Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

I have been doing Teq everyday since I got back 3 months ago, trying to get Teq hoard, which sadly after 3+ months still nothing I hate you RNG!! Anyhow when you finish the event, you get bonus chests, normally I get 4 ( blue, green, yellow and orange) rarely I get ( green, yellow, orange) however today I only got 1? Just 1 It was the orange one, so is this normal? IS it a different amount every time, is it how much DPS you do or some such?

I mean its bad enough I still have yet to get any Ascended crate ( not even from the 3000+ bandit chests I have opened) but now I get cheated on 3 chests today that could have been a Teq Hoard

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

I assume you know you have to get credit for all 3 defense events to get all the chests, but if you didnt that would be why.

Otherwise its probably a bug, ive had it happen before. Not much you can do about it (you can try submitting a ticket, but its probably hard for them to check something like this), but if it makes you feel better the chance getting a hoard is like .00001%, so its really, really, really unlikely that the one you missed had it.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

The other day me and another player commented that we got 3/4 reward chests, we did not get the rare one. Neither of us missed an event. Not sure why that happened.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Make sure you are fighting inside the restricted area. If you fight outside the circle you won’t get credit.

Also try to make sure you get enough credit in one of the area. If you run around a bunch to each battery, you might not kill enough to get credit. Easiest way is just to focus on 1 battery.

There might be diminishing return(not sure). So make sure to kill something outside sparkfly in between tequalt if you want to ensure that you aren’t hit by it.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Diminishing returns can hit a char if it’s been on one map doing events for long enough or staying in one part of a map for long enough. If that char is one that’s stationed on that map to do that event, then take it to another to play for a bit every couple of days before returning.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Tink.9486

I have only done the 1 event on that map each night, for the teq hoard. And as far as the other stuff I do a different defense every burn and Im there till end, same as today and I got 1 chest, honestly do not think its that, getting 1 or 4 is just a bug, I do my part, I even WP when I die and run back instead of lying there dead till someone res’s me. Most days I get all 4, but today was the first day I got just 1, and I know the chances are slim ( and ill prob never get the teq hoard) but I feel cheated for having to do a 15 min event and getting only partial rewards.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have only done the 1 event on that map each night, for the teq hoard. And as far as the other stuff I do a different defense every burn and Im there till end, same as today and I got 1 chest, honestly do not think its that, getting 1 or 4 is just a bug, I do my part, I even WP when I die and run back instead of lying there dead till someone res’s me. Most days I get all 4, but today was the first day I got just 1, and I know the chances are slim ( and ill prob never get the teq hoard) but I feel cheated for having to do a 15 min event and getting only partial rewards.

Does that char leave that map afterwards and go do something else on another map?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Tink.9486

Yes, Just like every night, in which 1 get 4 chests every night. When I first started doing that event, I was new did not even know what to do really, I did not even defend id just clear the beach and I still got 4 chests. And I always do stuff on other maps before and after the event.

And this is a Daily reward, so you get the bonus chests every reset.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Jim Cartwright.1295

Jim Cartwright.1295

I mean its bad enough I still have yet to get any Ascended crate ( not even from the 3000+ bandit chests I have opened) but now I get cheated on 3 chests today that could have been a Teq Hoard

You can only get teq hoard from the exotic bag anyway..and the big chest

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Tink.9486

Yes I know, I was just speaking of the bad RNG overall this game has compared to others. Tbh im just frustrated I think that’s why I quit the first time. You want to make your customers happy so they will buy gems, not make them sad, depressed etc, then move on to something more dependable.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I decided to go after tequatl’s hoard. I did not miss a day for four months straight, often killing him 2-3 times per day when my schedule allowed. I commented on somebody’s QQ thread about RNG, and that very day at reset I received a hoard from the exotic chest. I hope you get one soon!

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I have been farming Tequatl 1-2 times a day since the revamp (2013) and just recently got a Sunless skin a few weeks ago. In that time one Sunless mini, and two ascended boxes in almost two years. Not so lucky I suppose when it comes to Taco loot, but I’m sure others have had it worse.

It’s a easy boss that takes little effort, hang in there.

JQ Druid

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’ve been more lucky, I’ve gotten 3 tequatl hoards (and 1 zojja). I also have 229 bone spoons, so yeah drop rate sucks.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

This happened to me yesterday…and every other time I’ve brought my mesmer to Teq. I participated in, got kill credit during EVERY single battery phase. I was at the same battery for the entire time from start to end and still only got credit for one of the three battery phases. I wound up with the fine & exotic dragon chests but not the masterwork or rare ones because I didn’t get event credit. I was there, in the event circle, getting kill credit for mobs at the event and still no credit for the event. I bug reported it and will never do Teq on my mesmer again, which is a shame I do love playing him. My only theory is that because he’s mostly condi set up I don’t do enough physical damage to get credit. The one event I did get credit for was only a bronze medal. I bring my full zerk ranger and I can do enough damage to tag two battery events during each battery phase (tag megalazer on the way to East). That’s my only guess. I shouldn’t have to bring a full damage build to get full event credit. That’s not right.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Schneider.8615

Schneider.8615

I’m not sure about the math behind it but the average score from the 3 defense events needs to be high enough to receive all chests. I think 1 bronze and 2 gold work, 2 silver and 1 gold. And so on. You can’t afk or slack through it and expect full rewards. :P

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

All I can say is that I haven’t been getting the bad results that some people have reported in this thread, and that I’ve been getting at least one ascended chest almost every month since October including three Tequatl’s Hoards – in fact I got Angchu’s Weapon Chest a few days ago and a precursor drop (Venom) last week I can only say that you need to be active in the three defense phases to get gold-level rewards (i.e., all four bonus dragon chests) in addition to the main chest. That means you need to, as pointed out before, get a gold medal in at least one phase. Basically, pick one battery and stick to it instead of roaming around the map, stay within the event area circle, and try to tag as many enemies as possible so that you get credit for the kills.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Tink.9486

I did this last night ( necro) the only 80 I have and got all 4 chests, I did exactly what I do everyday, which is participate in all events, and I got 4 chests. I still have no idea what makes you get less chests, im not lying when I say I participate in everything, I do not AFK like a lot of others do, so im still un clear as to how I get 3 chests, 4 or even 1, to me it just seems buggy.

I will not give up doing the event, even though I probably will never see a hoard or ascended crate, Im happy that others got some. I just wish they would put the skins for sale in gem store, all I want is the skin the stats are crap imo. Especially some of us who have just bad luck, would be nice to get it, at this rate I could do this for 5 years and never see 1 haha.

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I’ve been doing Teq since his release. not everyday but at least 4 times a week. i have never had a hoard or Ascended chest drop for me from him. I’ve received one from FotM once though at level 40. That account has 6k hours. I did TEQ the very first time with my new digital copy and got ascended chest on first try. I also recieved DAWN from Jungle Wurm bonus chest on the new account.. I’d like to know how old is OP account is. it may be paranoia but i think older accounts are getting screwed on drops some how.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Teqatal Chest, Buggy?

Tink.9486

My account was created the day of release, both me and my hubby bought the box set, actually I think we had a early start if I remember right, but yes Day 1 I have been playing. So my account is as old as GW2 is I however did take a few breaks from time to time. And I have been doing Teq now everyday for 3 months or even more I lost track tbh, and have never got any ascended.

My Friend/Guidly did teq after me coaxing him into it ( he does not like doing group events dung) And on hes 2nd try got a Ton’s Weapon crate, I was so Jelly!! 3 months and nothing here lol and he gets 1 2nd try!

I Honestly think that Arena Net should give everyone a Teq Hoard the first time they kill Teq 100% like the Cara Coat Box, and any extras would be RNG. I mean there is probably 5 + skins I want, that would at least make me some what happy knowing I got 1, and try for my next with RNG. Somone said the other day they have been doing the event for a year and no Teq hoard, I can’t stomach knowing this might happen to me too

(edited by Tink.9486)