Teleports - "No path to target"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

The “No path to target” error on Guardian teleports is DRIVING ME KITTEN CRAZY. I can be right in front of my target, hitting him with my 1 attack – and teleports will claim that there’s no path to my target and fail. This is especially in the newer maps,

Symbol of Blades (sword 2) and Judge’s Intervention both have this problem. A pebble can cause the abilities to fail, and in the case of Judge’s Intervention, the ability will go onto cooldown.

Has Anet ever addressed this? I know they changed teleports a while back to make them less cheesable, but the way they react to terrain now is utterly frustrating.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hi, I’ma Teef. My whole day revolves around No Valid Path to Target.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

The engine is picky about teleporting up or over a gap

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

The engine is picky about Shadowstepping over flat ground…..

CMM.6712

The engine is picky about Shadowstepping over flat ground…..

those 2 are the main ones that stand out to me, I don’t play a teleport-able class enough to be an expert

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

This isn’t restricted to teleports. I often get “obstructed” on projectile attacks when I have a clear line of sight. Utter kitten.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Huh. I’m sorry to hear other classes are being affected by random obstruction, too. Hope we can get a Dev to hear about this and weigh in.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Since the golden-boy guardian is having a problem it’s very possible Karl will demand a fix for his favorite profession.

We’ll see if it’s exclusive though as it might be internally deemed too overpowered for the rest to not have the problem lol.

CMM.6712

Since the golden-boy guardian is having a problem it’s very possible Karl will demand a fix for his favorite profession.

We’ll see if it’s exclusive though as it might be internally deemed too overpowered for the rest to not have the problem lol.

huh?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Landscape geometry bugs need to be fixed for that,it goes the same for projectiles being obstructed.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

No path to target is completely unrelated to projectile obstruction.

Projectile obstruction occurs because the engine thinks there is collision in the path of the projectile.

No path to target means that the target is on a different plane than the user. It’s intentionally designed to work this way because otherwise shadowsteps would break every map in the game and invalidate WvW.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No path to target is completely unrelated to projectile obstruction.

Projectile obstruction occurs because the engine thinks there is collision in the path of the projectile.

No path to target means that the target is on a different plane than the user. It’s intentionally designed to work this way because otherwise shadowsteps would break every map in the game and invalidate WvW.

Still there are certain places in eb,like near umber are a few spots where both ports and projectiles get ignored at the same places.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

What’s worse than no path to target is when you try to teleport to the other side of a bush that is right in front of you and the teleport works! Your teleport is used up! But you are at the base of the bush, like it caught you or something. So now you’re jammed up against a bush without a teleport and whatever was chasing you that made you teleport has got you pinned.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This isn’t restricted to teleports. I often get “obstructed” on projectile attacks when I have a clear line of sight. Utter kitten.

The best thing is seeing obstructed pop up using a melee skill next to a mob in the middle of flat ground.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

This error is why I typically use the engineer’s jumpshot and rocket boots more than any teleport. You never get that error with them. Although they don’t give enough vertical leap.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The best thing is seeing obstructed pop up using a melee skill next to a mob in the middle of flat ground.

It’s most fun when using something like Deathly Swarm to transfer conditions to your foe, only for it to be obstructed and you’re stuck with them.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior!

So it does not only happen to me?
Yesterday there was an environmental obstacle (a fallen tree) flat on the ground, but I could not Shadowstep over it. I was like: “Okay, then jump over it, if the engine deems it as too high” and I eventually just could walk over it.

This gambling nonsense is terrible and I sometimes try it just out of curiosity and it suddenly works for very strange places.

But then I have mad many maps for video games and all the linedefs, Z-axis calculations, planes and stuff… I often caused bugs by mapping, not exactly the engine’s fault.

Still though, I really, really think this should be fixed, it’s just a crippled would-be cool skill; same with other skills. Someone or something just don’t want me to use my five finger discount on innocent beings I guess..

About the obstructed, well, this makes a bit more sense in many cases, even though it looks like the internal size/width of a model (e.g. a tree) is smaller than what we see, often resulting in bullets flying trough the very borders of said tree but when I fire back, my bullets hit the center and thus are blocked.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

My ele sees “no line of sight” a lot when there should be nothing in the way. I can be half an inch away on flat ground and get that. It’s not a pebble because I can dance a circle around what I’m trying to hit and get that from any angle. It definitely happens with projectile skills and I’m pretty sure it happens with non-projectile skills too.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I get the same thing when trying to place my flesh wurm sometimes, right bloody next to me.