Tequatl the Lootless

Tequatl the Lootless

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NinjaWursti.9627

NinjaWursti.9627

It’s pure rng. A friend of mine started on gw2, beat tequatl for the very first time with me and got the hoard. Or maybe some accounts are just favored by rng. Or maybe he did participate like a madman and i didn’t. Or maybe just spoon.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I’ve actually enjoyed Teq runs, just for the sake of themselves. Sucks that you haven’t gotten any ascended loot. I haven’t had anything other than Tequatl’s Hoard which I was fortunate enough to have drop for me three times. I would like it if they made more boss battles like this though.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I only do Tequatl occasionally but when I do, I make sure I participate in each of the battery defenses as fully as possible (I stay until there is about 20-22 seconds left before returning to main area) so I get the max number of chest rewards.

Yesterday I finally got my Tequatl’s Hoard. I think getting that is strictly RNG and mine has tended to be sucky. I did get this one on my newest character which I created when HoT came out but it has not had any extra ordinary luck that I feel I could say this was a factor. The only thing I think of that would impact this is to make sure you participate as fully as possible to get the max number of chests and hopefully the RNG cycle will finally hit at the right time.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

The golden chest i just got had nothing but masterwork items?

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The problem is you’re doing it too much and the game knows this and keeps your prize from you because it knows you’ll never stop. People who play less and do things less generally have better luck because the game wants to get them to play more.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Got my first Hoard today. I also had one ascended weapon chest before the expansion came out. The shame of it is, I don’t have dire need for an ascended weapon on my Revenant. I want to work on a tank build, though, eventually, so there may be a staff in my future.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Mina.2409

Mina.2409

Got my first Hoard today. I also had one ascended weapon chest before the expansion came out. The shame of it is, I don’t have dire need for an ascended weapon on my Revenant. I want to work on a tank build, though, eventually, so there may be a staff in my future.

Congrats on your Hoard. I’m not sure if your Revenant is your only character, but if not, all ascended items are account bound and can be used by any of your characters. Also you can now exchange the stats in the mystic forge pretty easily. Just keep in mind you do lose upgrades when doing so.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Congrats on your Hoard. I’m not sure if your Revenant is your only character, but if not, all ascended items are account bound and can be used by any of your characters. Also you can now exchange the stats in the mystic forge pretty easily. Just keep in mind you do lose upgrades when doing so.

Yes, I know they are account bound and that the stats can be changed. I’m just not playing any of my other characters and don’t really expect to for the time being.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I created a free account a few months back – and the first time I did Teq with it, it got a horde. I feel I supported Anet in trolling all the people on the map when I pinged it.

SBI

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I’ve done Teq a few times, but I never do anything just for loot.

I know I will become bored if I do anything that isn’t either very well designed, or with totally random possibilities, more than a certain number of times, so I just don’t.

Also, I don’t like having to look stuff up online, as that kills the experience for me and I get the feeling looking stuff up online is exactly what you have to do for things like Teq.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Wait, there are people who get more than just spoons for killing Teq?

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Wait, there are people who get more than just spoons for killing Teq?

Yes! Sometimes you get Runes of the Sunless!

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

Killed him daily for about 6 months now. Got a few minis and exos. Last week I got two hoards on consecutive kills.

Tequatl the Lootless

Posted by: Supernaut.2684

Supernaut.2684

Finally, after umpteen bazillion Teq kills, I looted an ascended weapon box the other night. In contrast, a guy in my guild just came back from a 1-year break, and looted 2 in a week, and that brought his total ascended drops from Teq to 6. Ain’t RNG grand?

I’d really like to see some kind of token system for these, even if it took 100 tokens to get a box.