Tequatl and Wurm box drop rates

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

So its been nearly a month since the wardrobe was added into the game and I have been trying to get as many skins as possible. Teq and wurm skins require a great deal of luck and could take several months so naturally I wanted to get a head start on these.

After nearly 30 kills of both Teq and Wurm, I have achieved 0 sunless weps and 0 Wurm armors…
Now for the players who are not familiar with these encounters, it requires you to get in the right map almost 1 hr prior to Teq and then do the same for Wurm, which currently ties up 3 hours of my game time daily.
Not to mention, with only certain guilds doing wurm, the map fills up in less than 10s and after that you can only hope that you can /join spam and get lucky. Although this in itself is a pain in the kitten, I wont complain much about this, rather the main issue is the drop rate.
After spending nearly 90 hours in the past month, I feel like I have accomplished nothing and I could have done many other things in game.
I can continue to rinse n repeat and possibly never get a drop of either in the game.

I would recommend that some sort of ticket system be added for these encounters, here is an example:

Each Teq/Wurm kill rewards you with 1 token
100 tokens = 1 wep or 1 armor.

Surely, 100 kills justifies 1 guaranteed reward.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I gave up after 5months straight every day almost (think I missed maybe a week and a half out of that total), I realized when a player gets the taco box their first run that was enough for me.

I did get a water breather, and Tequatl mini I could have bought in the tp for 20g. I don’t collect minis so meh.

Best of luck~

JQ Druid

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

the odds are 3720 to 1.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

ZilentNight.5089

the odds are 3720 to 1.

How did you come up with those odds?

Also my guess is that each attempt is exclusive, based on the above odds, I doubt I will ever get one as a drop.

pdavis.8031

“The odds of surving an astroid field are 3720 to 1!”
“Never tell me the odds!”

Does no one get the reference?

recognize my command!”

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

“The odds of surving an astroid field are 3720 to 1!”
“Never tell me the odds!”

Does no one get the reference?

I got it.

pdavis.8031

YAY!! 2 points for you.

Back on topic though. It doesn’t matter how many times you beat it, you will have the same odds no matter what. Each drop is rolled on the RNG table. Increased luck adds more rolls, but thats about it. So your best bet would be to try to buy it off the TP, if possible, or increase your luck and continue those events.

It doesn’t make sense to have a garaunteed way to get a special drop. Thats what makes those drops so special. If they could be bought with tokens the value, and meaning, would drop significantly, making such things almost worthless. Much like dungeon armor. It’s not the greatest, but theres a reason you can’t get it off the TP.

recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

ZilentNight.5089

The boxes I am talking about cannot be bought from the TP, they are account bound on acquire….

Trust me, if they were available on the TP, I would not have created this thread.

pdavis.8031

Gotcha, I don’t know, I don’t go for many of the things that look pretty anyway so…..

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I don’t really mind the drop rates. After all, Tequatl and Wurm are supposed to be end-game content and therefore has to keep you busy for a longer period of time. If it was possible to get those items within a month people would get bored quickly.

However, current problems with full maps and bad spawn schedule makes it extra hard to organize it and requires even more of the player’s time than necessary.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just like 99.9999999999……… of the drops in this game, pure excrement.

ZilentNight.5089

I don’t really mind the drop rates. After all, Tequatl and Wurm are supposed to be end-game content and therefore has to keep you busy for a longer period of time. If it was possible to get those items within a month people would get bored quickly.

However, current problems with full maps and bad spawn schedule makes it extra hard to organize it and requires even more of the player’s time than necessary.

I completely agree with your point so based on what I had suggested.
100 kills = 1 skin

Lets do some math:

There are 19 Sunless weapons, which will require me 1900 days to get full collection
1900 days = 5 years and 75 days

There are 18 Wurm Armor pieces, which will require 1800 days to get full collection
6 pieces per light/med/heavy (6 * 3 = 18)

1800 days = 4 years and 340 days.

I think that is long enough time to keep us grinding for the same bosses and still have a light at the end of the tunnel.
Would you agree that, this would “keep you busy for a longer period of time.” ?

Posted by: DjJazzman.4031

DjJazzman.4031

So take the Blizzard route and make armor tokens.

I like it, and also don’t. In a way, it helps you get that piece of gear you really want. However, WoW has the system in order to gear you up for end game content. Tequatl IS end game content. Another negative is that its making it easier for one to get that rare, sought after piece of gear, which takes out of the intensity of the fight.

Leyologist Tibbol, [I]Arcane Leyline Expert and Synergetics Graduate[/I] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You think that would be a long enough time, but you dont realize that some guilds have put Tequatl on a farm. Those guilds show up, Teq dies. It’s that simple. They can also do it at every Teq spawn. And that’s also disregarding guild-spawned runs.

ZilentNight.5089

You think that would be a long enough time, but you dont realize that some guilds have put Tequatl on a farm. Those guilds show up, Teq dies. It’s that simple. They can also do it at every Teq spawn. And that’s also disregarding guild-spawned runs.

Oh I am aware, but you can only get the daily chest once a day per account. So regardless of how many times the boss is being killed in day, that will not give me a 2nd chance at the reward.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Oh I am aware, but you can only get the daily chest once a day per account. So regardless of how many times the boss is being killed in day, that will not give me a 2nd chance at the reward.

The Exotic dragon chest is once per account, the large ground chest is once per character. Both give you the same exact chances at Ascended drops as well as the minis.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i really haven’t tried the worm though i have killed Teq over 400+ times with no wings, mini, or teq weapons. i gave up on it. of course i did end buying the wings though there’s really no point in doing the event if all you get is greens, blue, and a few horrible yellows.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

I stopped playing GW2 because of dropsrates. I have killed wurm and tequatl at least 30 times with 1 cheap exotic so far. Not worth the time imo. I gave up on precursers drop quite a while ago. I grinded my crafts for ascended weapons, got all classes to 80 and Im bored right now.
The living story doesnt seem to continue this month.
Time for a GW2 Break. I bought the addon to Diablo 3 and Im grinding Legendaries atm.
At least the droprates of legendaries in Diablo has changed quite a bit

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

these items were not invented for collectors like you, they were made for a once in a lifetime chance for the average player to get them with blind luck from a reward…..i sympathize cuz i want the sunless weps too but sorry the rates must stay the same

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I gave up on trying to get the weapons too. :P RNG has never favoured me for stuff like this. On the other hand, I have a guildie who showed up to Wurm for the very first time, had no real clue what was going on, but he got the Ascended armor chest at the end.

RNG is RNG, but by the Six, she can be an unfair quaggan-lover sometimes. :P

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

While I agree that RNG is RNG the odds just simply need to get better.
When you do tons of Taco and Wurmie runs and never get a drop you get bored pretty quick.
There isnt much else to do in GW2 after almost 2 years but those two bosses.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Ghost.5296

Ghost.5296

If they implement a token reward system, then I agree that the token should be rewarded only once a day, obtainable from the exotic dragon chest (correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that it is once a day per acct). Removes the ‘farming’ mentality so players can move on to other objectives until the next reset.

I support Zilent’s suggestion of 100 tokens for 1 guaranteed reward chest. That requires a min 100 days of successful attempts. It is also a reasonable long-term-ish goal that most players can work towards.

It is quite frustrating for players like me who have been killing Teq nearly every day since the overhaul last Sept (that’s roughly 240 days) and have never received an Ascended chest or Tequatl’s Hoard. And yet friends/guildies who have only killed Tequatl a handful of times has gotten one or two, one even on their first kill.

I wouldn’t ask for the RNG chests to be removed entirely since it is a very nice surprise when you do get one. The lucky can stay lucky. With a token reward system in place, at least the unlucky, but perseverant will have a guaranteed reward for their efforts.

ZilentNight.5089

Thanks for the support, now only if Anet can implement this system.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Anet really need to make an universal world boss token system. (Tequila, Wurms, all the Priests) And let the players chose their rewards, instead of relying on the much hated RNG.

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

i really haven’t tried the worm though i have killed Teq over 400+ times with no wings, mini, or teq weapons. i gave up on it. of course i did end buying the wings though there’s really no point in doing the event if all you get is greens, blue, and a few horrible yellows.

So you have killed him every day, twice a day ?
You seem to have a lot of freetime.

As for Teq,
I got 2 Ascended Weapon Boxes from him so far …
didn’t open them cause the stats are totally crap.

Believe me its far more depressing to get something ascended just to realize its crap you cant even salvage.

As for tokens, that suggestion has been made several times when new tequatl was released

#ELEtism

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Only if they nerf the karma.

Sound fair. If you think you got nothing out of it, you really should get nothing out of it.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

under the old drop rules, I killed Teq 218 times, I received 3 Teq boxes within 2 weeks, right before the drop rate changes.
I still go for the community that I see there everyday. Why did I get 3 Hordes and others have none, even though they have been there with me every time, I cannot explain.