Thank you Anet

Thank you Anet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the things that are being worked on and sorted out after we use the report bug feature both in game and also on the forums.

I just started doing my 4th char through the Fields of Ruin map and after completing world complete to 100% for 3 chars already this map would really annoy me at the Hautclair vale heart due to there being very few mobs to kill or things to collect for it. I reported this a couple of months ago for the first time I think on my second char and then a few weeks back on my 3rd char. Now finally I see it fixed. I am not being sarcastic either, I know things take time especially when you must get as many bug reports as you do, I know for example that I have sent in a ton myself.

So once again thank you, if only for this one simple example so far, keep up the good work!

Anyone else have things to thank them for that have been fixed due to reports you have sent in? If so feel free to use this opportunity/thread to also post a thank you. I feel this forum could use a positive post once in a while.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Yes, thanks Anet for your continued bug fixes. I remember when you fixed the clipping issues on daggers for human T3 armor and that was a huge relief, brought on feelings rivaling finishing the clock tower even.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Skykiller.3160

Skykiller.3160

I recently went through the Fields of Ruin and the following zone that has the name I cannot remember. I first went through these zones a few weeks after launch and almost all of the content in them was broken. Going through them now is amazingly smooth and bug free and now remember how easy it is to forget how much work ArenaNet has put into this game. I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone on the ArenaNet team and say that I am looking forward to whatever content is on its way!

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Yep, thanks alot Anet for the awesome game

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Although I agree with the OPs comments, grats to Anet.

I do wonder why this thread has been allowed to stay open when the T&Cs state that the words Anet/Devs/Moderators cannot be used in the title for any topic?
Surely (according to the rules) this thread should have been closed ???

0.o

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Thank you Anet

Paulytnz.7619

Although I agree with the OPs comments, grats to Anet.

I do wonder why this thread has been allowed to stay open when the T&Cs state that the words Anet/Devs/Moderators cannot be used in the title for any topic?
Surely (according to the rules) this thread should have been closed ???

0.o

Hmmm I thought I read that part of the T&C as being using it in a way to call them out or force a reply from them. If it is as you say my bad but that certainly was not my intention.

Thank you Anet

Phantax.1369

No mate, I know you were not doing it in that way. Was just hoping for a clarification on it. You’re right tho, ‘Calling out’ as you put it is probably closer to what I meant.
Guess they’re happy to ignore it when its a compliment eh…lol

;)

Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Thank you Anet

Paulytnz.7619

Not so sure, I’m pretty sure most of them are only just waking up now so I guess we will see lol.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

This is the case for threads where users use staff/ developer call-outs as a tool to gather attention and try to get their issues solved faster – e.g. “Fix this, ArenaNet!”
So it’s actually not a problem here.

Greetings

(edited by CC Meinke.2749)

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Thanks Arenanet. Thanks for such an awesome combat system. Thanks for Dynamic Events. Thanks for WvW. Thanks for a rich and beautiful world. Thanks for the humour and the stories. Thanks for the commitment to add new content. Thanks for the fun gameplay.

Thanks for Guild Wars 2.

+1 x infinity.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

Thanks for the beautiful landscapes. I have hundreds of screenshots that I post on my Facebook showing my friends what a beautiful work of art your game really is. Thank you for the thought put into the dialogue (not only the quest dialogues) but also the conversations between NPC’s that largely go unnoticed by many players. I often like to stop what I’m doing and listen to what’s being said. Some of it has been rather eye opening as to the complex relationships that exist between the races on this game (from a lore perspective).

But mostly thank you for listening to your customers when it comes to bugs and other issues and actually doing something about it. WoW had terrible customer service during Wrath of the Lich King due to the lead developer Greg Street telling the community that he would do as he pleased and make the game the way he saw fit, despite the feedback from the community.
You’ve not behaved this way. You’ve listened to us on some issues (explained why certain things couldn’t be done, rather than ignoring us like Ghsotcrawler did ) and for that I am grateful that such a big company actually cares about the concerns of it’s customers.

Being a fantasy role-playing game many people come here to escape the harsh realities of life and pretend for a while that what they do in the world actually means something to those in power and they are respected for it. The Personal Stories really bear this out and cause people to have a sense of being respected, whereas in real life respect (even when worked hard for) is almost never given.
Thanks again for allowing us players to escape our humdrum existence and for a little while be the people we wanted to be when we were children (before the harsh reality of the real world set in) and actually feel for a time that what we do makes a difference to others and the world at large.

I salute you.

(edited by Cathbadb.6079)

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Whoah…. It’s actually pretty awesome for Anet to communicate with the people personally (On a forum-level anyways). Once again, thanks

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Thank you Anet

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Thanks for fixing the /wiki command. It was directing to wiki.guildwars.com in the first BWE, so I reported it, and it was fixed in the second BWE. I know it was simply adding a “2” somewhere, but it made a big difference.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Thank you Anet

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

What is a problem is the drop rate and the very large thread associated with it that absolutely no one has acknowledged, keep ignoring it though

It got stickied while they figure out what is happening and how best to proceed. I would hardly call that not acknowledged. What more do you want?

Lol, the “percieved” thread is not an acknowledgement, they were simply tired of all of the threads being created about it. There has been no actual response.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Thanks for everything. <3

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Love the game , wish my friends would stop playing lol so much :p Hopefully the pvp updates will help. It just wasn’t any fun to not be able to join as a group

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

Thanks ANet/GW2 – i’m really excited on the changes to come and feels like they are coming for me just in the right time.
it’s great that you’ve listened (and monitored) this community and learnd from the past.
and if you can’t hear it enough:
Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!

Thank you Anet

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This is the case for threads where users use staff/ developer call-outs as a tool to gather attention and try to get their issues solved faster – e.g. “Fix this, ArenaNet!”

Greetings

I call bologne on that, sir/maddem. Ive had a thread to open a discussion with the players, something along the lines of “Is arenanet up to the challenge?” . This thread title was quickly changed to something that iddnt use arenanet. So, somethings fishy here :p maybe not all of your mods are on the same page, or some need to be retrained? But theres definately a certain amount of human-judgement when it comes to modding threads, removing threads, moving threads, etc. Its not as black and white as you almost state.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

Greetings

In other words, if you are pointing one of the many problems the game has, your topic will be deleted. If you say everything is awesome, it is allowed. If you point something that Anet/NC$oft doesnt want people to notice (like this post), it is deleted and infracted and flagged as a “conspiracy post”.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Greetings

Greetings. Contrary to popular belief, there are many of us loving and enjoying the game, and looking forward to the content being developed and now teased a bit.

For me, at least, this game has paid for itself many, many times over.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Thank you Anet

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Greetings

Greetings. Contrary to popular belief, there are many of us loving and enjoying the game, and looking forward to the content being developed and now teased a bit.

For me, at least, this game has paid for itself many, many times over.

I dont think enjoyment is the topic in the CC mods post. And I even think that most people that have some negative things to say about the came, aside from “I QUIT” posts, still enjoy the game a lot. I come on here, and from time to time am a harsh critic. I still enjoy the game.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

I agree. Thanks for all your hard work!!!

I moan and whine just as much as the next guy, but just because I want to see this gem polished!

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

And one more big sloppy thanks for one of the best, and getting better every day games, ever made.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Wheezy.2846

Wheezy.2846

Like everyone else is saying, thanks! Love the game, and can’t wait for more of these updates to trickle into the game over the next several months.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

Thank you Arenanet for being adamant about your stance on cheating/exploiting (ie: banning the accounts of those who’ve gone out of their way to profit from exploits). It keeps the game’s economy in check and continues to reward those who play the game for fun and put forth the effort to gain resources as intended.

There’s always going to be strategies for profiting within the game’s economy, but I’m glad you’re addressing the blatant abuses of that system.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Thank you Anet

Phantax.1369

nice to see how many players noticed a lack of consitency In the implementation of what is correct/incorrect !

:)

Thank you Anet

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Thank you Arena.net. I was your biggest fan in GW1, even though I didn’t agree with all decisions made. I didn’t agree with nerfing farming with loot scaling, diminishing returns and removing hill giants. I didn’t agree with 3-hero parties. I most certainly did not agree with hard mode in the state it was at the time of its release.
That being said, most of those changes eventually became better. 7-heroes were implemented, gold became easier to get through other means and I personally became better at playing hard mode, even before the 7 hero patch. Arena.net isn’t perfect but I found they listen to the players.

In GW2 I don’t agree with all decisions either. I can be vocal about these, but they won’t make me less of a fan since a.net communicates with its player base. Sometimes trust is lost, sometimes it’s gained. Because of that I can thank Arena.net for creating a wonderful game, despite its flaws.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Thank you Anet

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

Good job Anet, absolutely nothing wrong with this game, no sir. The drop rate is just fine and the people that are trying to gather materials for 3-5 hours at a time with no drops are just acting entitled. Also the magic find works wonderfully, I love when I put on MF gear it helps keep my bags neat and tidy by lowering the amount of stuff that is dropped. All in all, I wouldn’t change a thing, especially when I fight veteran and champion mobs, they help me kill time without adding stuff to my bags which would overburden me, thanks!

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Thank you Anet!

This is the most wonderful MMO game me and my friends ever played. The game is able to satisfy more hardcore tasted friend to very casual friend of mine and we are all able to gain our cha to max level! (Seriously, even the most casual friend, only able to play very little reach lv80 finally and still enjoying the game)

Please keep up the good works!

Thanks

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I would alos like to thank anet because:
-No monthly fee,
-casual friendly, quite fast lvling andi can get almost all exotic when i come to 80 lvl and than farm skins and other things,
-open world (dinamic) events so i can jump in or out whenever i want without compromising party (like dungeon runs), so am looking forward to improve that as was mentioned. Same with WvW,
-3 way wvw (would be interesting to have even more :p, like 5),
-everyone gets rewarded if participate (no killsteal ….), tho support players who dont do so much dmg could have some more love.
-oh yea and last but not least, the combat with dodging and moving, no trinity and all, cant return anymore and play as it is in other mmos after i tried this.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

Thank you Anet

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

Because of that I can thank Arena.net for creating a wonderful game, despite its flaws.

Yup, many flaws. I appreciate the game they’ve released and only hope that their 1st quarter 2013 updates live up to the promise of strengthening existing content and fixing bugs/issues.

Good job Anet, absolutely nothing wrong with this game, no sir. The drop rate is just fine and the people that are trying to gather materials for 3-5 hours at a time with no drops are just acting entitled. Also the magic find works wonderfully, I love when I put on MF gear it helps keep my bags neat and tidy by lowering the amount of stuff that is dropped. All in all, I wouldn’t change a thing, especially when I fight veteran and champion mobs, they help me kill time without adding stuff to my bags which would overburden me, thanks!

Dripping with sarcasm, but yeah, I agree. Horrid drop rates, champ/vet mobs that give nothing special, and magic find issues with tiers vs. MF percent. I only hope they’ll fix all of these because the game is great otherwise.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Sure the game has a issues, a couple glaring ones, but over all I adore it. Definite “thank you” from me to the devs/etc. It’s fantastic. Keep doing what you’re doing.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

I have never taken so many screenshot in all the MMO’s I played combined as I have taken from Guild Wars2. Beautiful game that makes one come back every day to play.

Thank you Anet

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i’ll save my thank you’s for the time when i see tpvp moving in an acceptable direction. but for now, im excited for new open world and WvW stuff.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Thank you Anet

Posted by: Mordule Standish.2371

Mordule Standish.2371

I have gotten my money’s worth several times over. I also would like to thank you. To paraphrase a certain politician, some people feel they are entitled. This forum is full of such thoughts. Though I agree there have been and still are some problems, I will not nor will I ever whine and complain here. I will say something constructive or nothing at all.

There was a dev from a much beloved game that had an often maligned ending that said “We give them a free hat and they complain about the color.” That sums up most of what I read in these forums. Thank you OP for starting a positive thread. We don’t have to be cheerleaders or fan boys to say something nice.

Prepare to don the behind hat – Zojja