Tequatl jump pads require HoT/Gliding

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

So apparently this is a thing now, and mapchat at Teq is pretty kittened. So… what does this mean for people who dont have HoT? they cant do a world boss? can they do the jump pads at Shatterer?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Since when was HoT required for the jump pads at Teq?

Felahr.9830

I dont know when it happened, but people are just now discovering it today, so recently i guess. I have HoT so iv never seen it stop working for me

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll have to check but you did not need it last week before Thursday’s update.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I don’t know whether they have changed that but what I would say is that you don’t need those pads to do Teq. I’ve done it loads of times and got all the achievements just by running around on foot. For quite a while I did not even know the pads were there.

And anyhow, buy HoT. It’s great! (Insert cheesy two-thumbs-up emoticon here).

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Sounds like a bug to me, since there’s no gliding involved with those. Perhaps some wires got crossed with Shatterer’s jump pads, which are built for gliding.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Felahr.9830

Sounds like a bug to me, since there’s no gliding involved with those. Perhaps some wires got crossed with Shatterer’s jump pads, which are built for gliding.

Aye thats what Im hoping, because to deprive nonHoTers from the Shatt achievment/backpack is really not cool

Ayrilana.1396

Aye thats what Im hoping, because to deprive nonHoTers from the Shatt achievment/backpack is really not cool

The pads for the shatterer were meant for gliders.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I meant maybe Teq’s pads are broken by mistake. I assumed Shatterer’s pads never worked without gliding, because there’s nowhere you want to simply launch to.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I did notice an animation change with the jump pads…so something did change, but since I have HoT I didn’t notice them ever not working.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Pretty sure this issue has been fixed already. Having a HoT and non HoT account, it was obvious right away when it changed. I think they were trying to add the ability to glide which wasn’t there before at Teq and Shatterer. They were simple jumping pads just like in Lion’s Arch. Now they send us lower and faster and allow gliding at the end and they work as jumping pads for non HoT accounts too. I’m assuming they are fixed at the Shatterer also.
Thank You Anet!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I just logged onto my non-HOT account, and I was able to use the launch pads at Shatterer, but I was NOT able to use the ones at Teq. It stops you right before it’s supposed to launch you.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

Without being able to glide from the top of the jump arc, if there are people on the pads at Teq it’s almost faster to just hoof it.

Glad this is fixed though!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Without being able to glide from the top of the jump arc, if there are people on the pads at Teq it’s almost faster to just hoof it.

It’s not fixed. At least not for my account, anyway.

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

It’s not fixed. At least not for my account, anyway.

Oh.

I only have one account and it’s got HoT, so I was going by what people above said. I really hope that it can be dual-function, they need to work for core.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Since when was HoT required for the jump pads at Teq?

Since they pushed the fix that allowed people with gliding to glide after jumping (like you can at Shatterer). It was somewhere last week or so, iirc.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Someone might have flipped the wrong switch somewhere because you can now glide in the GH without having HoT…

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Pretty sure this issue has been fixed already. Having a HoT and non HoT account, it was obvious right away when it changed. I think they were trying to add the ability to glide which wasn’t there before at Teq and Shatterer. They were simple jumping pads just like in Lion’s Arch. Now they send us lower and faster and allow gliding at the end and they work as jumping pads for non HoT accounts too. I’m assuming they are fixed at the Shatterer also.
Thank You Anet!

So yeah, The fix I was seeing was not permanent. These Jumping Pads work differently for some characters without HoT, and differently from day to day. Sorry if I misled anyone. I hope this gets fixed soon.