Thank you

Thank you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I just wanted to thank Anet for a quality of life addition that has been quite pleasing since launch. That is the effectiveness when it comes to launching and getting into the game.
You log in once with the launcher, click play, and two-three seconds later you’re directly in the character screen. No uneeded filler scenes inbetween like NCsoft logo etc with additional loading screen like certain other mmorpgs have. It feels “pure”. Good job!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Thank you

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

No uneeded filler scenes inbetween like NCsoft logo etc with additional loading screen like certain other mmorpgs have. It feels “pure”. Good job!

Never thought about that until now! Amazing the number of little details about Guild Wars 2 that we either take for granted or never notice, but we still benefit from!

Yes, thank you ArenaNet for this!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Thank you

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for the positive note.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Thank you

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Yes, it’s a small detail that I never noticed until now, either. Thanks for pointing it out. That is a nice little touch.

Thank you

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve noticed it for years. Getting in game is so lovely and fast. In my other MMOs my attention span lapses just waiting for log in, to the point I get caught up in a solitaire game or a forum thread and then it’s even longer before I actually see the game world. That plus the very quick patch load times and lack of weekly downtimes makes it become something taken for granted that we can play the moment we feel like it.

It does deserve a shout-out, though, so thanks for posting the thanks, OP!

Thank you

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

As a side note, I’ve found that previously I would auto-enter the game as soon as I hit the gw2 icon, with auto-log-in enabled. Now, however I actually need to hit “play” to enter the game. Was this a change I missed at some point?

Thank you

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As a side note, I’ve found that previously I would auto-enter the game as soon as I hit the gw2 icon, with auto-log-in enabled. Now, however I actually need to hit “play” to enter the game. Was this a change I missed at some point?

Do you have “Auto-Play” checked on the patcher? If it’s not checked, it won’t auto-play.