walk, and within time we will learn…. ~ Secret

Teleporting Hack (video) totally uncool

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

You can actually see their username if you right click on their portrait and click report. It lists their account name as part of the report, allowing you to message them or add them as a friend.

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

that is bull hockey there

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: raito.4085

raito.4085

it’s a speedhack lol

SFR – [Opt] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRdpJAUXqQ
Chuck Noriis – Warrior

Posted by: Razorface.2714

Razorface.2714

I am looking into my crystal ball now to see the future.

I see a future where ANet might not patch away the ability to use speed hacks, leading to an unfair imbalance between cheaters and non-cheaters.

To me it is of the greatest importance and a mega high priority to patch this loophole shut, AND NOW.

Seeing this video alone ruins my experience with WvW, just watching the video alone. I will likely not do any PvP at all until they take care of this.

Just banning the players is not enough, they need to make it so that speed hacks cannot be used.

Just one player cheating is enough to ruin the gaming experience, wether he is caught later or not, that memory of getting beat by some dude using a speed hack that I cannot defend against tarnishes all gameplay leading up to it and after it.

I will not resort to cheating myself though. If this is not fixed, and I mean fixed when I say fixed, seeing as that the endgame of this game is pure PvP centric, I will quit permanently.

I want some official word on this issue, I think it is fair to want some official word on this.

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

@Razorface,

Then quit permanently. The fact that someone else’s experience has ruined your experience speaks volumes about your attitude. Nobody likes cheaters, that I can agree with but you are intentionally hurting yourself and nobody else. Had this happened to you, I could understand being miffed. But your post is rude, disproportionate and antagonistical towards ArenaNet for no good reason.

So, yes – please quit permanently as that cheater in that video was not responsible for your enjoyment of the game.

Posted by: Warheart.8143

Warheart.8143

I just read a forum and 10 users of a speed hack have been banned so Anet is monitoring this since its not hard to click a portrait and click report.

Posted by: Nariera.9476

Nariera.9476

@ Fiennes

Whoa there. You don’t need to get so defensive. Likewise, no need to be “disproportionate and antagonistical” to Razorface.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

As some users have correctly stated, the best way to help us and the security team is by using the in-game reporting tools. Posting in the forums does not speed up the process in any way.

We will proceed to close this thread.
Thanks for your understanding.