Tengu as a playable race

Tengu as a playable race

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I don’t think it will happen. This thread is 7 months old without any word or confirmation aside from the rare chance that we see concept art (which is not confirmation that there will be a playable race)

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

They would make terrible armor wearers. So no, I hope they do not bring the walking chickens as a playable race.

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I see Tengu PCs as a test for if the Living Story can deliver the same kind of content as an expansion.

We know part of the work’s been done. We know they’ve got a starting city area set aside on the main map. We know there’s plenty of lore to work with. If ANet can’t handle it with all that already going for them, then we’re not seeing anything else as a PC race, unless they abandon the LS.

Yes, I want Tengu as a playable race. But not having them isn’t what bothers me. The fact that they’re making no signs of going for the (relative) low hanging fruit worries me. I’d say that, if there’s no solid mention of them (aka: Not “we’re considering, someday”) during the course of the game post in the first part of 2014, then we can simply consider new races to be beyond what ANet can/will deliver on their current path. Anything bigger would also be “out of reach”.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Quite a large number of the people asking for tengu are from GW1, not GW2. While not a central focus of the storyline then, the tengu (mostly Angchu, as noted before) did play a substantial part.

And, for the GW1 veterans who are anything like me, the suggestion that the newcomer kodan and largos races are better options doesn’t sit very well.

I agree, though, that we’re not seeing any new races in the near (< 6 months) future. ArenaNet are presumably (considering this year’s PAX panel) thinking about how to advance the storyline regarding the Elder Dragons; but there’s no indication when that will happen, and major developments like that is when I’d expect to see new map areas opened up.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Quite a large number of the people asking for tengu are from GW1, not GW2. While not a central focus of the storyline then, the tengu (mostly Angchu, as noted before) did play a substantial part..

Ohh guilty as charged. But the other races don’t BOTHER me, I have just been Tengu-curious (heheh) for a long time.

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Andre.4063

Andre.4063

I want to see an expansion but not yet, there is so much stuff that is needed first.
And hey! When will my warrior get a two-handed axe?

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Utomneian.9013

Utomneian.9013

i knew of Tengu from Pathfinder RPG and Japanese mythology before i understood that these few bird people around GW2 were “Tengu” also. even so, i think it would be a fun race to play as, just in the fact that it is another distinct flavor, though i know little to nothing of the Tengu culture, i would still at the least enjoy running around as a birdman :-)

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

New Tengu mini released. No Lore or info no him so let’s all just take the hint.

Attachments:

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: RedTeamPyro.7814

RedTeamPyro.7814

i would love to see tengu playable as well, along with new areas and all.
it will also be quite the learning experience for everyone, since we know so little, and adding tengu as a more active part in the game will most likely spice things up

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

Make The Tengu have the Commando profession from the original GW2 Aprils fools. Woot Woot!.

Ok Im done here. Runs back under his troll bridge.

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

I think the new dragon thats awakening in the forest would effect Tengu more than others and force them to seek help from other races. Then probably a whole bunch of living story introducing them to the community before making them a playable race. I think the only options are either Tengu or Kodan since they have a humanoid structure, all other races seem too clunky to do advanced movements like jump dodging, wield weapons properly for animations or have a proper city. No matter which one they decide to choose It would be interesting to see how they would add customization options, most of these races have very similar looks.

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

(edited by mugen.4763)

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

There is rumor something is coming in 2015.

NSPride <3

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Reincarnatie.7254

Reincarnatie.7254

Maybe later in 2016 LS3! :O

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe later in 2016 LS3! :O

This is a 3 year old thread.

There is a current ongoing thread about races already.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Tengu as a playable race

Posted by: Moderator

As this thread has run its course, we’re going to go ahead and lock it.