Tequatl hard or not worth it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

I returned to the game when Season 2 of the LS started and I knew there were some changes to this boss during a patch, now I am wondering if its better or worse?

I’ve never seen this guy die since I’ve been back, I’ve never seen him below 90% for that matter, I usually head there at least once a day its up. It usually ends up with a lot of people stood around talking about what to do, the fight starts, everyone has a huge kitten fest and leaves after a few minutes. Quite exciting.

Is this event even doable?

A lot of people tell me if it’s not going down within first few minutes, it’s not going down at all, so thats why people leave, others say the rewards are just not worth the time at all.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Its very doable, I don’t do it every night but when I go we usually kill him. The event does require a certain amount of coordination which can make it problematic if a strong guild isn’t spearheading it. You need to have him out of that first phase by I think the 7 minute mark or you can’t do it, I may be wrong about that though.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Good players, the ones who know the fight will turn up in sparkfly fen one hour before the fight starts.

If you turn up with like ten minutes to go you will be on a server with the slackers.

The key is still to turn up early.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Teq is “taking candy from a baby” easy. Back when we had the 2 hour spawn times, I’d be killing him 4-5 times a day. The hard part is getting the numbers of people willing to organize, listen, and cooperate.

Premium.4075

Good players, the ones who know the fight will turn up in sparkfly fen one hour before the fight starts.

If you turn up with like ten minutes to go you will be on a server with the slackers.

I did not know this, so it is best to turn up early and get in with the dedicated otherwise you will end up in an overflow mega server with people who are usually not good? Is that the trend for this fight.

I might have to try this on the next spawn.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

yeah if you show up right before with the megaserver system everyone who was serious about it has already filled a map and you’re getting the leftovers.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Tequatl is VERY DOABLE and is somewhat worth the effort for the rewards. In the past 30 days it has failed for the instance I get into about 8 or 9 times, I also show up 1 and a half to 2 hours early and wait/farm the area until it’s time.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

Hey Mud!! Mud and I do Teq together often (Gwen here). You need to show up at least and hour early as has been stated already.

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I did not know this, so it is best to turn up early and get in with the dedicated otherwise you will end up in an overflow mega server with people who are usually not good? Is that the trend for this fight.

I might have to try this on the next spawn.

Premium.4075

Thanks for the advice, going to try get there early tomorrow

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

This little thread inspires me to have a go at the new(ish) Teq. I’ve never even tried it out.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Condutas.3580

Condutas.3580

I personally use the ts.GW2community.com (gw2 community teamspeak) when I want to go for Tequatil runs. You only need too listen too the commanders words, dont even have too talk back and make sure you are on TS at the very least 30 minutes before Tequatil events start.

Now, I am not saying I cannot kill him in random maps, I am just stating that your odds will surely improve if you try it like that.

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

i’d say on average, if u turn up at least 15mins before, you will have a 90% chance to defeat Teq.

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Teq looks harder than it is. I’ll echo what everyone else is saying here: show up early (I usually do 30-45 mins), check if people are using a Teamspeak, and follow the commander(s). The rewards are very worth it.

Something to know though, is that the timer for the event is misleading. Every time Teq hits a 25% mark, the timer freezes and a new phase of the fight starts. It might look hopeless, but don’t get disheartened!

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

I’m not sure if you are NA or EU, but in NA (and I assume EU) there are a lot of guilds that kill it daily. I think that an hour early is way excessive, but we usually start organizing about 30 minutes before he spawns. I don’t know about your guild status, but your guild may know when the best times are (8pm/11pm EST for the groups I know of), and who they usually run with (SAGA/EG/DEAD in my case). If you have a teamspeak, and about 10-15 guild members who are going to be there and get on it, you can generally organize a kill yourself. Feel free to contact me in game if you want to try and run one with your guild. I don’t always have the numbers to organize a map, but am more than willing to explain strategy as a zerg pin for the fight.

(EDIT: really. Can and usually can’t be next to each other)

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I’ve done Tequatl on all 4 of my 80s for the past two days in a row. The trick is to arrive early.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

do you get multiple chest from alternates?

Vexander.9850

do you get multiple chest from alternates?

Yes, but not the extra Exotic one, just the Rare, Masterwork, and Fine ones. But you do get to open the bonus Dragon Chest that spawns in the world each character.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

oh wow i though chest are usually once per account per day

Vexander.9850

oh wow i though chest are usually once per account per day

Tequatl is an exception, but then again, I’ve also done the Shatterer and Claw of Jormag and Frozen Maw and others on different characters several times a day and was able to look the dragon chests just fine. It’s the Karka Queen I couldn’t loot on additional characters, oddly enough.

Premium.4075

I tried to go an hour early today, unfortunately, not enough people (that was the common complaint in the /shout) and we ultimately failed getting him to around 95% and all turrents broken and overrun by enemies and champions.

I am on a EU server, I can only play during a specific window time 5pm to 11pm GMT. Which would be about 12-5pm EST, I don’t know how I would fair on a NA server but I am beginning to loose hope on this guy, I’ve been 0/15+

A friend of mine in the US (on a us server) says he kills it often, and doesn’t have to be early, he just follows that countdown list. So I feel unlucky

(edited by Premium.4075)

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

My advice, as always, is to join TTS. It’s a massive group of guilds dedicated to killing bosses like Tequatl, Triple Trouble, etc. I’ve rarely seen Teq NOT die when I’m on a TTS map tbh, it’s kind of turned into that mythical thing… Tequatl killing the zerg, not the other way around.

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

I am on a EU server, I can only play during a specific window time 5pm to 11pm GMT. Which would be about 12-5pm EST, I don’t know how I would fair on a NA server but I am beginning to loose hope on this guy, I’ve been 0/15+

This may just be a bad window. I’ve been doing the server reset and the reset +3h Teq battles on NA (so 5pm and 8pm PST) and haven’t seen a failure if I showed up 40 minutes early. My additional advice is that even if you show up in the Fen at the right time, don’t assume you’re on a good map- keep an eye out for Teq Taxi adverts in the LFG menu and switch if people don’t sound like they are organizing.