Thank you Anet!

Thank you Anet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I know many of us like to moan and complain about stuff at times, but I think it’s safe to say that we genuinely appreciate your efforts and the amazing game you have created.

Thanks for the awesome 4 years of online entertainment and keep up the great work!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Indeed. GW2 is the first MMO I’ve loved. I’ve played other games and enjoyed them, but I really love GW2 (and GW1). So, thank you for the years of fun, Anet.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Sansar.6483

Sansar.6483

Playing this game since day 1. I still love the GW2 atmosphere. Thanks ANET for the best MMO i’ve played the last 15 years. Here is my MMO top 3.

1) GW2
2) EQ1
3) WoW Classic

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Thank you Anet! This world that you brought us has touched so many people and brought so many good memories. There is no other game like it. I appreciate all the hard work that everyone has put into it. Now, with that said . . . . . . time to get back to some gw2!

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Thank you Anet for making a game that encourages people to work together (in PvE) instead of against each other: multi-tag mobs, personal loot drops, shared gathering nodes, etc…

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Ive been around here since start. This game had its ups and downs like every other.
Ill be honest – Colin wasn’t good enough leader imo. Mo did everything as it should have been. Actually, he allowed us a lot more than Colin did, which is the best for both parties.

As person who prefers PvP more than PvE Im kinda disappointed. We didn’t get much maps here, and WvW is too giant map for me to roam, not to mention that everyone zergs which is not fun at all. Only WvW being too giant renders 1/3 of game useless to me.

I would like to see at least 5 more new PvP maps. Mo did right thing to make PvP queuing outside of mists possible, but they miss icon which will indicate that matchmaking is in process. Again, we need 5-10 more maps if this game is to be more cool in PvP.

Also, the DUEL button made me quit GW2 few times. All of my local friends quit because they could not duel with PvE gear nor PvP had much maps to offer. I was alone that remained and now in European guild. Please see to it that DUEL button sees the light of a day.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Despite all the issues and bad choices, your success rate at creating an enjoyable product is much appreciated. Keep at it, and get better! Thanks!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Grimlord.4976

Grimlord.4976

Only been here 3 months but have loved every minute of it and i look forward to all future adventures in-game. Thank you for all the fun and excitement this has brought my quiet little life.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ll add my thanks too.. I’ve played many, MANY MMOs. This is by far the one that best suits my play style.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Echo what others have said. Been here since original beta weekends and still get excited with the game. Many thanks.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I met fantastic people in Guild Wars 2 and in this great Forum. I met with critiques and with understanding from Players.

I didn’t play Guild Wars 2 since came out but these 2,5 years I play was great.

And the twitch’s streams are the most memorable. I felt like in the big Family. Everything was the best with the best host- mrs Rubi. I really love the music and I would say big THANKS for Maclaine Diemer and Lena Chappelle who left Guild Wars 2 few days ago. This Game has great designers and the coming back to Guild Wars 2 and seeing a lot of fantastic screens is just beautiful.

I am so emotional.

Thank You that You made the best Game ever.

Thank You that I am part of the best Community.

I have tears in my eyes. Sorry.

See You all in Guild Wars 2! Thank You for Your attention.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thank you so very much for such warm and wonderful comments.

Have you seen the 4th Anniversary Video? I love what our team has to say!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Thank you Anet!

Arden.7480

This video is great! I can’t imagine how much work You brought to Guild Wars 2.
Thank You Gaile for Your involvement and for everything You did in this Forum.
You are adorable.

(edited by Arden.7480)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree. I’ve been playing since the GW1 days (just before Factions came out) and I love both games.

At first it was just the business model that drew me in, the idea of an MMO without subscription fees was very appealing. But I quickly fell in love with the game itself too.

When GW2 came out I fully intended to keep playing both about equally (I’ve never been the type of person to only play 1 game at a time anyway) but honestly I’ve found this game far more enjoyable and appealing and I find myself spending more time on it. I’m not complaining.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I just watched it! Really touching to hear the reminiscing. Heart thoroughly warmed!

Happy anniversary GW2! Still the best game out there. <3

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

I wasn’t here from the start, I’ve just been playing for one and half year with a long break in between [because, life]. Matter of fact, once I gave GW2 a chance I felt in love with Tyria immediately, and still love this world.

Tyria and “Fear Not This Night” will forever go hand in hand. It was my best reward for finishing the personal story – and I will do it again.

Happy Anniversary, ANet!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Same here as well, having been a Gw1 vet and being with the game since launch its been so cool seeing this series grow. I still can’t believe its been 4 years already with this game sometimes. Many thanks for all the hard work and I am looking forward to the next part of S3!

Fear Not This Nights still one of my favorite game songs too.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Saul Rua.2739

Saul Rua.2739

I just watched the video, and it took my back to the headstart night. My daughter and I waiting for the servers to come online. She was 7 at the time, and she was so excited (probably not as excited as I was). I was on my pc downstairs, and she was on her moms upstairs, and I remember calling to her “The servers are on!” and her whoop of excitement. Two years later, and her brother turned 7, and he got his own account. We’ve been playing together ever since. Thank you Anet, for all of this.

Thank you Anet!

Arden.7480

I learned about GW2 from my brother. He played this Game since came out.

“Fear not this night” is my favorite song. When I listened this in the Anniversary Video I had tears in eyes.
Thank You Ree for the fantastic song!!!

(edited by Arden.7480)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Hanyuu.7031

Hanyuu.7031

Thank you Anet for such a great game! Thank you for giving us a great place to visit and explore and be part of a story for the past 4 years. I can’t wait to see what the next 4 will be like!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

GW means a lot to me.

My old DnD buddies and I had been meeting for 20 years or so, since highschool, but were drifting apart as marriage, kids, and career options pulled us away. One of the guys found this cool sounding game we could play together online now that we could no longer meet for our pen and paper gaming session in person.

We named our guild after our DnD character group name and explored all that Tyria had to offer. It was a blast. It helped old friends keep in touch when life conspired against us. In time we met other players and our guild grew. In time Black Flag (BF) was full and was the lead guild in a full alliance of full guilds with a waiting list to join. These people were friends as well as allies and guildies as we strove to keep the small intimate guild vibe with over 900 members.

During my time in GW1 I met the woman who would become my wife. Probably the best prot monk I’ve ever met. I consider myself the luckiest man in the world to not only have a wonderful woman at my side, but a gamer buddy as well.

We didnt port BF over to GW2, and we dont all play any more, but Tyria still represents an important and ongoing chapter in our lives.

On behalf of an entire group of oldschool gamers, most of whom will never visit a game forum because talking about gaming instead of doing it is a foreign concept to them, who were drawn into this newfangled online gaming thing by a lack of sub fee, and who stayed because the game(s) rocked…thank you, and happy anniversary.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

Many thanks to you and the rest of the ArenaNet team current and past. GW1 was my first online multiplayer game and GW2 is my gaming home. Now my daughters have started playing and love the game too. Big props to you Gaile for all your work in both games and for having a seemingly infinite amount of patience with the community!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: KeConan.4563

KeConan.4563

Thank you Anet!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

My fiancé and I met in GW2! We’ve been together for 3 years now, and although it has been rough for us in so many ways, we are now both in graduate school getting our PhDs. For us, this game opened a door to a life (and love) we’ve only dreamed about.

Now we’re living the dream…

From my heart, bountiful thanks to you, ANET!

(edited by carabidus.6214)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Lizardguard.2860

Lizardguard.2860

Thank you Anet.

I rarely write stuff here, but I´ve been with you since the beta. I´ve seen several guilds gather and disband. i´ve seen people get together from all over the world, many meeting in real life, some even marrying. I´ve seen your beautiful world develop, shift and change.

Originally I´ve been drawn in from the promise of a really good MMO without monthly subscription. This alone would have made it a good enough game for me back then. But what made me stay was the beautiful art, gorgeous community and the original event system. I still love the vistas in frostgorge sound and i actually use some screenshots as screensavers and PC-log in screens. No Cutscenes, mind you. In game landscape. And for the community, hands down, apart of the occasional PvP bully, its the best community I´ve ever seen and more than a game could wish for.

I´m looking forward to another four or more years with you, Anet.

(So sad you guys couldn´t make it to the gamescom, I hope you´ll reappear there next year!)

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Guild Wars 2 is not a perfect game, but it is still one of my favorites. Here’s hoping there is a lot more longevity! Bring on LS3 Episode 2 already!!

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

I have been with Guild Wars since the first beta of GW1 and I still remember how amazed my college roommates and I were back then by everything the game had to offer (IWAY builds for life!). This feeling continued to GW2 and to this day I have not found another game or franchise that has taken my breath away in the same manner.

While I have my personal gripes with the game, it has always been my go to game and the one I keep recommending to my friends and coworkers.

Thank you ArenaNet for creating such a wonderful world that we all call home. Here is to another great year!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Killjoy.9213

Killjoy.9213

“For great justice!” Even though I missed out on half of the excitement -due to a trash PC- I Still wish to say that, aside from GW1, GW2 is a great game. There’s just so much to do. Even better things are done in a timely fashion. Ahet, Thank you a lot!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: rotheche.2964

rotheche.2964

Tyria and “Fear Not This Night” will forever go hand in hand. It was my best reward for finishing the personal story – and I will do it again.

Every time I finish the personal story, I stop and listen to “Fear Not This Night” all the way through. It’s the best part of the reward for me too

Thank you, Anet: code writers, music composers, character designers, story writers, every one. You’ve given a lot of people a lot of fun over the last four years.

Lilli Varss [OW]
Easily distracted mes—SQUIRREL!
GOM

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Good game Anet

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

Yes, thank you Anet! I’ve been a player since the betas of GW1 and I continue to try and bring friends into the fold.

The birthday presents this year are the best yet! Really wonderful.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Mizu Misa.8730

Mizu Misa.8730

I was very moved by the video you made for the 4th anniversy arenanet.
Videos like these allways make me connect to how you feel about your game and leave me with deep impressions afterwards.

I’ve had this game since launch, I only really got into it 2 years ago, I’m so glad I did and I wish we can all make this game even better, as developers and fans, doing what we love!
I hope you can keep these words in mind despite all the flood of suggestion and negative feedback you may sometimes recieve. After all, it’s just the desire we have to make this place even better ^^.

Painkillerguild.com [eu][gh][pvx] applications welcome!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Thank you Anet for 11 years of gaming fun and enjoyment! Been here since the start will be here ’til the end!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Thank you for everything! I had my ups and downs in GW2 but I still love it. My main game since 2012. I often try other MMOs but I always come back.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I’ve never been tied to ANY franchise in my life. I liked Tomb Raider in the 90s and the Die Hard movies. But else, I could never understand the Mortal Kombat, Mario or Final Fantasy fans that suck up everything of those franchises, even the slightest crumps of story, rumors and screenshots. To me, it was a different product each time.

I’ve also played several good games, and all had either a nice facade without actual fun and content behind (Final Fantasy 14) or were good at gameplay but I could not like the style, the character I played as etc. So I never felt “at home” and had a lackluster expierence.

That changed on July, the 23rd of 2015. When Heavensward has been released, I sat there and could not resist the green Heart of Thorns logo that caught my attention while browsing trough several MMO websites. And guess what, I basically stopped my 1.5 year of FF14 gaming literally in one moment, uninstalled FF14 and pre-ordered HoT instead. It was literally a 180° turn within one day, I left all behind I grinded for…

AND IT WAS THE BEST DECISION I COULD EVER MAKE

It took me 3 or 4 weeks until I figured out how great this game is. And what is behind the facade is even better. There is everything I like in this game, except for the loss of hair when putting on a tophat…

The races that also covers beasts (Charr) and a diminutive race (Asura) that are not dwarves with filthy beards.

The races also would fight for themselves instead of this political correct nonense of “We are all equal” and all are smiling.

Asura. The reason why I am here.

The “theme park” setting (I like to have different themes).

The German dubbing is better then the original one (tried the English one and downloaded 6 GByte of audio…), especially when it comes to both male and female Asura voices, including NPC chatter that use well-known voice actors.

The combat has a perfect mix of fun’n’playable. Seeing WoWs skillbars it’s like a mosaic in a bathroom, here you have your bar like in DooM II on the bottom and you got all you need.

I turn off the music in all games, but the ambient sound and drones (deep basses etc.) in caves are well-mixed, even with stock sounds sometimes.

Player chatter with emotion. Shouting downed mates nearby or the snobbish Asuran way of saying “I bleed”. Or: Player do make painful sounds, scream and gasp when jumping.

The best community so far. I got flamed once – by a FF14 player that tried the game in F2P mode. Oh boy.

My thief can actually steal something (!!!) and is not only a “cool” name for a profession (even though it’s more an assassin)

HoT is a blast. It’s like shifting up several gears at once. My keyboard wear increased, meaning I actually PLAY a game, not like many tab target games which you can play with one hand to press QWE and 123 (looking at you, FF14).

Each class/“job” is well done. The engineer got me into the game, but I think the thief is a tad better.

No trinity which engages my feeling of being an adventurer that can help himself instead of hiding beihind the tank because a bunch of bees is attacking (…FF14).

I could go on and on.

GuildWars is a franchise I always overlooked for some reason. Due to to a lucky decision, I dove right into that franchise and it’s the first one I would stay with.

Right now I have spent more money on GW2 per month than on a subscription game. Means: You do everyting right.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

The members of the Royal Order of Fun Lunatics [ROFL] wish to say “Thank You” to the Guild Wars 2 Team and ArenaNet for four fantastic years of an awesome game!

Some of us have played from the Beta beginning, while others are fairly new; but we all enjoy our home in Tyria, and we hope to be here for a very long time!

Happy 4th Anniversary Guild Wars 2!

ROFL will be celebrating Guild Wars 2’s Fourth Anniversary and our Guild’s First Anniversary (which was July 1st, but we wanted to combine them) this evening at approximately 9:00 PM MDT (UTC-6) in Lion’s Arch at the Grand Piazza, nearest waypoint is Gate Hub Plaza Waypoint [&BBEEAAA=]. Everyone is welcome to join us! Bring your favorite toys and party favors, and let’s celebrate!

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

I’ve played everyday since August 25, 2012 and I still find the game enjoyable! It has had it’s good and bad times, but there is so much to do that if one part of the game gets a bit repetitive, then you can always switch to another part to keep it fresh.

I saw Gaile in Dry Top last night while playing my main, Anna Hayha. What I told her is what I’ll tell the other developers:

Keep up the good work! There are some of us who do appreciate the work they do for us. Especially this old timer. THANK YOU!

Here is to hoping that there are many more years ahead for GW2.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Nerdulous.3906

Nerdulous.3906

9 years ago, I first set foot in Elona (loved the flora there by the way, not the moving ones though). After my adventures there, I heard about two other lands. Cantha and Tyria. For a small fee I made the journey to these places and was filled with awe at the sheer size of the new worlds I was able to explore. After almost 5,000 hours, I am still able to find new places. A few years later, I heard about Guild Wars 2’s release and was ecstatic to hear that my favorite profession (the mesmer), would be in the game as with my favorite race (the asurans). After participating in the beta events, I knew that the new world or Tyria would be amazing.

After watching the Four Years video on the Guild Wars 2 website, I’ve gathered quite a bit more appreciation for the team that set out to create a game of such a titanic scale. To the creators of Guild Wars Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, Beyond, 2, Heart of Thorns, and Living Story (and anything in between), thank you. Thank you for creating a world to live in. Thank you for keeping that world alive. Thank you for creating my favorite game of all time. Thank you all as well for four incredible years (and more from GW1).

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Thank you for your hard work, and for listening

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Guild wars recently had it’d four year anniversary and Im just here to say how proud I am to have been apart of the games community. I was playing since launch, but haven’t been able to log in for a little over a year now… I’m just here to say that this game and it’s community are the best thing to happen to video games in recent history. The community is amazing. The devs are amazing. This game was crafted beautifully and I hope to be able to return to it soon. Congrats on four years. I wish you many many more

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Thank you Anet!

Tyloric.7520

I was so excited I took a picture of the freaking game box and told all of Facebook.

Here’s to another four, ANet!

Attachments:

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Very nice. I downloaded the digital version, so no physical box for myself.

My enduring memory of four years ago (when the game launched) is the hordes of player characters that were the Wayfarer Foothills. So many characters everywhere at every event! The grawl, dredge and sots didn’t stand a chance.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I remember being surprised when a massive box arrived before release and this larger than expected chap grinning toothily at me…

Attachments:

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

Happy 4th Anniversary Guild Wars 2…

And welcome back meeflak, ‘flowers’ are waiting for you in Heart of Thorns

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Welcome back and Happy Fourth Anniversary.

Hope you enjoy the return.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Welcome back!

And welcome back meeflak, ‘flowers’ are waiting for you in Heart of Thorns

Aye, just beware the ‘blooms’… and the bugs… and… well, a lot of things. The jungle is dangerous! Make it your own and it has plenty to give though.

Thank you Anet!

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Same, was here for bwe2, and stayed til a few months after HoT. Fantastic game, even with the up and down growing pains. I have praised and griped over the years, you folks are still my favorite mmo company.

Now bring it over to Xbox One so we can all leave ESO and come back

….no not because ESO better, my butt just can’t sit at a computer no more for entertainment and relaxing after a 40h week working behind a computer.

Keep up the great work!

JQ Druid

Thank you Anet!

Tyloric.7520

Grinned… yes.