Thank You ArenaNet - Happy Anniversary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Just got it, thanks ANET.
One quibble it did not show which backpack I unlocked last year. I know what it was but my memory is usually bad and next year I may not remember the first one. It is good to have the free skin if you want the same as previously but would be nice to be marked as well.

You can tell if the skin is unlocked or not when u right click the item. If the skin is unlocked, it’s lit up like rest of the text, if not unlocked, the (unlock skin text) it’s greyed out.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

. I’m also happy to see people get a chance to to check out the VIP areas for ‘free’.

I insta deleted it, I do not appreciate them trying to coax me into buying something and calling it a birthday present…

Amazing 5th birthday rewards, thank you for everything you do, you guys are 2nd to none.

Interesting observation. You accuse Anet coaxing you to buy something by giving you a free gift? Even if you’re right, at least Anet is not like Blizzard forcing you to rent their game at $15/month for as long as u want to play it, but you’re ok with that? Yet you find it offensive that Anet may be trying to entice people to voluntarily spend some money on their game? A company that gives you tons of free content, tons of conveniences all for free and is completely reliant on goodwill of their customers to support it? Truly amazing.

So yes, Anet is 2nd to none, as they do not display the kind of greed some of those companies like Blizzard do.

They are 2nd to Blizzard.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

. I’m also happy to see people get a chance to to check out the VIP areas for ‘free’.

I insta deleted it, I do not appreciate them trying to coax me into buying something and calling it a birthday present…

Amazing 5th birthday rewards, thank you for everything you do, you guys are 2nd to none.

They are 2nd to Blizzard.

Just out of curiosity do you also delete any Black Lion Keys and chests that drop and refuse to get any of the gem store items that are put up for free?

Because it’s the exact same idea there.

Alternatively you could have used your free gift, safe in the knowledge that the marketing strategy will not work on you and therefore you lose nothing by taking advantage of the offer.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I’m thrilled! Thank you, ANet, nice gift options.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

SHINIES!!!

Thank you, thank you Anet these wonderful, beautiful and marvelous 5th year birthday gifts!

Happy Anniversary Anet!

Ok, happy anniversary to us too

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

Me and mine are definatly liking this years gifts…..Great work ANET

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m going to add my Thank You to the list. I’ve only been on long enough to accept my gift from my mailbox, but I look forward to getting my skins and my new dye….

…just as soon as I figure out which ones I want.

Choices, choices.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.