Tequatl the Sunless

Tequatl the Sunless

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CptJeff.3809

CptJeff.3809

Hello!

This event has to change.
Either the Q&A team has become too skilled and cannot test the game for casual players or the developers misstyped some 0’s in the health bar of the dragon.

This event is impossible to beat.
“We do this daily with our guild.” Good for you! want a cookie? – Not everybody has a populated guild, some people prefer the small guild with close friends.

frustration, I get teased with achievement chests and cannot get the achievement points for it because some dragon has 1,000,000,000,000/0 HP

I’d be happy if the event became an instance where I would just need a few solid mates or make the event casual friendly.

Sincerly Jeff.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Bambi.2609

Bambi.2609

I just did it with random megaserver, we had AFK people and even 1 troll on turrets. Just get there 20 minutes earlier and start giving orders like i do :P most people actually listens. Biggest problem is people attitude we cannot do it and screaming on turret users when they mess up.

(edited by Bambi.2609)

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I do Tequatl a few times a week with TTS, and I’ve also done it quite a few times with random maps that simply won by listening to those of us who knew what to do. It’s not impossible to beat, but it does take practice and cooperation from people.

Edit: If you want to look up info on how the fight should go, you can check out TTS’s website. They have a pretty detailed guide for both Tequatl and the Evolved Jungle Wurm.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

did it everyday for10 days, always with randoms, always on megaservers, Never failed. even got a run with a kill @ 8.35

The key is getting there about 50-40 minutes earlier, this way you’re sure to get a full server with people who are actually motivated in killing him and willing to listen orders and organize.

If you dont wanna wait…well good luck, try a taxi with a friend / guildie but they never work nowadays

Tequatl is fine….wurm on the other hand… people just gave up on him

(edited by Aegis.9724)

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

It’s true, they should tone it down. I just returned into the game 2 weeks ago, but never seen it dies since then and it’s not because of i can’t walk or dodge out from stuff or forget to protect turrets, laser, batterys. The event is just not scaling with the player number and if you don’t have a free hour to go there before the event and afk or play with your fingers there is ~95% chance you wont kill it.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

Just because you have an issue doesn’t mean that something “has to change.” I love the challenge of it, and as others have posted, I complete the event regularly with random people on the megaserver. Sometimes we do fail, but that makes victory even better. Before you declare that an entire system (which has surely been tested and checked intensively before release) should change, look to the much more likely problems, such as lack of knowledge of the fight, lack of coordination or teamwork, or lack of leadership. Solve those problems and if you still can’t beat Teq, then come back here.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

Tequatl the Sunless

CptJeff.3809

Thank you for your feedback.

I am going to level with you guys, I have no clue what TTS is and do not really have the time too.. wait my food is burning brb.

Basically the event is overkill and expects people to be all organized,
put stuff like that in instances where you can get a cordinated team and do it but dont boost a dragon from too easy to incredibly hard and let the casual gamers suck it up.

I dont know the statistics but lets just say 40% plays casually should they all never beat the dragon or have the priviliges to meet a cordinated team and let them do all the hard work?

I hope to see the event change if it doesn’t i’ll be part of the 40% and just suck it up.

Sincerly Jeff.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

If you’re not willing to put in the effort to learn the Tequatl event, then you just have to accept that you’re not going to beat it, and not bother to show up. There’s still twenty other world boss/temple events where you can go and win without needing to put much effort in.

Just accept that this particular dragon isn’t for you, resign yourself to not getting that pool of achievement points it offers, and go smack the Shatterer around.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’m glad it’s difficult, having fought teq BEFORE tequatls rising, it was easier than The Shatterer. Yes it does require coordination and communication. But thats what makes it better. If you have having difficulties, look online for strategies, work WITH the commanders, and do your part.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Tequatl the Sunless

CptJeff.3809

Xiahou, why is this particular dragon so hard?

and.. is it cloudy up there? in the castle of care for one self?

What if I told you I was dying? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktWHlSRRbMY

Tequatl the Sunless

CptJeff.3809

pdavis, I will… I will one day beat the dragon!
Some youtube vids will help some wiki-ing!
It will have to wait till the weekend though. :/

Doesn’t change the fact that the dragon has a typo in its health.
I work in IT and I deal with people not being able to do tasks which are simple for me..
Just like in IT an MMO deals with all kinds of people why should only the hardcore gamers get all the loot?

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: SilasLews.6790

SilasLews.6790

I seem to see a new thread like this every few days. The complaints are always the same, and the responses are always the same as well.

Tequatl is supposed to be a challenge. If you cannot be bothered to put in the extra time (and seriously it would only take you about an hour IF that long to read up on strategy and learn the event), then this event is simply not for you. There are other world bosses more suited to your playstyle.

I used to beat Teq all the time, and for your information, I am NOT part of a huge guild or a huge server. Before megaserver I would guest to Jade Quarry. That’s what guesting is for. Since megaserver, there are other options, like joining a TTS map. And if you don’t have the time or the patience to even find out what TTS is, then this event is NOT FOR YOU.

Tequatl is challenging, yes. That is what makes it so rewarding and enjoyable. It is by no means ‘impossible’. It requires a certain amount of effort and time, and if you aren’t willing or able to put that time and effort into the event, then that’s on you, not the event.

So if you truly care enough, you’ll put the effort in. There are tons of good guides out there and plenty of people willing to help you out, if only you take the initiative.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Not this again…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Tequatl the Sunless

CptJeff.3809

“You”, “NOT FOR YOU”
Its not just about me its about the 40%* of which some also posted a similiar post which you have read.

• the 40% is a random number.. I have no clue what the playerbase is like.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

I thought it was impossible too. Always getting there after SB, but Monday I beat it with a random group just after SB.

Of course this time I said to hell with protecting the people on the turrets, I’ll run one of the turrets and make sure its done right. Did that, had the camera set up right so I could see the other two turrets in case I needed to cleanse them, and we took down Teq with about a minute to spare. One of the happiest days I’ve had in GW2 recently. Got 3 achievements out of it too. Of course that was on the Northern turrets which are a lot easier to run than the southern turrets. And I had forgotten to pop my powerful potion of undead slaying.

But Teq is beatable with random people that show up right after SB. Its probably better as other said with showing up much much earlier and getting people who are prepared.

If you learn how to run the turrets, how to position the camera and how to shut off auto targetting, and make sure that everyone knows how to do it then Teq is beatable. It just sucks that the turret operators are so important and if you have crappy ones then you aren’t going to win, when you have a 100 man event that relies on just 6% of the people there to get it right, its so easy to get it wrong.

Luck, especially on the poison bursts can be real bad, and that can really screw up the event. If you aren’t coordinated on TS you can have a situation I had the other day. Three turret operators all see one turret hit by poison, cleanse it, and then a second one comes in and knocks out one of the turrets while cleanse is on cool down.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: SilasLews.6790

SilasLews.6790

“You”, “NOT FOR YOU”
Its not just about me its about the 40%* of which some also posted a similiar post which you have read.

• the 40% is a random number.. I have no clue what the playerbase is like.

And you, like all of the rest of those people, simply need to put the time and effort into it. The event is doable. It’s nowhere near impossible. That percentage of people are the ones who need to step up to the event’s difficulty if they truly care about completing it. It’s not the event that needs changing—it’s the people. Put a little time and research in, and you’ll be able to complete the event as well. But if you refuse to even try doing so, there’s nothing anyone can or should do to help you.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is completely doable in a pug group Jeff. It’s not easy. It is by no means a stand and spam 1 boss, but it can be done. This event does not need dumbing down, it simply takes knowledge and coordination.

Honestly, I hope a few more of the World Bosses get a ‘Tequatl’ like revamp…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

What I dislike about Tequatl, is that it can’t be solo’d.

No matter how perfect you perform your role in the encounter, it won’t matter if enough of the crowd are screw ups.

It’s not hard content (It really isn’t it has one new mechanic the drowning pool teleport, the rest have been seen before, SAB brought in the shock wave jumping, as did MF), it’s just a numbers game, have enough people with a decent build, and a bit of knowledge turned up?

Yes? Congratulations you win.

No? Too bad, there is no way no matter how hard you play, you will win.

Tequatl the Sunless

CptJeff.3809

Thats the thing though Cactus, " enough people with a decent build and abit of knowlegde. "

Its a level 60 area with level 60’s expecting a behemoth like boss and get slaughtered and me just standing there understanding the mechanics but failing to understand how to fire the laser.

luckely I have a friend who can assist me and i’ll get it done and sure, others will too.

But this belongs in an instance not in a map where people expect a behemoth type of boss and get poisened to death.

Perhaps it will never change,
I would love to see some balanced world bosses where you can jump in enjoy the fight and have a victory and for a more challenging fight make a instance?

Sure the bosses can use a boost but like this in a level 60 area?

(edited by CptJeff.3809)

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Since the 15th patch the price of the tequatl mini has actually fallen by about a gold. He is being completed successfully more often now than ever before and it is now at an all time low. Your arguments are invalid. Thanks for playing.

http://www.gw2tp.com/item/47846-mini-tequatl-the-sunless

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Tequatl the Sunless

Cactus Brawler.7415

Exactly, if they wanted something ‘super hard’ (It isn’t but it needs the right people) they should of upgraded the Claw, at least that ones in a level 80 zone.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

God forbid there be content that’s hard enough you cant simply mindlessly zerg it. Teq is easy enough as it is. If you want to beat it, you’d look up tips on how to beat it, and you’d devote the necessary effort to try and coordinate. If you dont want, or refuse, to do either of those, you wont beat teq, simple as that.

Oh, duplicate thread by the way. I doubt the one already dealing with this issue has even left the first or second page.

Tequatl the Sunless

Cactus Brawler.7415

God forbid there be content that’s hard enough you cant simply mindlessly zerg it. Teq is easy enough as it is. If you want to beat it, you’d look up tips on how to beat it, and you’d devote the necessary effort to try and coordinate. If you dont want, or refuse, to do either of those, you wont beat teq, simple as that.

Oh, duplicate thread by the way. I doubt the one already dealing with this issue has even left the first or second page.

Now lets say I do that (I have by the way) that doesn’t mean anyone else on the map I’m randomly placed on, has done it.

And given what servers I play on, even if I was so driven that I would commander up and explain, it might just put me on a map where people don’t speak my language, or even the same language as each other.

Content like this shouldn’t be open world, its its content that relies on other people not screwing up it should be instanced, so that you know people can learn it and do it like the raid its supposed to be ~_~

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

This is completely doable in a pug group Jeff. It’s not easy. It is by no means a stand and spam 1 boss, but it can be done. This event does not need dumbing down, it simply takes knowledge and coordination.

Honestly, I hope a few more of the World Bosses get a ‘Tequatl’ like revamp…

THIS. All of this. At the very least, it’d be cool to see all dragons on-par with Tequatl, because they’re supposed to be the lieutenants of the most kitten threats to Tyria in the history of history. Only Tequatl, and possibly the Claw of Jormag if you stand in the blue ice, feel that way.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Now lets say I do that (I have by the way) that doesn’t mean anyone else on the map I’m randomly placed on, has done it.

And given what servers I play on, even if I was so driven that I would commander up and explain, it might just put me on a map where people don’t speak my language, or even the same language as each other.

Content like this shouldn’t be open world, its its content that relies on other people not screwing up it should be instanced, so that you know people can learn it and do it like the raid its supposed to be ~_~

And the developers have stated that the goal is for players to self-organize and NOT lock away this sort of content behind instances. If you don’t know the encounter and don’t want to look it up, talk about the encounter and try to learn a good place and strategy for your inexperience during the wait for the event to start, and pay attention to the commander’s orders.

Even if you start off getting grouped with people who haven’t taken the time to learn the event… that will change and they will learn. Either from getting frustrated like you and being determined to beat it (Then learning the strategy), or deciding it’s too much effort and going to do something else.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I rarely do teq, maybe once a week if I’m lucky.

I dislike camping for it. You can join a large guild JUST for teq, then stand down and represent your small guild.

Teq is actually quite easy. it just requires people to work together. and you really do need to pay attention to comms, so people aren’t running around like jeadless chickens getting one shotted.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

This event is impossible to beat.
“We do this daily with our guild.” Good for you! want a cookie? – Not everybody has a populated guild, some people prefer the small guild with close friends.

I’m sorry but time has proven that this event is anything BUT impossible. The reason people say that they do this daily is because a lot of people do. It is a world event and requires a lot of people being coordinated to do it. This is a good thing not something that should be removed.

You don’t necessarily have to join TTS to do it, but their schedule isn’t secret. We do Teq everyday at 6:30pm server time. We usually have at least 2 or 3 maps worth that finish it. WP in around 6 (they fill up fast), jump on to Teamspeak, listen for instructions and enjoy the ride. Do that a couple times in each of the different roles (DPS zerg, defense, turret, ERT) and you’ll know the encounter well enough to try to organize a pug group on your own.

Snarky footnote: If you think Teq is hard, for the love of Grenth, don’t even think about trying Triple Trouble.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Just like in IT an MMO deals with all kinds of people why should only the hardcore gamers get all the loot?

Because the fight is not designed for casuals. It’s designed for people that want to organize and coordinate. We enjoy the challenge and the sense of accomplishment from beating it (I’m still riding on the high from our first FA Teq kill this Sunday.) There are twenty other world bosses for casual play.

I never did The Deep, Urgoz Warren, or Mallyx in GW1 because I didn’t feel like coordinating with organized groups to get them done. I also never complained that they should be nerfed for the same reason.

If you really want to beat Teq: learn the fight, get the right gear, buckle down and plug away at it. But to come here and ask for it to be nerfed is just childish.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

succeeds often enough in PUGs. But I know, casual player, cannot be bothered to improve, adjust build, listen to map chat. Anet should just put a vendor into the rebuild LA that hands out everything free to casual players once they figure out a way to check whether you qualify.

yeah, why should “hardcore” players get the loot. A strange notion that being better at something should earn you more rewards, right? Besides, I think “hardcore” players do not really exist in any noteworthy number. It is just a half-derogatory monicker used by bad players for everyone playing better than themselves.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you got a job and all, how can you be bothered to learn skills, take 5 minutes to check builds on the web, whatever. I got a middle-class management job, go to the dojo 3 times a week, 2 times to the gymn. Still, I manage to know more about the game I play CASUALLY – because that does not mean badly – than to rely on hitting “1” and stare in awe for the rest of the fight when it does not work that easily.

Sorry for getting a bit carried away there, but the perpetual demands in this game playing that “casual” card is really straining my nerves.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

well I came close to beating it again on a server with PUGs so it is doable. Came close because we had 3 minutes left, 1% health and my client crashed. No loot for me. So yes waiting on a server for 40 minutes really helps out your party as they run around doing SB, JW, and Golem II. But it doesn’t seem to help you since the game crashes just before you beat it. And I was going to get 2 more of those achievements too. Flawless Defense and fast foot.

Can you tell I’m bitter that the game locks up just at that point? Why yes I am.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Tequatl is definitely doable. However, I do agree that he could perhaps scale a bit better for smaller groups. I wouldn’t want him to be soloable (he IS supposed to be a Dragon Champion, after all), but I don’t see why he couldn’t be taken down with, say, a group of 10 – 20 people who all know what to do. You get some people on turrets (and they do the bulk of the damage to Tequatl. Shooting giant stakes at him sounds more lethal than a horde of players hacking at his toes), some people to defend the turret users, and any leftovers can join the foot group.

The same could apply to the Triple Wurm too.

Tequatl the Sunless

Aidan Savage.2078

Tequatl is definitely doable. However, I do agree that he could perhaps scale a bit better for smaller groups. I wouldn’t want him to be soloable (he IS supposed to be a Dragon Champion, after all), but I don’t see why he couldn’t be taken down with, say, a group of 10 – 20 people who all know what to do. You get some people on turrets (and they do the bulk of the damage to Tequatl. Shooting giant stakes at him sounds more lethal than a horde of players hacking at his toes), some people to defend the turret users, and any leftovers can join the foot group.

The same could apply to the Triple Wurm too.

Because Teq and THW are not kitten-easy world-bosses. They give loot commensurate with their difficulty. Sure THW could give better loot, but Teq gives plenty of good loot, and is an excellent source of karma. If you want a dragon champion that scales better than Teq, go fight shatterer or Claw of Jormag.

Tequatl the Sunless

Zaxares.5419

Scaling does not necessarily mean less difficulty, you know. How is Tequatl at 80 people any different from Tequatl at 20 people if the additional 60 people are all at his feet mashing 1? All that’s different is that Tequatl has ginormously more health and the minions at the batteries are Elites or Champions as opposed to Veterans. A defense group of 5 players killing 3 Elites is really no different to 1 player fighting, say, 2 Veterans and killing them in the same amount of time.

Tequatl at 20 players would still require the same dedicated roles, the same coordination, and the same skill level of players knowing what to do as Tequatl at 80 players. Likewise, for the Wurm, each Wurm basically needs a reflect team, a condi team, and maaaybe a Power team if the reflect team isn’t that good. The rest is just extra meat.

Tequatl the Sunless

Aidan Savage.2078

THW requires a minimum of 71 people, 100 if you want power teams and full reflect teams. This also assumes no one dies, everyone listens to commanders, and the reflect/condi teams are absolute god-like pros. Person #101 and up? Those are the extra meat that make the fight slightly more forgiving. If you attempt THW with less than 71 people, you’re dancing with lunacy, or are merely going after a single decap.

Amber Wurm requires 20 people for it’s “zerg” alone in order to trigger the process for removing it’s invulnerability. 19 or less, Amber is a failure.
Cobalt? Pretty much the same as Amber. 20 people means a median of success, with fewer making it close to impossible and more making it more forgiving.
Crimson? Hard to tell since there’s no numerical count for the phyto extractors, so you’d want at least 20 people there as well.

You cant scale an event to suit less players than the event already requires at minimum. Quite frankly, if you want to run Teq or THW with that few people, go pop a spawn with the guild consumable.

By the way, you do realize that TTS has killed Teq so quickly that they may likely hold the kill speed record with only 5:17 used out of the 15:00 available to kill teq? Considering Teq takes a lot longer to reach the first battery phase, I would not be far off the mark to say Teq died with an average of 30 seconds elapsed between battery phases or death. That’s with ~120 coordinated, properly geared, and regular players specifically aiming to beat the Record. Oh, the previous Record was 5:30 elapsed time by the way, also held by TTS.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

This has been designed for large organised groups that want to tackle a challenging opponent, as is the wurm.

Its not designed for a ‘bunch of friends’

Anet have included easier content that is easier to complete, like dungeons and other bosses. I think the game would be so boring if everything was easy and there was no challenging content.

also I would like to add that you can still see the content but just not complete it. So its not like they deny access.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The real problem is that there’s no reason other than the challenge to bother fighting him. Kind of like fractals. Sadly, this is simply a farming game.

Tequatl the Sunless

Zaxares.5419

@Aidan: Scaling would also mean reducing the minimum number of people needed to fire harpoons at Amber (from 20 to 10 to 5, for example) if there are fewer people around. Same goes for the bombs needed for Cobalt, and the amount of phytotoxins each player plugs into the collectors.

As a member of TTS, I have nothing bad to say about our guild. We were formed to do these mega-bosses, and we do it well. But that doesn’t mean I’m indifferent to the complaints of people who get stuck in overflows with too few people to make the attempt. Scaling would allow these players a better chance to take part, without affecting the experience and challenge of TTS when we gather in large numbers. (This part is half in response to Thobek.) If we enjoy the challenge of fighting a giant boss with a large organised group, then we can do that by showing up to Teq/Wurm with our giant guild. It takes nothing away from our challenge or fun if Teq/Wurm scales down for a map with less people.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

THIS DOESNT need a change, if you were in a weak megaserver with few ppl, then dont wonder why it failed. Tequatl can be defeated in like 8-9 mins. Learn to play and maybe get some friends to help you taxi to a megaserver with alot of ppl.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Most of the time any random megaserver that was formed 30 minutes or more before the event start will succeed the event. You don’t need a special guild or anything.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Please, do not nerf Teq into oblivion. Shatt and Jormag also need a big buff like Teq got. Personally I’d love to see all three of them roam the area the way Megadestroyer does in addition to unique boss mechanics. It’d definitely stop the stack and spam 1 mentality.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

The problem is the turrets. The wrong people will always get it. Or even lure champs to get you off it… Or better yet jump in when you try to heal from poison.

Tequatl the Sunless

Sartharina.3542

THIS DOESNT need a change, if you were in a weak megaserver with few ppl, then dont wonder why it failed. Tequatl can be defeated in like 8-9 mins. Learn to play and maybe get some friends to help you taxi to a megaserver with alot of ppl.

When the event fails simply because of population, it’s a problem, IMO. I’m all for having the event scale better in both directions than it does now. It’s not a nerf to allow smaller groups to defeat Teq and Wurm if the amount of coordination, timing, and knowledge of the event remain the same (And fewer people make it less forgiving, as well). When an event fails, it should be because the players screwed up, not because there weren’t enough of them.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

Before megaserver was like this, main full, overflow….small chance to be full only in weekend, now with megaserver i think you can see 2 full megaservers, if you were in the 3rd, 4th, etc, dont wonder why there are so few ppl there (consider it like a little overflow too). If you want alot of ppl, then i suggest you to join Gw2community TS and ask there for a taxi. Those guys usually do Tequatl and Wurms (the last spawn, night one).
@Sartharina I’ve seen Tequatl failing even with full megaserver, but in the end, you need ppl with brains. Join TS if you want organized parties for Tequatl and if you want 100% success.

Tequatl the Sunless

Zaxares.5419

You need to be FAST on taxis though. Generally when TTS switches servers, if you’re not into the new server within 10 seconds, you can pretty much forget about trying to get in. The map will be hardcapped.

I will agree that Megaservers has made it possible to fill anywhere from two to five (as I’ve seen once for Tequatl) additional maps. That’s extremely welcome. But you’ll still have the stragglers who get left behind, or they queued onto the wrong taxi and by the time they actually get into the party the map is full. I just think that having Teq/Wurm scale so it’s still doable by less players (who know what to do, I feel I have to keep emphasizing this) would be very welcome and eliminate situations where players arrive in the map an hour beforehand, yet still end up missing out on their chance to kill Teq/Wurm.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

It can’t?? o.O

XD

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Tequatl the Sunless

Sartharina.3542

Teq needs to be instanced already. This is straight up annoying.

No, it shouldn’t. There is no need to lock an event behind an instance wall just because it requires a modicum of preparation and coordination (Which can be handled in the pre-event warmup phase).

@Sartharina I’ve seen Tequatl failing even with full megaserver, but in the end, you need ppl with brains. Join TS if you want organized parties for Tequatl and if you want 100% success.

I have no problem with high rates of failure, and my post was entirely against the idea that events should REQUIRE massive numbers of people. Guild Wars 2’s unique scaling system should be used in a way so that a small group of well-coordinated players in a barren shard can take on Teq or Wurm with a chance of victory, while the encounters also scale up so that massive groups barging in on a Teq/Wurm encounter engage in an equal challenge. Failure should be caused by the players that show up screwing up and failing on their own, not because there aren’t enough players in the area. Incompetence is something that can be corrected. Low population isn’t.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It can’t?? o.O

XD

I have fond memories of doing Teq with 1 other person. It took about 20 minutes. I enjoy the changed Teq more.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Teq needs to be instanced already. This is straight up annoying.

It is very possible to do now in complete PUGs, I know this because I do it every day with at least an 80% success rate. Putting it behind a wall of an instance would not change the number that would want to get in and would create a huge number of complaint threads about how it is impossible to get an invite to the instance.

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

All it needs is one person that knows what to do and how to explain and about 60+ ppl that can comprehend and actually do what the one explained.
It is not for the Champ-/Bossfarmtrains players that only know how to press 1 and use the WP to the next Boss after they pressed F for loot.
Still surprised that they manage to actually know how to use a WP.

The only issue some ppl CAN ran into, is when there is too much DPS during the stunphase. Just a very well known bug introduced during the LA LS.

700+ Teq kills and counting. Loot still sucks!

Tequatl the Sunless

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

pdavis, I will… I will one day beat the dragon!
Some youtube vids will help some wiki-ing!
It will have to wait till the weekend though. :/

Doesn’t change the fact that the dragon has a typo in its health.
I work in IT and I deal with people not being able to do tasks which are simple for me..

Because they’re actually bothering to do the event properly and learn how to whereas you aren’t?

Why the hell should you get an equivalent amount of rewards as people that are putting forth more gametime and effort than you? You’re being inconsiderate of the others playing. There’s so many other bosses in the game that you can fight and so many more achievements to obtain. Whether this was instanced or not, you’d still complain as long as it had achievements and rewards.

This is one of the most casual-catering MMORPG’s that’s ever existed, and you are complaining about it being too hardcore. I feel like I’m going to be sick… ugh.