Tequatl the Sunless

Tequatl the Sunless

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Two Strikes.6107

Two Strikes.6107

Is it beatable? I have yet to be there when it has been killed. Our server hardly no one shows up for this boss any longer.. a shame really. Thanks for making the game a little less fun everyday.

In a mad world are only the mad sane.
Madness comes from Fairytales.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Why not take the initiative and gather people from your server to do the event? If you just want to show up to elite content, expecting to join an organized group, then you need to wait for that group to come.

If no one wants to lead or coordinate on your server, it’s not Anet’s fault, but the players themselves.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Someone got shot in my neighborhood, and the policeman decided not to catch the gun shooter because it’s is too dangerous.

When ask the policeman why he didn’t do anything he said it’s the civilians own fault that the neighborhood is too dangerous.

Yes, if no one want to do Tequatl on your server it is not Anet’s fault. It is the fault of players on your server.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Why not take the initiative and gather people from your server to do the event? If you just want to show up to elite content, expecting to join an organized group, then you need to wait for that group to come.

If no one wants to lead or coordinate on your server, it’s not Anet’s fault, but the players themselves.

I see this comment a lot. And every time I do I want to see the person who made the comment do exactly that….just go out to Lion’s arch and organize a group of 150 players to do ANYTHING! (heck, I helped run a couple temple runs and it is like herding cats to get people to go to the same place in the same order…much less do an organized event like tequatl) HERDING CATS I TELL YOU!

It is so easy to go to your local area and organizing a group to do tequatl…it’s so easy! That statement seriously makes me laugh! LOL.

Youre not elite for having done tequatl (I’ve done him about 20 times now…I AM NOT ELITE), you just happen to have a guild (like TTS which I am a part of) or a server that gets enough people to do tequatl….there is nothing Elite about the fight….stop being condescending of others who have legitimate concerns over the lack of people that do this content on a regular basis on all but the highest population servers.

To the original poster. Most of the non-high pop servers stopped doing Tequatl over a month ago…the only way to do a tequatl kill if you are on one of these servers is by joining TTS or guesting to a high-pop server and waiting. Come to the fight about an hour before hand so that you can recieve instructions (“first timers—stand here and hit one so that you can be Elite also doing this Elite content” is our most common suggestion). TTS takes all comers so you would be welcome with them.

Tequatl the Sunless

Smooth Penguin.5294

Someone got shot in my neighborhood, and the policeman decided not to catch the gun shooter because it’s is too dangerous.

When ask the policeman why he didn’t do anything he said it’s the civilians own fault that the neighborhood is too dangerous.

Yes, if no one want to do Tequatl on your server it is not Anet’s fault. It is the fault of players on your server.

I’m sorry to hear someone got shot in your neighborhood. If it’s too dangerous, you should move.

I see this comment a lot. And every time I do I want to see the person who made the comment do exactly that….just go out to Lion’s arch and organize a group of 150 players to do ANYTHING! (heck, I helped run a couple temple runs and it is like herding cats to get people to go to the same place in the same order…much less do an organized event like tequatl) HERDING CATS I TELL YOU!

I used to guest to TC to help lead Teq kills. This was before TTS was formed.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Guest to blackgate at w/e time it spawns after dailies reset.

(edited by Phy.2913)

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Tequatl has been killed numerous times on most servers.

However it’s typically too challenging for pure PuGs so it really only gets killed in scheduled events organized by guilds or other server entities. There are even entire guilds set up to do this type of fight (soon the Wurm too).

Guesting may be a good way to see this fight done in a proper fashion. Often servers will advertise a serious attempt cross-server so that people can join them for the try. Often they’ll even opt to try it on an overflow so you don’t even need to guest.

It’s all just about finding out when the next serious attempt is and getting there in time.

Tequatl the Sunless

Two Strikes.6107

Yaks Bend is populated. I do appreciate the condescending remarks. I expect that from ‘elite berserker’ players, my post was to Anet, not the Elite Berserkers, you guys are always a blast. (oops misspelled guys just a fopaux )

(edited by Two Strikes.6107)

Tequatl the Sunless

laokoko.7403

I’m sorry to hear someone got shot in your neighborhood. If it’s too dangerous, you should move.

I totally get it why you always blame the players instead of Anet now.

Not everyone have the luxury to move to better country or even better neighborhood. And the neighborhood I mean here means place in the country is too dangerous.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: DemonHunter.2583

DemonHunter.2583

It seems as if every week we try to kill tequatl we dont have enough time or no one is intrested in this boss because it takes over 20mins to beat him thanks for ruining the boss ????

Tequatl the Sunless

laokoko.7403

If you really want to do it that bad, you can just join TTS or go to another server and sit there and wait your time.

Tequatl the Sunless

Two Strikes.6107

It seems as if every week we try to kill tequatl we dont have enough time or no one is intrested in this boss because it takes over 20mins to beat him thanks for ruining the boss ????

Exactly. Yes I am sure it can be beat, but to waist 20 minutes of fruitless time due to an overwhelming presence of overpowered antagonist and underpowered friendly NPC’s is just insane. I was in Sparkfly on three toons mapping and never seen it beat or more then 15 people show up and die over and over. They would rather do the easy champ run in Queensdale.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I totally get it why you always blame the players instead of Anet now.

Not everyone have the luxury to move to better country or even better neighborhood. And the neighborhood I mean here means place in the country is too dangerous.

Bad analogy is bad.

If you really want to do it that bad, you can just join TTS or go to another server and sit there and wait your time.

Also your suggestions is what is wrong with this game.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

Tequatl the Sunless

Two Strikes.6107

Sit in a server and wait for Teq.. sounds a blast… tybnty

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Yaks Bend is populated. I do appreciate the condescending remarks. I expect that from ‘elite berserker’ players, my post was to Anet, not the Elite Berserkers, you guys are always a blast. (oops misspelled guys just a fopaux )

The ‘elite berserkers’? wut

Tequatl the Sunless

Two Strikes.6107

The ‘elite berserkers’? wut[/quote]

ummm.. self explanatory, There are those of us who play and win and go on enjoying the game, and there are those who play and win and tell everyone else they are elite because they can do it better. Berserkers …. Its always the other players or your fault.. not ‘ME’ . Anet screwed up Teq.. plain and simple.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Tequatl is too easy, my server does him like 6 times on average per day, organized by pugs btw.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

It’s not the police’s fault people are bad. It’s not the police that made the shooter either. So where’s your point in comparing this to Anet making an encounter and people telling you to get people together to do said encounter?

And FYI local vigilantly groups form all the time to deal with their own problems.

Tequatl the Sunless

Two Strikes.6107

Tequatl is too easy, my server does him like 6 times on average per day, organized by pugs btw.

I read a lot of your posts, you seem to be very proud of yourself and your team. You seem to be able to do everything, and the whole game is just too easy for you. Amazing gamer you must be.

Please stop trolling my post. Tequatl is overpowered for its level. The whole area now is unplayable. Exploding fishheads you cant kill.

Why not throw some Toxic Alliance in low level Queensdale and Gendarran Fields where low level toons with no toxic removal skills. That was brilliant

Tequatl the Sunless

Smooth Penguin.5294

I read a lot of your posts, you seem to be very proud of yourself and your team. You seem to be able to do everything, and the whole game is just too easy for you. Amazing gamer you must be.

Please stop trolling my post. Tequatl is overpowered for its level. The whole area now is unplayable. Exploding fishheads you cant kill.

Why not throw some Toxic Alliance in low level Queensdale and Gendarran Fields where low level toons with no toxic removal skills. That was brilliant

The fact that the players on your server refuse to organize for a boss that requires a good deal of coordination, is proof it’s not Anet’s fault. If everyone just wants to stand around hoping to join a group, rather than forming one, then that’s where your main problem is.

By the way, you don’t kill the fishheads, you avoid them. The mechanics of the fishheads are the most simple of the whole event chain.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Its possible, so it’s fine. MMOs need content that not everyone can do.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The level is completly irrelevant. Anets philosphy is the whole game is endgame.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

This is because content that requires 40+ people on teamspeak is not something that belongs in open world content. It’s basically more or less the time and effort to organize for event the rewards aren’t enough for people (I play on yaks as well) can be spent elsewhere on easier stuff in a shorter time and do more of it.

It’s basically the time and effort for say Famme to explain what to do to all the random people who do the boss train at resets (not so much lately cause of living story content) is spent doing other events that can be done more easily and more quickly leading to more time spent doing other things to gain money/karma.

It’s more or less why do Arah for an exotic set of zerk armor that you plan to transmute on to say you’re t3 cultural when CoF and CoE can be done much more quickly with much less organization for the same rewards basically.

In shorts many of the players on yaks think that tequatl is a giant waste of time and energy to organize for the rewards.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.