Thank You Arena Net

Thank You Arena Net

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adimar.4580

Adimar.4580

There’s quite a bit of hate going around the community towards this game from what I can tell. I just wanted to take a small moment of time to thank Arena Net for making this game. For a lot of people, myself included it’s more than a game. It isn’t perfect and I don’t expect it to be. Keep up the updates

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

It is funny when all these “Thank you” posts comes from people that have spent zero dollars in game and requesting more updates.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I want to add my thanks too. Sometimes I know I talk a bit down because I’m at a loss for something to do or I feel the RNG hates me (we’ve all been there except for a select few lucky peeps), but I always find another area that keeps me interested and excited. With almost 2,000 hours in, I still love this game. Things like April fools bobble head stuff is what sets this game apart! The graphics are so amazing, the playstyle is fun. I can’t wait for the new QoL updates.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Thank You Arena Net

Adimar.4580

I’ve spent more than I care to admit

Thank You Arena Net

ozmaniandevil.6805

Me too Adimar… me too. Hundreds at least for me, and I didn’t even buy a legendary :p

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

It is funny when all these “Thank you” posts comes from people that have spent zero dollars in game and requesting more updates.

So now only people who have spent money on gems are supposed to get updates?

But I have to agree with the OP that GW2 ain’t that bad at all, especially when you try another MMO for a couple days you might just start to appreciate GW2 a bit more

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Forums are always negative and WoW have been the most hated MMO in the industry eventhough it is the most sucessful. Simply people always complain when there is an issue and never bother to post while playin’, when the issue got solved.

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Thank you so much! I love the updates. I will start spending more in the Gem Store due to this as a thank you

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It makes sense does it not?

We haven’t spent a dollar more than the cost of the game and have gotten everything we’ve needed without any need to P2w or any of that crap. And as it should be— the gem store should be extra fluff.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

So far, haven’t found an MMO out there that I enjoy more than GW2. Aion, WoW, Wildstar (played the beta a couple of weeks ago), ESO (also played the beta), Tera, Rift – I tried taking a break from GW2 and tried all of these, and none of them has caught my interest. Keep going back to GW2.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

we’ve all been there except for a select few lucky

Speak for yourself, I flat out refuse to gamble in this game. Though I’m content with the fact that I’ll never get some items due to that.

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

Speak for yourself, I flat out refuse to gamble in this game. Though I’m content with the fact that I’ll never get some items due to that.

Likewise, oh, I’ll toss in the occasional stack of hardware into the Mystic Forge, you never know but that’s all that I gamble with, its not like its real money

I loved GW 1 and I love GW 2, if there’s an expansion I’ll be sure to buy it and in the meantime I’ll do what I always have, play a while and then play something else, when you come back there’s usually something new around.

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Man, Z, you have absolutely no idea how much people spend … or do you?

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Lightlord.4752

Lightlord.4752

Im going to say “Thank You Anet” as well and I support the game with rl $. My avg is more than I would spend in a sub based game. However that’s a choice to spend and not an obligation.

I will also agree with Anets original market analysis on p2p and f2p. I feel they went in the right direction with realistic expectations.

Overall I feel they get more right that they get wrong. Ive been gaming a very long time. Actually longer than a significant numbers of the players have been alive. I was online gaming before there were pretty pictures or graphics. The only choices for color was if you text was from using an amber or green monochrome monitor. Before the internet was called the internet. Yes that means Im old as dirt

This is what I have learned. People play for different reasons and there intensity of play fluctuates based on different cycles in there life. There maybe points in your life you have enough free time to play allot, other times not at all. Health, Environment, Social, work, geography are all factors.

People shouldnt be so quick to judge and look at things beyond their personal relativity. I often see rants about the game and the players and the lack of skill etc etc.
Now anytime you get too close/ emotionally attached to a game and the end result is constant rage and disappointment. If this is constantly directed at the game or the players. Take a step back and honestly ask yourself why?

At different points and cycles in our lives, somethings have higher priorities. Or they should.

Hmm… do I try to squeeze in 40 hrs of play this week? Or should I place a higher priority on my newborn child, wife and that new job I have?

Hmm… now that I have a larger family, should I spend that extra $20 bucks on baby formula or get that new armor skin at gemstore.

hmm… now that all my children are grown up and have jobs and can leave the house..and since I got my wife to enjoy online games. I can drop $200 bucks in the gemstore because years ago i didnt use my last $20 on an armor skin I didnt need and was able to get my kid some baby formula versus ending up divorced :P

Just remember its a game. The goal of the game is to provide enjoyable entertainment. Games come and go. If you reach a point in any game where you are distraught, unhappy, depressed, outraged and this doesnt end with a goodnights sleep. Perhaps it time to move on or adjust your priorities.

Before you call people noobs in the game? Are just trying to over-compensate because your a noob in life?

Thank You Arena Net

ozmaniandevil.6805

Speak for myself that RNG sucks? OK. Done. I never said anything about gambling BTW. RNG affects drops too no?

Thank You Arena Net

Adimar.4580

this thread is awesome, I too have tried a number of other mmos after starting guild wars and find myself continually pulled back into here simply because it is an amazingly put together game in my opinion. It may not be perfect but the team is dedicated and I for one have enjoyed a good percent of the updates, and even the ones I hated there are still aspects I enjoy

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Speak for myself that RNG sucks? OK. Done. I never said anything about gambling BTW. RNG affects drops too no?

Fair enough. Although drops are pretty much a given, I assumed you were referring to all the other RNG in the game.

(edited by Kasei.8726)

Thank You Arena Net

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Before I discovered GW2, I played a so called ‘free to play’ browser game. I would love to link it for some people just to see how bad pay to win and RNG can be. I can’t believe now that I put up with it for so long and actually thought I was having fun GW2 is like a breath of fresh air and I hope I can play it for many years to come.

Lightlord, I too remember games before the flashy graphics. Zork anyone?