Thank you Guild Wars 2 staff.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jaklinmar.5871

jaklinmar.5871

Dear Guild Wars 2 Team,
I want to sincerely thank you for making one of the best mmos out there. The three year mark is fast approaching and I look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us. About a year and a half ago I brought my mother to the light side stealing her from the World of Warcraft empire. We have played mmos together since I was living in Texas at the time and it was the best way for us to communicate. We love everything about the game, and have a lot of fun running the world boss train. This past Fall we found out that my mother has cervical caner. The game has now become a great way to release stress of the doctor visits and the fear of the cancer spreading to other place. It means a lot to me to see my mom laugh at your April Fools joke, she was laughing so hard that she was crying.

So thank you guys for making such an awesome and my mom and I both look forward to the expansion!

Never surrender! Never back down!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Thats awesome!
I like these kinds of posts
They make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Best wishes to your mother, and hoping she recovers completely soon! =)

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Best wishes to your mother. I’m glad you’re both enjoying this game together.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m sending all the love and best wishes I can muster to your mom and your family. It’s great when different generations of a family find an activity they love to do together.

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

First of all I am really sorry about your mother… I cant imagine how this must feel for you… Normally I just read the forum, and dont make treats or answer on posts. Your story touched my heart.

Me and my wife also want to send you and your mother our best wishes. And if there is anything, anything at all we can help you both with in game, please do not hesitate to whisper me!

Best wishes from Mr & Mrs Fox!

What does the FOX say¿!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I am so glad your mom got such a kick out of the prank yesterday! All the best to you both.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I am glad that you and your Mom found GW2. This game was for me too wonderful and helped keep my mind off of things when I was going through cancer treatment. No other game was able to do it. Believe me, I tried. It was only in Tyria that I could forget for a while what was going on in real life.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Awesome story. I wish the best for you and your mom. Cancer is a hell of a thing to fight through and I can definitely relate with many of my family, including my dad struggling with it.

jaklinmar.5871

Thank you guys! You are all very sweet. I hope that Guild Wars 2 will always have awesome people like you guys!

Posted by: BobbyStein

BobbyStein

Guild Wars 2 Narrative Lead

Next

Dear Guild Wars 2 Team,
I want to sincerely thank you for making one of the best mmos out there. The three year mark is fast approaching and I look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us. About a year and a half ago I brought my mother to the light side stealing her from the World of Warcraft empire. We have played mmos together since I was living in Texas at the time and it was the best way for us to communicate. We love everything about the game, and have a lot of fun running the world boss train. This past Fall we found out that my mother has cervical caner. The game has now become a great way to release stress of the doctor visits and the fear of the cancer spreading to other place. It means a lot to me to see my mom laugh at your April Fools joke, she was laughing so hard that she was crying.

So thank you guys for making such an awesome and my mom and I both look forward to the expansion!

Thank you for the touching note. Glad that you and your mother have found some joy in what we do. Wishing you all the best. Keeping my fingers crossed for your mother’s recovery.

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

I have to chime in here and say I wish your mother a speedy recovery, too.

I also have to agree that I find GW2 to be one of the best MMOs I’ve ever played. Keep up the good work for all of us!

Feel free to ping me if you ever need a hand.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Threads like this make me wish I could +1 a post more than once. Awesome story. Please keep us updated on your mom’s condition, we are sending healing vibes her way!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Thanks for making this thread! It is such a nice change to read a post by someone who enjoys and appreciates the game as much as I do. All the best to you and your mother.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Guild Wars2 has a staff? Can Revenant use it?

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

That’s very touching

Loving the game as well and even more so reading such posts about it.

<3

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Reposting this sans the part that quoted someone mean:

OP, I’m so glad the game has given your mother an escape. I never quite got my parents to agree to MMO with me, closest ever was my mom sitting in on a college DnD session and howling like a coyote since her character was a coyote shaman … but my dad has leukemia and the treatments just stopped working. We find out next week if there’s another viable treatment. If not, he’ll be gone within two months. I wish I had this shared world to play in with him. He and mom are active, busy people, two decades of retirement haven’t slowed them down, so it’s not like he’d have time. Yet I really wish I could have shared it all.

All my best to your mom. I hope she beats it and vanquishes Tyrian foes with you for years to come.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s heartbreaking to see just how many lives have been thrown off balance (or torn apart) by cancer. Love to everyone who has been or is going through it. My dad is, thankfully, in remission from his brain cancer. But we never know when or if it will come back. So, we try to live as much as we can every day because you just never know when things will change.

Posted by: Syphon.6271

Syphon.6271

Hi,
I’m not that great with words but here goes…

I’m Jaklinmar’s mother and i would like to take time to thank each and everyone of you for the words of encouragement and well wishes. I’m at a lose of words at how complete strangers are so kind and compassionate.

To all that are going through the same thing I understand the struggle, to those who are going through remission or have loved ones that are I truly hope that it stays that way.

i have sat here reading and re-reading the posts trying to put together words that show how i feel and all i can say is

NO RETREAT…NO SURRENDER!!

again ty all for the kind words

see you in Tyria!

Posted by: Sir Robindole.2749

Sir Robindole.2749

The heck? I’m sweating from my eyes!
Ah.
It must’ve been from all the weights I was lifting earlier..

(TT-TT)

Sir Robindole – Human Warrior
Protector of righteousness and purger of corruption.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Stupid onions growing here…. pfffff

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Sending much love to you both, jaklinmar and Syphon. I hope to see you in the game sometime!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

jaklinmar.5871

This is just an update.
Tomorrow, June 17th my mother will be heading into surgery to remove the cancer. Any good thoughts, prayers, positive energy would be helpful thank you! Sadly we will not be able to join all of you lovely people to HoT we just do not have the money for it so we will see you guys in Tyria. Feel free to mail me in game if you would like an update. Jaklin Winters or Azriel Firstborn. Much love to you guys thank you!

(edited by jaklinmar.5871)