Thank you Anet for improving communication

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I wish to thank ArenaNet for making this game free. They really improved communication. Before HoT expansion I did not receive many whispers, but now I get a lot of whispers about gold selling offers and about websites selling items. This is so awesome.
Thank you for improving communication and allowing players to receive so many important unwanted messages about websites I did not know about before.
Thank you.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Sarcasm withstanding I have yet to receive such messages.

I found it worse pre-HoT and assumed they did a mass ban or something.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

I only ever get those pms in the PvP lobby.
Solution = don’t PvP.

Or you can report and block them.

Either way, all games have them , it’s unfortunate but a fact, just deal with it.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

Free accounts cannot whisper you if you don’t have them on your friend list.

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Lol, nice try, but free-to-play accounts can’t even whisper people who aren’t mutual friends, and they can’t mail gold or items, so GW2 going F2P should have literally no effect on goldsellers.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Lol, nice try, but free-to-play accounts can’t even whisper people who aren’t mutual friends, and they can’t mail gold or items, so GW2 going F2P should have literally no effect on goldsellers.

The whispers are from stolen accounts, not freebies.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

And how are stolen accounts related to f2p?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

Free accounts can whisper people on the same map, or everywhere if they are mutual friends.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If they are whispering you after you leave the map or more frequently than every 30 seconds, they aren’t f2p.

Except for mutual friends, can only whisper in the same map, one new person every 30 seconds

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

IMO they should never have gone FTP. What they should have done was give you a one month free trial. Then after buying the game, it becomes FTP.

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

IMO they should never have gone FTP. What they should have done was give you a one month free trial. Then after buying the game, it becomes FTP.

Eh? Buy to be a free-to-play? I suppose you meant it should be Buy-to-play like it was before.

And for OP:
I though this was sarcastic thread about ANet communicating with community, shame it wasn’t.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Only had 1 gold sell whisper in the last 3 months or so. I think these guys now I am poor.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

If anyone is unhappy with the very low level of goldseller spam in GW2 I have a suggestion:
Go create a Neverwinter account and spend 20 minutes in the main city. Their equivalent of map chat is dominated by gold selling spam to the extent that it drowns out everything else. On top of that you will almost certainly get a few whispers from sellers and you may also be “lucky” enough to get invited into a party by one. It’s quite astonishing.

Then come back to GW and be happy!

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

And how are stolen accounts related to f2p?

They’re not, that was my point!

I was addressing the OP’s assertion the spam he’s complaining about comes from F2P accounts, which the quote I made alluded to when it pointed out F2P can’t send whispers.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

No matter how you see it, it’s still bad. F2P accounts should not be able to whisper in my opinion.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No matter how you see it, it’s still bad. F2P accounts should not be able to whisper in my opinion.

They don’t have map chat. If they can’t even whisper they’ll have to play completely silently unless they can somehow get someone to party up with them to have party chat (and guild chat).

It would be pretty alienating to be playing and can’t speak at all to those around you, not even to whisper them a question.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve received a total of 0 spam whispers since HoT launch. Maybe they know not to whisper me since I report them every time. That or OP is completely exaggerating, but no one on the Internet would ever exaggerate anything, so I don’t know what to say.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

That or OP is completely exaggerating…

I’ve told him one million times not to exaggerate.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I don’t know what you are doing, but since the changes to map chat and whispers I have yet to receive a PM or in-game mail from a gold seller. I also have yet to see anyone selling gold in map chat

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Whatever they did, it killed all the whispers from gold sellers for me.

And I was getting 5-10 of them in a row (like in less than 10 seconds) every time I was in a city. If I switched to another character, even though it’s the SAME account, I’d get another round like I just logged into the game for the first time.

This is nice. I just hope they don’t come back.

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

I’ve been playing for just a little over a month now, and I’ve had zero whispers or mail from Goldsellers. And I’ve only seen one once in chat, which I immediately reported.

In my17 years of MMO gaming, that is definitely a record, and incredibly nice/refreshing to see… or rather, not to see. :P

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yes, they can whisper once every 30 seconds unless they are your friend (and also possibly you whisper back but I hadn’t tested this enough on my P4F account).

But if the whisperer is under level 10 in the race cities or under 35 in LA then they aren’t P4F account.

Either way, report and block, problem solved from them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I wish to thank ArenaNet for making this game free. They really improved communication. Before HoT expansion I did not receive many whispers, but now I get a lot of whispers about gold selling offers and about websites selling items. This is so awesome.
Thank you for improving communication and allowing players to receive so many important unwanted messages about websites I did not know about before.
Thank you.

And i want to add that Anet communication is great with their player base.

Above all with rangers

Posted by: Firedancer.8350

Firedancer.8350

Communication is indeed awesome at the moment… none of the chat works… it is so serenely quiet. Wonderful!