Thank You

Thank You

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Padreviejo.6283

Padreviejo.6283

I’ve been playing WoW since 2006. Blizz had cheesed me off a few more times than normal recently, so when the Curse Client had the Guildwars 2 advertisement in it, I clicked on it. Wasn’t real impressed with what I saw on the website at first, but then watched a few reviews on Youtube. Angry Joe’s review convinced me finally to drop the money and go for it.

So now I’ve been playing the game for a few days, done some PVP, and basically I feel like I quit a job at McDonalds and got hired on as a billionaire astronaut male model race car driver. I feel like I was going out with Lindsay Lohan’s personal assistant’s neice’s grandmother, but now I get to date Jessica Gomes. I feel like I was eating spam on store brand crackers with Faygo, and now I get to eat Filet Mignon with Champagne.

Thank you for setting me free. :-)

Thank You

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Lol that’s one helluva comparison…. although, personally, I’d still take the Faygo (don’t like Champagne).

Welcome to GW2 Enjoy the ride.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Thank You

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Rock on, man! Good to hear some positivity in forums (or any game’s forums) for once.

If you need any tips, drop me a line!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Thank You

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Nice to know that there are still people enjoying the game on the forums. Hope you enjoy your experience as much as I have.

Thank You

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, GW2 has really spoiled me. There’s still a few things I miss about WoW, but the combat is so much more streamlined and being able to PvP without losing fights to people that have wildly overpowered gear is simply amazing.

Thank You

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

hallelujah! another wayward lamb found! Come pray with me!

Our Father who art in Guild Wars
hallowed be your might
your fury come
your crits be done
in Arah as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily gold
and forgive us the knight
as we have forgiven the assassin
And lead us not into pugs,
but deliver us from evil clerics.

Amen.

Now my brother go forth. Smite the rabbit, smite the undead, smite thy fellow brother, smite the heathens called invaders, smite them all.
and when thou art done sayeth unto the Lord "Look! Before me, all lay dead! All lay vanquished! Are you not pleased?!?’

And the Lord will look upon the lands and see champions slain.
And the lord will look upon the dungeons and see chests opened.
And the Lord will look upon the mists and see glorious tears.
And the Lord will say " I am pleased."

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Thank You

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

hallelujah! another wayward lamb found! Come pray with me!

Our Father who art in Guild Wars
hallowed be your might
your fury come
your crits be done
in Arah as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily gold
and forgive us the knight
as we have forgiven the assassin
And lead us not into pugs,
but deliver us from evil clerics.

Amen.

Now my brother go forth. Smite the rabbit, smite the undead, smite thy fellow brother, smite the heathens called invaders, smite them all.
and when thou art done sayeth unto the Lord "Look! Before me, all lay dead! All lay vanquished! Are you not pleased?!?’

And the Lord will look upon the lands and see champions slain.
And the lord will look upon the dungeons and see chests opened.
And the Lord will look upon the mists and see glorious tears.
And the Lord will say " I am pleased."

This is beautiful. [/tearsniffle]

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Thank You

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This thread…

…wut?

Thank You

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Welcome to the party

I’ve been playing since the 2nd beta weekend and knew within the first couple hours this game was going to be something special.

Thank You

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

That’s pretty close to how I felt playing in the Beta Weekend Events and for about two months after launch.

Although I’d never had the WoW spam and crackers.

Thank You

Posted by: Padreviejo.6283

Padreviejo.6283

Now I’ve played it a few more hours, and it is SO MUCH BETTER that WoW. I thought I would miss my 11 lvl 90 toons, my Master of All Cheev, my “of the Horde” title, my mounts, and the massive pile of gold I had amassed … but I am going to log in one last time and give all that crap away in trade chat, and strongly encourage the member of my 1000 member PVP guild to come over here. This game’s PVP is OFF THE HOOK! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Thank You

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Haha love this

I did the exact same thing but I went from WoW to Rift (yes paying subs for it…grrr) and then finally found GW2. Each migration I gave all my gold/platinum away and encouraged everyone in my guild to join me.

Sorry, but no one’s getting my gold anytime soon in GW2.

and I don’t even want to know what Faygo is…

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~