Templates?

Templates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

Can we get templates please? One thing I loved so much about gw1 is that I was able to be so diverse with my build yet I could easily switch between my builds without having to memorize and reconfigure every skill that I needed to. I think It will help a lot of players who are trying to create new builds as they can quickly switch back to their original build if they decide to.

Templates?

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Don’t hold your breath. The devs started a thread nearly a year ago about the subject but kibosh’d it.

I think in an interview a while ago, they touched on the subject saying that it would be a nice feature but not a necessary one that warranted them to devote the resources to make it happen, kind of like capes.

To be honest though, the new specialization is so streamlined and condensed, it doesn’t take much to retrait now. Especially, if you compared it to the previous system that required like 60+ clicks, this one only requires around 9-12 clicks to completely retrait.

It’s all about learning the traits, which you should do, once you do retraiting is actually really fast and simple.

I think a template system now, would only really benefit players that copy builds without learning the how’s and the why’s.

Currently, they allow us to save the spec’s/templates between the WvW/PvP/PvE. Which is really nice.

Templates?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Don’t hold your breath. The devs started a thread nearly a year ago about the subject but kibosh’d it.

I think in an interview a while ago, they touched on the subject saying that it would be a nice feature but not a necessary one that warranted them to devote the resources to make it happen, kind of like capes.

To be honest though, the new specialization is so streamlined and condensed, it doesn’t take much to retrait now. Especially, if you compared it to the previous system that required like 60+ clicks, this one only requires around 9-12 clicks to completely retrait.

It’s all about learning the traits, which you should do, once you do retraiting is actually really fast and simple.

I think a template system now, would only really benefit players that copy builds without learning the how’s and the why’s.

Currently, they allow us to save the spec’s/templates between the WvW/PvP/PvE. Which is really nice.

Umm don’t templates incude two things?

1. Build/Trait saving
  2. Saving full gear sets and changing with one click.
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Templates?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

They actually made a patch mistake and the PvP templates panel was visible for a few hours.
http://gyazo.com/4f22757884f4e8a7bbf81f1eb6fa35fe

It’s coming, we just don’t know when.

Templates?

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

They actually made a patch mistake and the PvP templates panel was visible for a few hours.

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but Colin mentioned that those aren’t for templates :P

“It’s not build templates- that was your one guess, no guesses left!
Usual stuff → Templates was a great feature for Gw1, it’s something that I think would be great for Gw2. We already announced the major features for HoT, our focus is on polishing those, as well as getting to announcing the details of all the ones we haven’t yet given any details on.”

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3b4z6j/something_new_in_the_pvp_build_window/

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Templates?

Chase.8415

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but Colin mentioned that those aren’t for templates :P

“It’s not build templates- that was your one guess, no guesses left!
Usual stuff -> Templates was a great feature for Gw1, it’s something that I think would be great for Gw2. We already announced the major features for HoT, our focus is on polishing those, as well as getting to announcing the details of all the ones we haven’t yet given any details on.”

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3b4z6j/something_new_in_the_pvp_build_window/

It’s not for templates, yet it’s a page that says pvp builds and an equip button.

I’m more leaning towards the developer just stated that so people don’t expect its coming soon as it is likely a very early development.

Templates?

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

It says PvP build as it’s in the PvP builds section, doesn’t mean it’s for templates specifically. It also uses the icon from the new Stronghold PvP mode. As far as we know it could be a different build section for that specific game mode.

All of this is just speculation, of course

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Templates?

Chase.8415

It says PvP build as it’s in the PvP builds section, doesn’t mean it’s for templates specifically. It also uses the icon from the new Stronghold PvP mode. As far as we know it could be a different build section for that specific game mode.

All of this is just speculation, of course

What’s the purpose of the equip button on that screen with the title “PvP Build”?