Tequatl DC in last phase.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skuko.5783

skuko.5783

first, thank you arenanet for reminding me why i took a break for a few months in the first place, i am uninstalling your game as of now.

second, how in the hell do you NOT have a system in place that keeps the character in the game for at least 1 minute even if the client loses connection? i have lost 45 minutes of my life(map jumping and organization) that i will never have back on tequatl due to YOUR crappy netcode (my fiber optic 250mbit connection is SOLID) without ANYTHING to show for it (DC @ 20% teq, last burn phase with GW2 community organized event)

stupid things like the above just cost you a player who invested hundreds of euros into this game since launch. THANK YOU, i will put my money elsewhere.

please put more junk into the gemstore instead of fixing FUNDAMENTAL GAME BREAKING BUGS.

sincerely

angry FORMER CUSTOMER/PLAYER

p.s. uptight mods, feel free to infract and ban me, i don’t care anymore, nor am i giving anet any more of my money, be it gems or expansion. back to diablo. ALOHA!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Isn’t Diablo that 6-hour-long game? See you later when you cool off. Things like these happen in open-world. I also lost a lot of time doing Silwerwastes and not geting Winewrath final chest, but you know… I QQed a bit, and then I came back

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

diablo? i hope you mean 2. Does anybody still play d3?
Raging feels good. after a few hours youll be logging in, thats what usually happens, i do it too.

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

Formula: rage at a bug, mention wasted time, mention spent money, mention uninstalling, mention gem store, say you’re going back to another game.

- If the “other game” is that good, why does anyone stop playing it? And if there was a reason, why go back to it now? Is GW2 the “other game” in a Diablo forum post somewhere? Is there someone going back and forth between two games constantly uninstalling and going back? The big questions.
- I sense sarcasm when you thank Anet for reminding you why you quit. You should seriously thank them. You had a reason before, you seem to have forgotten it, they made sure you wouldn’t waste any more time because the reason is still there.

Also, the reason you won’t get your 45min back is because time only runs forward. It’s not the code’s fault. You wouldn’t get that time back if you had done the boss either;

Having said that, can I have your stuff?

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Bah you beat me to asking for stuff. Oh well… see you at HoT launch OP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Well I agree with him if you get soft server DC you should be enable to get same IP map if it within one minute or somthink,server just hold your spot or keep your character in idle mode or somthink.

Posted by: skuko.5783

skuko.5783

looks like only killface got the point of the post. anet can’t take measures to account for their trashy netcode. sorry, i would actually give you my stuff, but i already deleted the game and can’t be kitten d to reinstall it just to login and give stuff away.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

code for: I still needs it when HoT comes out

Posted by: SoulTaker.2093

SoulTaker.2093

Can I have your gold?? just send it to my ID soultaker.2093 thanks

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

second, how in the hell do you NOT have a system in place that keeps the character in the game for at least 1 minute even if the client loses connection?

Three years people have been asking for this. Try reinstalling next year, maybe it’ll be fixed (j/k it won’t be).

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

first, thank you arenanet for reminding me why i took a break for a few months in the first place, i am uninstalling your game as of now.

Can I have your stuff?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

second, how in the hell do you NOT have a system in place that keeps the character in the game for at least 1 minute even if the client loses connection? i have lost 45 minutes of my life(map jumping and organization) that i will never have back on tequatl due to YOUR crappy netcode (my fiber optic 250mbit connection is SOLID) without ANYTHING to show for it (DC @ 20% teq, last burn phase with GW2 community organized event)

stupid things like the above just cost you a player who invested hundreds of euros into this game since launch. THANK YOU, i will put my money elsewhere.

please put more junk into the gemstore instead of fixing FUNDAMENTAL GAME BREAKING BUGS.

sincerely

angry FORMER CUSTOMER/PLAYER

p.s. uptight mods, feel free to infract and ban me, i don’t care anymore, nor am i giving anet any more of my money, be it gems or expansion. back to diablo. ALOHA!

waves goodbye

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Rant and can I have your stuff aside,the OP has a valid point.
I don’t understand why they don’t implement a grace period for PvE maps
as they do in PvP maps.
I lose event and even worse SW map progression of upwards of 30mins all the
time because of a 2 sec disconnect that is most likely on Anets side.
Literally from the time I disconnect to the time I am back on the loading screen
less that 5 sec have passed,back in game in 10 secs.
And even if it is my connection that had the problem I’m back in game in less
than 40 secs.
Really.
Grace period in PvE maps.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

Actually i have disconection (pretty heavy) and yet still enter the game and been on the same map, and happened to me on TEQ, bad luck for the OP i gues, btw i only whant your materials, like ectos and that, XD

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Actually i have disconection (pretty heavy) and yet still enter the game and been on the same map, and happened to me on TEQ, bad luck for the OP i gues, btw i only whant your materials, like ectos and that, XD

There we go.
This guy got heavily disconnected(pretty) and got in the same map by luck.
/close thread
Also I cannot but comment on the excellent reading comprehension.
/close everything
Warning!!!
Constructive feedback levels exceeding maximum.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Not even a disconnect system necessarily. I just don’t understand why event credit is instantly lost upon disconnect.

Just leave those world boss chests there, phased so that only people with event credit can see/interact. They’re once a day as is.

Limit event participation credit to one instance per account per event, so people don’t just park alts and overscale events with rapid logging over

Then when the event succeeds/fails, the appropriate rewards are sent to all characters who have participated, and their ‘success’ is recorded for the day so they can log back in anytime they’re able to claim the boss chest reward.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

As terrible as this angry rant is (like really terrible, besides being angry its not even entertaining, 2/10 at most), I do agree that its ridiculous to not have a system to save your spot in the map when you DC.

On teq it doesnt matter that much since its only 1 event, but in SW its just terrible. Really hope the new maps have a way to save your spot (and I know you can by being in a party, but thats not the point).

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

did everyone DC or just you? kinda hard to blame anet if you were the only one

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Just get horrible crash from organized Teq …

I get kick into character selection and my toon get kick back to Lion Arch (Wait! What?..Err)

And as I expected… get crappy instance .

Can Mr. megasever remember which server I’m in and reserve my spot when I dc. please?

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

join one of the many anti dc parties and you have a bigger chance of getting
back on the map you came from.

I do agree that this should be automatic though.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

So you are quitting the game forever because of a single Tequatl fight that you got disconnected from…

Fights which are often organized and set up by various guilds with high success rates at least before.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So you are quitting the game forever because of a single Tequatl fight that you got disconnected from…

Fights which are often organized and set up by various guilds with high success rates at least before.

No. He’s quitting the game because he’s finally fed up with Anet’s lack of effort/interest in fixing an issue that has plagued players for three years.