Teq - Lack of loot

Teq - Lack of loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I’m really fed up with this event and the lack of rewards for participating.

For the past 6 months, I have participated in the Tequatl event daily. In that time, I have received zero, yes that’s right ZERO, tequatl weapons!!

Ok, so getting those Teq weapons is a very low chance, but at least give us some other rewards then.

I walk away with blues/greens and maybe 2-3 rares IF I’m very very lucky. If I get an exotic, it’s a useless collectable spoon that sells for a mere 10s. If the spoons sold for 1g at least they wouldn’t be so annoying.

Considering that you need to turn up to the event AT LEAST 40minutes early to ensure a good map, and then the event itself takes a while, the total time invested DOES NOT equal the meager rewards given.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

Dunno, I usually turn up 5-10 minutes before Teq, and either find a taxi, or me and 3 other randoms tag up, taxi people, and do the event. If I turn up 20, 30, or even 40 minutes early, chances are I’ll get a worse map since a lot more people will have gone afk and forgotten to come back in time for the event.
Out of maybe 100-150 Teq runs, I’ve seen only a few (2-3) fails doing it this way, so it seems pretty stable.

I also always get 3 rares from the exo chest and more often than not I get that Little spoon that’s 10s for free, and not too infrequently I get 1-2 more rares or one of the Teq exos. Add a few hordes and a couple of minis to top it off and it’s pretty reasonable loot imo. Don’t forget the 2g and 14K karma as well.

Now, I may be extremely lucky with drop rate though I doubt it – my luck seems to be pretty mainstream on other drops – so I Think it seems like the loot is pretty ok for the effort.

Just my 2 cents.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Total bunk complaint. Teq does not have a lack of loot. You get multiple champ boxes, a nice chunk of karma, and a bunch of materials after salvaging. That’s not even considering that teq pays out gold too. On top of that, you can get it multiple times per day.

6 months? Oh well. You ARE going after something that’s on par with a precursor. Difference is, you’re only going for it once a day. I’ve played for over a year, and finally got a Teq’s Hoard last night. And I farm teq, not just go fight him once a day.

It seems you’re just fed up with it not giving you a teq’s hoard. Now, if you want to talk about an event that gives meager rewards, then we can discuss Triple Trouble.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I usually need to go 30 minutes early to ensure success.

To the people that are able to just go in 5-10 minutes before spawn. Do you play at reset time? Since for me, if I go in 5-10 minutes before it usually is a fail.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Total bunk complaint. Teq does not have a lack of loot. You get multiple champ boxes, a nice chunk of karma, and a bunch of materials after salvaging. That’s not even considering that teq pays out gold too. On top of that, you can get it multiple times per day.

6 months? Oh well. You ARE going after something that’s on par with a precursor. Difference is, you’re only going for it once a day. I’ve played for over a year, and finally got a Teq’s Hoard last night. And I farm teq, not just go fight him once a day.

It seems you’re just fed up with it not giving you a teq’s hoard. Now, if you want to talk about an event that gives meager rewards, then we can discuss Triple Trouble.

The bug that you don’t get the gold chest on crimson the majority of the time does not help either (condi and deboof).
Teq is actually really really good for one event.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I walk away with blues/greens and maybe 2-3 rares IF I’m very very lucky.

It’s all well and good to complain if you feel the loot isn’t good enough, but lying about things doesn’t help.

The exotic Dragon Chest you get from killing Tequatl the Sunless always, every time, has three rares inside. You are not getting “2-3 rares if you’re very very lucky”, you’re getting at least three rares every time you kill the dragon, as long as you aren’t killing him multiple times in the same day. The only time the exotic chest won’t have three rares is if one is an exotic instead.. and if the chest does contain a Tequatl’s Hoard or another Ascended weapon or armour box, it will still have those three rares in addition to that. That’s how guaranteed they are.

If you feel that your three plus rares aren’t enough for the investment you put in for Tequatl, then you don’t have to fight him. You can potentially get more rares faster by hopping between Breaches, as long as the instances can regularly kill all the bosses. It’s your choice to continue attending Tequatl kills. And since enough people are attending them that instances are filling up 30+ minutes in advance, it seems that there’s a lot of people who feel that the content is either fun enough or rewarding enough.

I notice you also didn’t mention the 2 gold you get in straight-up coin every time you kill Tequatl. Is that beneath your notice?

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

I usually show at least 15 mins before the event if I can so that I can join a group at one of the points. Most groups are full when the event starts or is already in progress.

I always get exotics. I only attend once or twice a week. I’ve never gotten a precursor from this event. But the loot is pretty generous in my experience.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

This is so wrong, teq is one of the most rewarding events for the amount of time spent in the game currently. It gives 2-3 gold, a minimum of 3 rares, a bunch of champ boxes, a lot of karma, a dozen greens or blues and a few other things and that only takes 30 minutes to do.

I’ve personnally found 1 teq weapon in about 100 runs but this is not the reason I run it, it’s the guaranteed loots you get.

Teq - Lack of loot

Zohane.7208

To the people that are able to just go in 5-10 minutes before spawn. Do you play at reset time? Since for me, if I go in 5-10 minutes before it usually is a fail.

Reset for me is in the middle of the night so no, I don’t go then; I’m more likely to be there at the 1600 UTC run, so that may be a difference.

Gunnar’s Hold

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I have been farming taco since the updated 2013 release, almost daily if not two times day sometimes. I just got a Sunless skin box last week for the first time, hang in there.

Community has it down for sometime now, fastest organized I have ever seen was a 1m30s from spawn.

JQ Druid

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Tired of getting those useless Spoons…

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Each spoon is 10 silver you wouldn’t have received before the update that added them. It was added to the loot table containing the Superior Rune of the Sunless, Fang of Tequatl, Bone Fragments of Tequatl and other such drops (minis?), filling in the spot that would otherwise be empty when none of the above things were rolled. It isn’t taking the place of anything, it’s just giving you some more coins when none of the above items are rolled… and more coins than if the Superior Rune of the Sunless gets rolled in its place.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Tired of getting those useless Spoons…

10 silver more than before you got them, not really a thing to get tired of.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I go anywhere from 30 to 5 minutes prior. Finding an lfg 10-15 min before seems to field the best maps. Being on a map early seems worse because you’re mixed in with people who are afk or off doing map completion. I play reset time, plus other times- usually 8am and 11am PST, sometimes the evening one if I’m on.

Got two ascended chests so far, over about six weeks of daily killing, but I don’t go in expecting one. I think his loot is fine. The event is fairly short and easy now, with everyone knowing what to do.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Never have gotten a teq hoard myself yet. I keep trying, but rngeezus has no more live for me than it does many.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

Its all rng man, thats the unfortunate truth.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: flasbang.5102

flasbang.5102

I have a question to add. Does those dragon chest you get after the event get affected by MF? Like what inside the chest does it get affected?

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I have a question to add. Does those dragon chest you get after the event get affected by MF? Like what inside the chest does it get affected?

No. MF doesn’t affect contents of any chests or containers for Teq (or for a vast majority of the game).

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

40 mins early? , i always go 1-5 before , have done it alot of times (1 year?), only 1 time got chest

Stop crying , everyone is on the same situation , its just luck… or you want those weapons everywhere?

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

I think it’s perfectly fine with showing up 10 minutes before it’s spawn. At least that’s how i do it. Opening LFG searching for a map with 1-4 commanders and I am good to go.

I usually write all the boss’s mechanics on map chat. As long as the map is full and there are enough people on it which aren’t afk and dealing somehow damage, it should be perfectly fine, even with showing up – 10 mins, before its spawn.

I think that the whole RNG is pretty broken, but that’s another topic. The loot you get out of the event is perfectly okay. You get a lot for almost doing nothing. Easiest way to get a lot of Karma.

My drops:
3 Ascended weapon chests (wupwup, zojja, chorben)
1 Ascended armor chest (occam) I but not so sure if i got it from Tequatl..
3 Tequatl the Sunnless Minatures
Too many spoons to count.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

(edited by Zention.1849)

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Since I started doing Tequatl regularly in late September of last year, I’ve gotten five ascended chests (Chorben’s, Mathilde’s, and no fewer than three Tequatl’s Hoards), averaging one per month. (I’m not counting the Hronk’s Chest I got from a bandit box in the Silverwastes, obviously.) I don’t keep count of the exotics I’ve gotten, but I’m pretty sure my average from Tequatl, either the big chest or the exotic bonus chest, is at least two or three per month. Granted, they’re most likely to be Fangs or Bone Fragments, but they’re still exotic gear. As for the spoons, 10 silver per adds up over time; I sold a batch of spoons for nearly 10 gold a couple of weeks ago and I’ve already started building up another batch. And, like others say, I always get 3 rares from the exotic bonus chest and 2+g (counting the rewards for doing the defense events – you always get at least one reward per defense round, plus four separate rewards at the end of the event). So please don’t talk about never getting anything from Teq. That’s just not true and you know it.

Now, I actually do Teq twice per day – at reset, with a group of people that I’ve been playing with for months, where we take one of the defense teams (in fact, there are so many of us that we’ve taken to setting up a squad and forming defense teams for two locations lately), and then at the next spawn with my guild and its allies, where I usually go on the South Hills/Splintered Coast Waypoint defense team, again with a group I’ve been playing with for months. For reset, I usually get there an hour or so beforehand, and we’re generally set up at all defense stations within the half-hour. Guild/alliance Teq is very highly organized, so much so that we generally find our map at 35 minutes before the event, go there and have everything set up and ready to go within 15 minutes.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Considering that you need to turn up to the event AT LEAST 40minutes early to ensure a good map

No you don’t.

It’s 2g chance at unique skins like 10k karma and 3 rares for 15 minutes of your time. Insanely rewarding.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

The rewards for anything is completely lack luster when compared to the zombie farm.. I mean silverwaste.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

It’s good that the Tequatl hoards are so rare. I never touched a foot to Silverwastes after I got my Light in the Darkness title. I had nothing else there I was going after. On the other hand, I had about 150 Tequatl kills and got just one hoard (in one of my first attempts). If chances are too high, I wouldn’t go there either if I had all of his weapons that I want already.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Spire of the Sunless looks so nice on my Necro with Marjory’s Daggs. <3

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Replace teq with gw2 and you will describe this game perfectly.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’ve never gotten a Teq weapon either but im not complaining..

hell I’ve only every found 1 ascended item.. thats right just 1 (not including junk like Bloodstone and fractal essences etc)

and that was literally a few weeks ago in The Silverwastes.. I got a Ascended Weapon Chest from a Bandit Chest.. that is the only Ascended drop I’ve ever had and I’ve been playing this game since Beta XD

They are supposed to be rare thats the whole point..
Hell it took me over a year and half to get Final Rest…. and laughably 3 days later I got another one..
it’s called drop rate for a reason lol and its pointless to complain about it.. and trust me.. I’ve done more than my fair share of complaining about my crappy drops over the first couple of years..

there is simply nothing you can do but accept this and keep trying

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Ive been doing teq on and off since the change and havent seen a single weapon box. 2 minis (after they became cheap as crap) and endless spoons, and 1 fang of tequatl. Honestly I dont even know why I even bother with it anymore. As for the rewards of killing teq isnt bad for the effort/time it takes but the rng system is just ughhhhh. Give us the option to turn some of these spoons into skins or something.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

I’ve done Teq probably 15-20 times, all in the last month or two, always at reset arriving 5-15 minutes before it starts and just joining a defense team with my mesmer. I’ve only seen it fail once and left after the second bone wall formed. It doesn’t take long at all, maybe 20 minutes? The loot is quite good, but I don’t get exotics from it much and have never gotten a hoard. It did drop me a Stonecleaver’s Weapon Chest last time out though, which was nice. Maybe the best drop I’ve ever gotten in game, with The Bard (back when it was worth about 70G) popping out of the MF being the best drop otherwise.

Plus Teq is pretty fun for a repetitive farm event. No real complaints about it from me.

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Tequatl’s loot is among the best in the game for the effort and difficulty.

2g + 10s Spoon
~10k Karma
4 Champ Bags
15+ Masterwork+ Items
3 Rare+ Items
Chance at Ascended Weapons Chest (Including uniquely skinned variant)
Chance at Minipets

If you want to talk about poor loot, compare this with Triple Trouble Wurm. That event has poor rewards, but not Tequatl.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Replace teq with gw2 and you will describe this game perfectly.

If you honestly felt that way, you wouldn’t be here posting about it.

On topic: Teq rewards are great, bags on bags of sweet, salvageable greens, several rares and at least 2g, and a decent chance at some really good gear. I’ve gotten 1 Teq’s Hoard, 2 or 3 other ascended chests, and a pre in the last, maybe, 9 months. Nothing really recently, but it’s steady income, and super low effort.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Teq - Lack of loot

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

LOL last night I was doing Sparkfly Fen events when suddenly Teq spawned and I was right in the middle of it O.O

I killed some things and defended batteries and stayed alive and got – somehow – 3 achievements and a ton of loot it’s the first time I’ve ever done it!

Btw is it fairly normal to beat teq, or did I just get lucky? Fun anyway

Teq - Lack of loot

Zohane.7208

LOL last night I was doing Sparkfly Fen events when suddenly Teq spawned and I was right in the middle of it O.O

I killed some things and defended batteries and stayed alive and got – somehow – 3 achievements and a ton of loot it’s the first time I’ve ever done it!

Btw is it fairly normal to beat teq, or did I just get lucky? Fun anyway

Glad you enjoyed your first Teq!

The Tequatl meta event is usually beaten unless you come to the map just when it starts, then you’re likely to be put in a totally unorganized, or even mostly empty, shard – and then it will fail. If, however, you’re on the map a Little in advance, I’d say the success rate is in the high 90-percentile.

The thing to look for is if Teq is about to start (check your favourite timer site for details) and there’s no commanders in place near the event, bring up lfg and look for a taxi to a better zone. Also, don’t be afraid to ask around if you’re not sure what to do, people are usually very helpful on achievements and such.

Gunnar’s Hold