Thank you, I needed that nostalgia (spoilers)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I know many people have already said this, but I’m making my own thread because it is worth saying, and because I’m Zera.

First, I wish to thank you from the bottom of my GW heart for this latest LS update. The first half, with the stuff in Silverwastes is hardly noteworthy for me, but it is still enjoyable. However, that is not why I am posting here. What I am thanking you for is the second half.

The priory’s library is the best thing that happened to this game, lore wise. With mentions of Vekk, Althea, Doric, Barradin, Stormcaller, the statue of Abaddon and the specific mention of my Sylvari character’s opening personal instance with the “Shadow of the Dragon”, were all great. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the books in there. More, please.

What really made me fall in love all over again, though, was when you finally let me return to Glint’s Lair. That was my favorite part of ALL of GW1, and I just really, truly, wish to thank you for letting me return. The amount of nostalgia literally had me in tears (the music was the breaking point for me. I had genuine tears start to flow.) When I saw that my health was ticking away, just like it did in GW1’s Glint’s Lair mission, I was crying tears of joy as my health ticked down. It sounds masochistic, I know, but that nostalgia was perfect. I don’t think you realize yet what a great thing you have in the GW1 lore.

Please, I beg of you, give me more. More like this. THIS is what made GW1 a superior game to GW2. Bring it all back.

Also, thank you for not making the KasMar dialog overbearing in that instance. I really appreciate it. It would have ruined the entire experience and I would not have had any tears flowing if their dialog was as intrusive as it has been in the past.

Whoever among you in ArenaNet who finally got wise and decided to use this much of the lore, I’d double your pay on the spot if I were Mike O’ Brien (or whoever dictates your pay).

Again, in all seriousness, thank you so kittening much. I needed this. Excuse me, I need a tissue.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I didn’t even play in the original Guild Wars and the library was still a fun place to visit for me. The new map is also pretty nice, as it has this bonus survival element to it. (Less waypoints etc.)

So yes, thank you for this update. =)

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

This update made me want to play GW1. Seriously, if this is what that game is like than holy crap I’ve been missing out.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Sentiments echoed. If this really is what the original Guild Wars was like, I really gotta play that too.

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

I wanna personally congratulate with the entire staff for this amazing patch…
- We have a new fantastic map, with WvW components,
- We can feel starting the real war with Mordrem,
- We have new rewards, new armor set and soon new weapon set,
- New istanced zone (Glint’s lair), shiny like an heaven
But most important thing, you finally introduce new lore pieces, some just child poems, some hidden secrets, and some biographies (Shiro in particular)..
Now finally we can resolve some of the misteries of ancent Tyria, or just try to do it, but this is really gold stuff..
If one day you will vote the for the best Patch of the year, i vote for Echoes of the past!
Thank you Anet, you deserve just glory for this patch

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I really enjoyed reading all the lore in the library. I actually wished there was more to read when I finsihed the last book. Looks like if I want more lore, I gotta get my hands on the original GW.

I especially like how one of the books in the library sums up, “No. Dragons are not the human gods.” We can finally put that theory to rest. XD

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I just bought GW1 in August, and everything still in recent memory, this instance was bloody awesome. It also helps I’m a librarian/cataloger and it was amazing to see the ultimate Special Collections room.

I love the lore tie-ins, I love the references to all the GW1 games and expansion, I love seeing Glint’s Lair, which is the part of Prophecies that wowed me the most. I like the little touches of the environmental effects in the three regions of Glint’s Lair. I’ll have to go back in and dance in front of Abaddon's statue now, just to see what happens.

I just wonder on the significance of the difference between the crystals in the lair. In GW1, the crystals looked like Quartz, especially with the clustering. In the new one, it’s more like Bismuth.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]