Tequatl time: worse or not?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ketana.9264

Ketana.9264

They have done it again, screwed Europe over with their new Times for World Bosses.

Biggest Loser : Tequatl.

Before: spawn at 19:00 CET (Lot of people online, willing to take him down)
Now: 18:00 CET (Most people getting home from work or eating after their workday)
or 22:00 CET (Way too late for a big event like this. Most people or guilds in Europe are already offline, making Tequatl very hard to defeat)

Since a Tequatl is (one of) the harderst Wold Bosses, it needs to be killed with a lot of coordination between a lot of players. That made Tequatl one of the most interesting bosses to kill. But with the new timeframe, they will reach the opposite of what they intended (in Europe at least). More Tequatls, but less players being able to kill him.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Actually the times are 18:00 and 21:00 for Tequatl, there are multiple errors in the times given in utc. I believe these 2 times will actually be better than before, the first gives a chance for everyone who has to get up early and 21:00 is not so late that it would disturb people who get up at 6.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

here in the uk, teq now spwans at 5pm! …. which is dreadful timing, and at 9pm..Which is normally far too late

they added more spawns but still karka/teq/wurm aren’t at peak times for us. Which is 6pm/7pm/8pm.

Should be better once our clocks go back at least.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

I’m actually glad they added more times for the wurm and teq .. 6pm always clashed with dinner and walking the dog etc.. 5pm now actually gives me time to do it when im at home.. and during the day is just fine… and if needed 9pm before reset.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Surely it is better for me in California. It used to be 7pm for which I need to rush back home before 6.30pm. Now it is 8pm so I can make it much more easily.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I’m on EU and play alot at night. Have done teq many times at 4 am in the morning.
If you have seen to little people in sparkly it’s most likely just because people don’t know the times were changed.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

As a person who does Tequatl almost daily I’d say that it’s going to be the same. In my observation, the map was usually getting filled up with people after Karka Queen – which means that people were already there, and yes, you usually get many people at Karka.

Is it convenient? Maybe, maybe not, depends on personal schedule. But then again, 2 months ago people were crying about the schedule, now other people would probably complain about this one. You can’t please everyone.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Taygus.4571

As a person who does Tequatl almost daily I’d say that it’s going to be the same. In my observation, the map was usually getting filled up with people after Karka Queen – which means that people were already there, and yes, you usually get many people at Karka.

Is it convenient? Maybe, maybe not, depends on personal schedule. But then again, 2 months ago people were crying about the schedule, now other people would probably complain about this one. You can’t please everyone.

They could by making it rotate every 2 weeks.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I wont be able to join you anymore. :<

Its 5pm for me which is when im picking up my brother and then the next one is too late considering the queue time. We will probably do dungeons and fractals instead. Please anet, give us dragonite in fractals so those of us with restricted play times can actually get a decent amount at any time of day. >.>

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Guys! Join Wildstar! it has quality PVE content and the devs arent as kittened as those are here!!! Also there is Housing and Hooverboards and hardcore raids!!!! Also stacking doesnt work there!

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

here in the uk, teq now spwans at 5pm! …. which is dreadful timing, and at 9pm..Which is normally far too late

they added more spawns but still karka/teq/wurm aren’t at peak times for us. Which is 6pm/7pm/8pm.

Just wanted to point out that many people don’t even get home from work til 6pm or later

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

People will never stop complaining

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I wont be able to join you anymore. :<

Its 5pm for me which is when im picking up my brother and then the next one is too late considering the queue time. We will probably do dungeons and fractals instead. Please anet, give us dragonite in fractals so those of us with restricted play times can actually get a decent amount at any time of day. >.>

Nuuuuh, Spoj QQ! I need your pwetty warr around </3

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Taygus.4571

Just wanted to point out that many people don’t even get home from work til 6pm or later

ok, so 7/8/9 would be ok?

The current times of 5 and 9 really aren’t.
__
tbh, I’d be happier if anet rotated the world boss spawns every 2 weeks.
That way it’ll sort off be aff/on for everyone, some weeks better/some worse..rather than always worse for some, and always better for others.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I don’t understand how 9pm can be far too late, at least not for the majority of players. There is no way to accommodate everyone’s schedule. They changed the times after receiving a lot of feedback, especially from Europe. On top of that the hardcore World Bosses spawn six times instead of three. Personally, the developers couldn’t do any better without being under someone’s feet.

Taygus.4571

I don’t understand how 9pm can be far too late, at least not for the majority of players. There is no way to accommodate everyone’s schedule. They changed the times after receiving a lot of feedback, especially from Europe. On top of that the hardcore World Bosses spawn six times instead of three. Personally, the developers couldn’t do any better without being under someone’s feet.

Maybe it’s not too late for you…..

and no they can’t accomadate everyones schedules.

thats why I’m asking for them to rotate the schedules frequently.
This way it won’t be “excellent timing for some, and terrible for others.” It’ll give everyone a chance at it, at different weeks.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

ok, so 7/8/9 would be ok?

The current times of 5 and 9 really aren’t.
__
tbh, I’d be happier if anet rotated the world boss spawns every 2 weeks.
That way it’ll sort off be aff/on for everyone, some weeks better/some worse..rather than always worse for some, and always better for others.

Way too confusing.

Any time they use will be bad for some people and good for others. Rotating won’t solve that and will only make it more complex when it shouldn’t be. Having more spawns like they have now will not spread out the playerbase too much and still gives enough options to do the events.

Right now I think we’re on a pretty solid schedule.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Every schedule will end up with someone being left out, that’s unfortunate as it is. For example, yesterday I did tequatl with an organized group for the first time since the april 15th patch, the time it was before meant that the tequatl fight happened just as I logged into the game, and by then all organized maps were full, so it’s working perfectly for me now, but some people that were doing it before got kittened over by the new change.

Maybe, as a sugestion, make the timing change daily?. For example, if today tequatl happens at 6:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 12:00 am…, make it so tomorrow it’s at 7:00 pm, 9:00 pm, 1:00 am, and back on the following day.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.