Thank you ArenaNet

Thank you ArenaNet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

As promised in my previous thread, I wanted to take a moment to compose my thoughts and offer a heartfelt thank you to everyone at ArenaNet who has contributed to making GW2 one of the most amazing games ever.

While GW2 has had its bumps and bugs, all around I have seen nothing but dedication to the players and a genuine effort made to make Guild Wars the best it can possibly be. I for one, understand that some issues take longer than five minutes to iron out! The level of communication on progress for the issues that are taking longer is phenomenal and I commend you for keeping up with the community!

There are a metric ton of reasons why I love Guild Wars 2, but I would like to focus on more recent events to express one of many aspects that I love about this game and the way you guys at ArenaNet are evolving it.

For one, the one time events and stories allow a sense of epicness to the change and growth to Tyria. I, and other players, are given a chance to participate and experience events that will become a piece of history and lore in the game as it evolves. This is truly an interesting concept, and one I really appreciate. While I realize some players will be jaded by this because they ‘missed out’, I am grateful for the opportunity to participate and enjoy these epic stories as they happen.

Of the two events I have participated in thus far (halloween and lost shores), I have seen an incredible amount of time and dedication to the details. They were quite intense, and very fun! I love the new content, the new experiences, and the cool little gimmicks scattered around Tyria for the explorers!

Sea of Sorrows is a great addition to the game. It’s an intriguing zone, and I’m really interested to see where this story progresses after the Karka. The landscape is beautifully done, and the new jumping puzzles (both of them) were quite enjoyable. The dynamic events I found compelling and interesting too!

As for Fractals of the Mist. Holy moly! I love this addition! The fractals are really neat, and I can see how easy it would be to add new fractals and expand this area beyond it’s current structure! There’s so much that can be done with this, and what has already been done is very fun!

I know you guys have been getting a lot of heat about the addition of Ascended gear, but I see it as a good thing and am grateful for it. I know many other players who feel the same, and while there are quite a few around these parts who won’t agree with me on any of this, I know just as many who will.

I appreciate everything you have done with this game, and I am truly grateful that ArenaNet is a company that has shown time and time again that it cares about the customers and our experience in Guild Wars 2. I know that the community can be very unforgiving at times, have knee-jerk reactions, and can be excessively harsh in their feedback, but you take it all in stride.

From a very happy customer, I offer many thanks, and hope that you know that there are many people who are happy and appreciative of all the enjoyable experiences you have provided for us, and will continue to provide for us.

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

“Congrats, you got what you wanted, more of the same. Enjoy it.”

This.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Thank you ArenaNet

Sondergaard.8469

I did get exactly what I wanted. I took the time to educate myself about ArenaNet, their design philosophies, and their goals with Guild Wars 2. I have seen nothing contrary to what they promised me, and I have received everything I asked for in my purchase.

Being cynical and attacking me because I am grateful to ArenaNet for providing continued support for a game that I enjoy is a bit childish. You don’t agree? That’s fine. There’s a hundred other threads for you to go and rant about how unhappy you are about the changes and your experiences. Don’t come in mine and start lashing out here too.

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: Malefactor.2971

Malefactor.2971

I did get exactly what I wanted. I took the time to educate myself about ArenaNet, their design philosophies, and their goals with Guild Wars 2. I have seen nothing contrary to what they promised me, and I have received everything I asked for in my purchase.

Being cynical and attacking me because I am grateful to ArenaNet for providing continued support for a game that I enjoy is a bit childish. You don’t agree? That’s fine. There’s a hundred other threads for you to go and rant about how unhappy you are about the changes and your experiences. Don’t come in mine and start lashing out here too.

I must agree, too many are lashing out and attacking posters rather than arguing their views/opinions. It’s one thing to disagree, or be upset with changes, it’s quite another to insult everyone who doesn’t hold the same opinions.

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I know you guys have been getting a lot of heat about the addition of Ascended gear, but I see it as a good thing and am grateful for it.

You are precisely what is wrong with this genre, the reason every other game is a pathetic clone of WoW, and why this game’s publishers have forced a change that goes completely against one of the primary selling points of GW2.

I’d tell you to go back to WoW, SWTOR, Rift, WAR, LotR or any of a dozen other games designed for people like you who can’t entertain themselves without the promise of an extrinsic reward but it seems I don’t have to.

Nexon/NC Soft/Arena.net have evidently decided that you people outnumber those of us who wanted a better game, a true departure from the norm, and bought the game on what is now shown to be a false promise.

Congrats, you got what you wanted, more of the same. Enjoy it.

Did you even read his post ? Just because your such a pessimist doesn’t mean that you have to accuse him of being the problem of anything, just for liking Fotm and Sos the events and jumping puzzles and making a positive post about it for a change.

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Oh my goodness someone disagreed with you in your thread. The nerve!

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

He didn’t attack you. He merely stated that you got your mainstream MMO, and that while it’s great that some like it, we are a lot of people who are disappointed in the turn the game took. We are just sad it isn’t the advertised game anymore.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Sadly I was off my projection on its downgrade by 3 months. I underestimated the power of the IP and juvenile lure of laser swords.

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: Slyder.9215

Slyder.9215

This being a game with no monthly fee, don’t forget that there are people like me who play a “gear grind” MMORPG (LoTRO in my case) AND this game at the same time. I play LoTRO for my fix of lore PvE, gear grinding, raid running. Then I go to GW2 to just relax and just do whatever I feel like doing at the time.

I can respect that there are people who like the precedent that this patch starts. I agree that the Fractals for the most part are wonderfully designed. I go in there for fun. If my friends need me to play with them I join in and just enjoy the experience. If I find that I need to grind to get Infused Ascended gear to go on and I don’t already have it, then I would probably just move on and go do something else in the game. Of course SPvP and WvW needs some more attention. But that’s another discussion.

Wrenchy Mcboomboom
Engineer

Thank you ArenaNet

Posted by: jollyjolly.3516

jollyjolly.3516

I whole heartily agree. I believe Anet did a great job, and although I did miss most of the lost shores events, if they do these things monthly, I’m sure there are many more I will be able to do.

I’m glad that there is at least one person on these forums that doesn’t use them as their handkerchief. As people expel bodily fluids, and cry into both things.

Thank you ArenaNet

Sondergaard.8469

He didn’t attack you. He merely stated that you got your mainstream MMO, and that while it’s great that some like it, we are a lot of people who are disappointed in the turn the game took. We are just sad it isn’t the advertised game anymore.

I’m not entirely sure that it’s not the advertised game anymore. They added one dungeon and a new mechanic for that dungeon. Ascended gear isn’t that much more powerful than exotics, and on top of that, they only introduced a very small portion of it in this patch. Rings and back pieces right?

I have a feeling that they plan to do much more with it than just fractals and that there will be more than one method. I also don’t get the impression that they plan to keep implementing tier after tier after tier of gear. It’s one tier, one set. I’m pretty confident in saying it ends at Ascended. They have already promised that legendary weapons will scale and be equal to Ascended, so if you did that gear grind you’re already set. So why panic?

I personally do not feel that it’s fair to accuse them and lash out at them when we haven’t even given them a chance to answer or address the concerns being discussed. They haven’t said anything, which means they’re thinking about how they want to proceed and address the issues.

It’s not an end of the world situation, there can, and most likely will be changes made and my reason for this thread was not to discuss the concerns, issues, or opinions about the negative conflict around these additions. There are plenty of other discussion topics for that.