Teq failed again!

Teq failed again!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Second time.

Yesterday was after the reset and today was on the reset. Today was more organized with a commander and it looked that everything would go fine.

Fix this please, put the buff to 50% and add some resistances to him, right now he is impossible.

And before some kitten says that it serves me right or something, i work my kitten off on this boss, i use buffs and i do all that it needs to be done, i don’t afk and tbh i don’t think you can afk on this boss, the poison and the waves doesn’t allow that so the chance of people being afk it is very slim.

Please, change this.

Attachments:

Teq failed again!

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

The time on the map it is from my country, so it is not server time.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Lambo.1405

Lambo.1405

I just finished Teq an hour or so ago and while I did notice a difference, I felt that it was a bit funner. Took a bit longer to finish and I was on my toes a bit more than usual but we still got the job done. I rather like the change. That being said, I’d like to see him bring a few new attacks to the table like maybe a tail-sweep that knocks people back or some such. Something to mix up the predictable-ness of the battle a bit.

Teq failed again!

Lambo.1405

I dunno, maybe I’m different but I don’t care for bosses where I just stand on a ledge and spam a skill or two (Shatterer/Megadestroyer). I like a bit of challenge.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Looking at the pictures in the OP it’s no wonder they failed. Look at all the people scattered at max range. This is obviously not an organised map.

The people that want to continue doing Tequatl in their daily rotations are just going to need to learn how to adapt to the change. The fact that it’s been accomplished at all since the update shows that it’s certainly possible to do.

Should the HP be toned down at all and should they consider making other hitboxes crittable? Sure. Should the HP be nerfed down to a flat 50% increase? In my opinion no.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

This is not “challenging” its just takes a lot more time since anet made crits possible on the worst part of teq…
Honestly I absolutely HATE this change… I’ve been farming world bosses daily for months and now this patch made some bosses near impossible to do, and other take so long that getting in a live map for the next one is hard…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Teq failed again!

Lambo.1405

I agree that Teq now has very little room for error but he’s very much doable. I think he could use some tweaking, but I do appreciate that he’s a bit more of challenge now.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Brostrodon.1657

Brostrodon.1657

This was an amazing fight for the group i fought with. We found the “critical spot” and grouped on him melee. It came down to the wire with 30 seconds left. Not a single person knew for sure if we were going to win, and when the whirlpools started dragging us all down, I thought that we too would lose the battle. In a sudden turn of events, a rez banner was dropped by a nobal warrior. The group who stood up from down position ran to Teqs critical spot and landed the last remaining blows while others surfaced from the depths we were pulled down in. There was much cheering, as we all got our spoons. We will never forget you lone warrior! 10/10 would fight that fight again

Teq failed again!

Lambo.1405

Hahahaha, and here I was the selfish thief maneuvering around the red circles trying to apply my damage without risking myself too much. I stabbed, dodged, and stabbed some more. If we had any amazing heroics, I missed it due to being sidetracked by the whole…you know…surviving bit.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

How is this not challenging? the health is double the amount with the same time which means that everything needs to be more refined, I get people get mad for not getting the farm……..

But it should not in anyway be this easy to press 1-5 and win any boss, when I farm world bosses it is starting to feel more like a WoW grind, no preparation, get into a map with enough people and you are golden….’

This for me was a great change people will need to refine their gameplay, even teamspeak, and they need to add to it, create more obstacles, do not let massive numbers matter, to faceroll a boss because enough people clustered together can make enough hp/insta res……

(I do agree that increasing health for some bosses do not matter, but in this particular boss, it does, it will suddenly be alot better to be in a guild/map who does have teamspeak and people ready).

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Wisdom.6028

Wisdom.6028

yeah teq was pretty much just a daily chore, log in, afk on a map for 30 mins and boom show time, 15 mins later…success! I like how its more of a challenge now, and it makes me think about how I can rework my traits and whatnot to maximise my contribution…but a lot of players wont think like this. Like after patch hit, it was a joke, he downed way too easy so something had to be done.

Where you stand for early damage is where I was critting him btw, lot of players saying they cant crit, well, it can be done. But like were there other options besides double hp? Most likely. But ill still log in to try to best that smelly beast.

Teq failed again!

Lambo.1405

It’s hard to backstab Teq, but I’ll keep stabbing him none the less. Even if I have to aim for his Achilles.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Idk why you complain. Best teq right at server reset. We did the same stuf to kill him.

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

I think where things are going to get interesting are when one ends up on a map with certain specific guilds that insist on putting 20 people on the north boats that are already filled with a full party. With the new buff, that’s just not going to float like it used to. Taking away from zerg DPS now matters a whole heck of a lot.

Besides the fact it’s just downright rude to take over an already filled defensive position, which has been a continual gripe for my guildies and I for months now, since we generally have to deal with this several times a week.

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Teq failed again!

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

We managed to kill it 8:31 remaining on the clock. It was with ATT guild spawn.