Text on new login screen

Text on new login screen

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

Anet — do you think you could make the foreground colors at the bottom on the new login screen (text, icons, etc) that are on the dark background a bit lighter? I am having an awfully difficult time reading them (4K screen — they are so small, and the contrast between the two colors makes it difficult to distinguish them easily for my ever-aging eyesight).

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Text on new login screen

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

sorry but that will not be happen any time soon . and this is why if you look at the link to my post on these topics . https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/no-new-system-specs-Path-of-fire-no-buy/first

honestly I feel for you . as I like to see the game have it too and much more. but sadly to say . me and you and all us people with high end computers potatoes is all out of luck .

best fix I found for this sadly to say but yet it works and can still play all games fully . with a lower end to mid spec range custom built pc .

you really think after 100+ posts on this topic . they would have had forethought . and put these things in the game. but will say even with what I call a low end mid spec pc. ahh the game is still good . just can not get or have it all nice and flashy bleeding 4K . the way we like it

no new system upgrades coming

Text on new login screen

Archranis.2375

To be clear, I’m not asking for 4k support (although I would very much like to have it). The previous login screen was fine for me to read. With the new one, there isn’t enough contrast between the colors.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Tayna.2419

Tayna.2419

I am having the same issue trying to locate the X, and the text is pretty tiny.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not sure why they thought it was necessary to shrink the size of the text when there is still so much empty space.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

They need to bring back the old log in screen. This new one is ugly as heck. I’d put a paper bag over it if i could. Not to mention everything feels hidden behind those hideous colours and just blurs together like camo

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Mareak Humner.5672

Mareak Humner.5672

I am also disliking the new login screen.
One of the biggest factors that attracted me to GW2 was the art – the faded/blurry lines, the area that fades… now the new login screen feels like a power point presentation…. and to be clear, being a PowerPoint Ranger is NOT as fun as a GW2 Ranger…

I would like to see it (the login screen) changed, away from what it is now with the hard lines, to something/somewhat like what it was previously… the fading shades and scattering type feel.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

OP, I’m not near my game machine right now, but I have a 32" 4K display (and old eyes) and don’t have any trouble reading it…maybe I’m not trying to read the same text??

Text on new login screen

Archranis.2375

OP, I’m not near my game machine right now, but I have a 32" 4K display (and old eyes) and don’t have any trouble reading it…maybe I’m not trying to read the same text??

Well, your eyes might just be better than mine. :-) Are you running at full, 3840×2160 resolution?

On my screen, the actual size of the text at the bottom of the window is just slightly larger than 1mm, and at a distance of my eyes to the screen of 24" and the current colors, it’s just too hard to read.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Add your login details to the GW2 shortcut and you’ll never need to see the login screen again.

“<wherever>\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -email myname@myprovider.com -password 12345 -nopatchui

(Don’t do this if other folks use your PC)

Text on new login screen

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I think the title screen and the shadow on the characters faces is a bit too dark for a desert themed expansion.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I think the title screen and the shadow on the characters faces is a bit too dark for a desert themed expansion.

Its not desert themed, its Branded/Kralkatorik themed. Crystal Oasis is just the first map and there will be radically different biomes according to the devs.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Text on new login screen

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

IMO they should just stop making gif backgrounds and start showing some beauty.
this is the elonian background of the original guild wars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8FvrzXMwPo

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^That was the background of Character Select, not the launcher, no?

Text on new login screen

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

^That was the background of Character Select, not the launcher, no?

GW1 had no launcher, the only launcher we had was a download screen and that’s it.

Text on new login screen

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Huh! I was sure there was a (log-in)screen where one put in the account name(email address) and password (and eventually character name).

Oh well, it’s been awhile since I logged in.