Teq's hoard and ascended stat changing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: apotheosis.5273

apotheosis.5273

Hi all, quick question. I read about how you’re going to be able to change the stats of ascended items, does that apply to non-crafted ascendeds such as the weapons in teq’s hoard? Its weapon skins are nice… But the stats aren’t quite so great.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I kitten well hope so. I wonder if the game even distinguishes between one type of Account bound Asc. item and another (e.g., crafted v. drop) after the recipient has chosen which item to get.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I think I read on reddit that a dev said yes you will be able to change stats on all ascended weps and armor (except the assessories I think), crafted or not, but you will need to use a transmutation charge and buy the sigil again or something.

edit: found the posts http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3afc2o/tequatl_hoard_and_ascended_stat_change_update/

(edited by Dark Jericho.8609)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

To change the stats, you’ll need 10 spirit shards, the armor/weapon you are changing, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia/inscription of the stats you want to convert to. If you have a rune or sigil in the original (or any sort of upgrade component) you will lose it when you mystic forge the item with these ingredients.

Ascended Gear

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The one thing I’m not sure about is whether you get to unlock another skin by changing the stats. I could see them working the mechanics either way.

Regardless, I’m happy that I can side-grade my stats for a reasonable price whenever I decide to make a major change to my builds, which will probably happen as soon as July (I think it will take me longer to absorb Tuesday’s changes than it will for others).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

The one thing I’m not sure about is whether you get to unlock another skin by changing the stats. I could see them working the mechanics either way.

Yes you get the new skin as well. It’s not really stat changing, it’s crafting a new item.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

You’re not gonna get Tequatl skins out of the forge unless a “Inscription of the Sunless” becomes availiable. You need the matching inscription/Insigia as part of the recipe.

And Tequatl’s weapons are simply Rabid weapons with a unique appearance. So you’d probably just get a rabid weapon with the standard skin of the craft-able one.

That said, it’d be nice if the did toss in some alternate recipies for some currently un-obtainable things. Ascended Giver’s weapons might become useful with the removal of condi duration from traits. And maybe there could be a special recipe for Tequatl weapon skins. (maybe just dumping a bunch of the other useless Teq drops and getting a chest out of it)

Just a flesh wound.3589

You’re not gonna get Tequatl skins out of the forge unless a “Inscription of the Sunless” becomes availiable. You need the matching inscription/Insigia as part of the recipe.

And Tequatl’s weapons are simply Rabid weapons with a unique appearance. So you’d probably just get a rabid weapon with the standard skin of the craft-able one.

That said, it’d be nice if the did toss in some alternate recipies for some currently un-obtainable things. Ascended Giver’s weapons might become useful with the removal of condi duration from traits. And maybe there could be a special recipe for Tequatl weapon skins. (maybe just dumping a bunch of the other useless Teq drops and getting a chest out of it)

If it does remove the skin when you mystic forge the Tequatl weapon to change its stats, the you should be able to reapply it with a Transmutation charge as long as it’s in your wardrobe, so I doubt that will be a problem.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Fauven.3195

Fauven.3195

teq skins CAN be crafted now. It needs an exotic version of the insignia you wish to convert. And luckily there exists a rabid intricate gossamer insignia. It’s from salvaging only though but more certain then teq

Ranger & mesmer 80
Piken Square [Gwen]

Just a flesh wound.3589

teq skins CAN be crafted now. It needs an exotic version of the insignia you wish to convert. And luckily there exists a rabid intricate gossamer insignia. It’s from salvaging only though but more certain then teq

I assume you mean that the skin won’t be lost when the stats are changed when the update arrives, not that the Teq weapons are actually craftable now or that there will be a recipe that allows the mystic forge to give you a new Teq weapon skin.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Wrong, devs have confirmed you CANNOT craft Teq skins.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope, you will get a basic Terracota skin (Grizzlemouth’s rabid craftable version ).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November