Thank You ArenaNet

Thank You ArenaNet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thala.2801

Thala.2801

I’ve been two timing my MMOs lately. That’s right, I’ve been playing FFXIV alongside GW2. The GW2 community is pretty quick to pounce on ArenaNet when they make mistakes, and there have certainly been a number of notable mistakes recently. But in playing FFXIV, I am constantly reminded of all the things that ArenaNet did so amazingly well with GW2. And with FFXIV in 24 hour maintenance right now, I feel like it is a very appropriate time to highlight some of those things.

And I will quite gladly start with that one. Thank you ArenaNet for having the best kitten servers in the MMO market. Thank you for designing your servers to have no downtime for maintenance. Thank you for having tons of cross server functionality so I can play with my friends regardless of what server they’re on. Thank you for designing Megaservers as a fantastic means of dealing with zone population highs and lows.

Thank you ArenaNet for horizontal progression. Thank you for making the Ascended gear I worked so hard to get always be relevant. Thank you for a fantastically designed Wardrobe system that allows me to continue with long terms goals even after I have top tier gear.

Thank you ArenaNet for the Living Story. Thank you for designing your new storylines in pleasantly consumable two week chunks. Thank you for all the subtle things that happen throughout Tyria in between them. Thank you for your continued dedication to the vast lore of the Guild Wars universe. Thank you for having the balls to destroy the game’s central hub.

Thank you for streamlined questing and dynamic events. Thank you for seamless level sync and percentage based exp. Thank you for interesting build variety and all of the options to make that possible. Thank you for the best player market interface I’ve ever seen in an MMO. Thank you for allowing your real money store to utilize in game currency. Thank you for allowing players to craft from their bank. Thank you for a solid travel system. Thank you for voicing most of your game. Thank you for achievement rewards. Thank you for letting me multitask UI windows. Thank you for rewarding exploration. Thank you for your low commitment subscription free model.

Thank you for continuing to do what you do.

Thank you ArenaNet.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

This – “Thank you for interesting build variety” – made me laugh. ;P

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Build variety is there. Notice that no build is top-tier in all modes, and all professions do have multiple meta builds in all areas right now (save Necromancer for PvE). Granted, for most professions “multiple” means “two.”

More importantly, all of these builds play quite differently from one another.

To the OP: Full agreement. /sign.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I agree with most of the OP so I will /sign.

Most of the time people only complain on the forums so its good to also have a positive thread once in a while. Those who don’t want to say Thank You, why don’t you just not /sign instead of trying to bring the thread down? Make or /sign a separate complaint thread.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Build variety is there. Notice that no build is top-tier in all modes, and all professions do have multiple meta builds in all areas right now (save Necromancer for PvE). Granted, for most professions “multiple” means “two.”

Good you corrected yourself – "Granted, for most professions “multiple” means “two.”"

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Thala.2801

Thala.2801

That was probably one of the more direct points in my post. Builds in FFXIV are some of the most boring I’ve ever seen. Gear is horrendously uninteresting, and there is exceptionally little that makes two of any given class stand out from one another. Between weapons, slot skills, traits, runes, sigils, and gear sets, I am plenty happy with the variety that GW2 has to offer.

Well said

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Good you corrected yourself – "Granted, for most professions “multiple” means “two.”"

Clarification, not correction. Two is indeed multiple.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: ZapAtron.3529

ZapAtron.3529

Thank you ArenaNet for the one of the best combat systems i have ever played in a mmo.
Come on guys lets make this a positive thread and post one thing you love about GuildWars2 and want to thank ArenaNet for it

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

I agree, thank you for creating a thank you post. /sign

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Despite the flaws Guild Wars 2 has, this game got me extremely hooked in a way that no MMORPG ever could. /sign

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

HAHAHAAAHAH…build variety, boy OP need to play more MMOs.
GW2 is the worst when it comes to this. Your build is dictated by your weapon which is pretty lame. Now if you really really want a lot of builds, check out GW1, you have thousands to choose from.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Thanks for being unique. /sign

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Thank you for the best combat system in a MMO. Thank you for the amazing skill effects and particles,thank you for the awesome weapon skins such as Chaos skins,thank you for the amazing experience in a MMO,such as not having to fight over loot or wait for a boss to spawn just to get KS’d by some high level,thank you for the free trait reset everytime and everywhere,thank you for the variety we have in armors and character customization that varies from a simple headband to a cute frog hat!

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

GW2 indeed has the best server structure.

Can add (by account), talk and play with friends on other servers (FFXIV or Archage you can only add by character name on same server)

No downtime update, maintenance

Overflow system (no queue FTW)

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Thank you ArenaNet for the one of the best combat systems i have ever played in a mmo.
Come on guys lets make this a positive thread and post one thing you love about GuildWars2 and want to thank ArenaNet for it

If you mean stack in one spot and press 1 in glass cannon, err.. I mean… berzerker gear.

Other wise good post OP!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I will add on this too

Thank you Anet for not been PayToWin or PayToPlay
Thank you for amazing skill based combat we have in game (noobs who plays warrior and think that game is not skill based…i wont argue)
Thanks you for Living Story,season 1 was not something but marrionete was epic…i wish i can play it again,season 2 is awesome
Thank you awesome animations we have in game,GW2 have best movement animations i ever saw in any MMO
Thank you for open raid events and for game trying to be unique
I know game have problems with end game and stuff…but still this game have greatest potential then any other MMO out there.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

If you mean stack in one spot and press 1 in glass cannon, err.. I mean… berzerker gear.

Other wise good post OP!

Try to press 1 on PVP against players and tell me how it works =)

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Other wise good post OP!

LOL! Ok you stay in one spot to kill a dragon maybe if you do that in any other mode you die fast. WvW/PvP you stand in one spot you get rolled. ALL other MMO you stand and press 1-9 GW2 is one of a few that combat actually feels like combat and not stay here press 1-9 GW2 combat is best combat out atm imho.

Necromancer Main

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yeah I play pvp I know darn well standing still is death, but tell people to actually play the game to its fullest— battle mechanics-wise in pve? Good luck! If you want to form a “proper” way to play guild I’ll join it.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Yeah I play pvp I know darn well standing still is death, but tell people to actually play the game to its fullest— battle mechanics-wise in pve? Good luck! If you want to form a “proper” way to play guild I’ll join it.

I will agree sometimes in PvE the tactic is huddle up and spam 1 but thats because players feel that is best tactic not because we are forced to play that way. Heck I’m sure dev don’t want us playing that way anyway their was a thread on The Shatterer that a way was trying to find ways to break up the mindless huddle in one spot and spam one tactic.

Necromancer Main

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Vadar.3254

Vadar.3254

Thanks for the amazing character animations.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Glad that some people can still see the good in a game rolling in a sea of pessimism and general jerk-kittenery.

It has a really solid foundation. That being said, the content patch for ARR is [Redacted], and I’m pretty sure people here would wait 24 hours for a similar enhancement.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Moderator)

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

They really have created something fresh and special with this game. Taught me to love MMOs all over again.

Thanks for all the hard work

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

They really have created something fresh and special with this game. Taught me to love MMOs all over again.

Thanks for all the hard work

Agree ^

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Don’t really agree with the build diversity comment and I know that the Megaserver system has negatively impacted aspects of the game pretty significantly, but otherwise agreed.

Thank You ArenaNet

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I mean this with utter sincerity: Thanks for making this year’s Halloween so much better than it was last year. Bags are fun, full of mats and there are actual obtainable festival items around. The outfit for in-game currency is a huge step in the right direction, and the labyrinth doesn’t feel like scrounging for pocket change anymore. Also, I adore Zuzu.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?