Thank you, Snowcrash/ANet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rocking it in the D.8217

Rocking it in the D.8217

I just wanted to shout out to Snowcrash for sitting down with the people of Tarnished Coast and having an enlightening discussion with the community, and answering our questions.

For those who are out of the loop, an ANet Dev came over to Lion’s Arch on TC, and allowed everyone to ask questions and talk about the state of the game. I can’t actually quote him on all of the topics, since everything was tentative, but Guild Halls, Orr event tuning, Dueling, Raids, Weapon Dyes, Cantha, Living Story, and Guild improvements, and much more were among some of the things that were discussed.

The only actual thing I CAN quote for sure is that the ANet Devs are in fact aware of all of the things that the community has discussed, and are working towards those things. While that isn’t much to go on, it’s incredibly reassuring to hear from a game developer in an actual live conversation, and not on a forum or a video. And I can not think of any occasion in my long MMO career where a Game Dev sat down with a community, IN GAME, and talked about the game. So once again, major props to you guys for doing this.

Oh, and side note… First post…. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

In addition to profession favoritism, Anet is now showing server favoritism!? OUTRAGE!!!

j/k. That was cool of them to do. I’d be interested in any details you can remember, even if they are tentative. And please, for the love of God, tell me they said “no” to open world dueling. Please tell me they said no open world dueling.

(edited by darkace.8925)

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Like Gaile Grey, Regina and others used to in GW1 LA. I miss that.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It takes a lot longer than people realize to add things to the game without completely breaking it. It may be a few months before you see a lot of this stuff, but they certainly do keep an eye on what their players are interested in doing/having.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Nice that they did at TC LA.
It would be funny to see how it would go if they did while taking a walk around SM in T1 EB, or at the door of CoF… lol

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I once saw snowcrash in frostgorge while waiting on a jormag event, discussing the game with everyone on kaineng server, a few months back.

Our guilds leader (ttw) had become inactive, but the rest of the guild was still active, and we couldn’t start guild missions without him, which ultimatly destroyed the guild. He was discussing this with one of our officers, which he said he would see what he could do about it.

Nothing ever happened to resolve the issue, but i could tell the way he spoke that he was highly dedicated to making the game as enjoyable as possible for the community. Even though he couldn’t solve the issue, i still appeciate him taking about 40 min time to discuss it with us.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

In addition to profession favoritism, Anet is now showing server favoritism!? OUTRAGE!!!

j/k. That was cool of them to do. I’d be interested in any details you can remember, even if they are tentative. And please, for the love of God, tell me they said “no” to open world dueling. Please tell me they said no open world dueling.

Maybe they ll bring open world pvp :o Seriously though, it would be useful to know what the said about these subjects. Will we finally get guild halls? And what about GvG?

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I just wanted to shout out to Snowcrash for sitting down with the people of Tarnished Coast and having an enlightening discussion with the community, and answering our questions.

For those who are out of the loop, an ANet Dev came over to Lion’s Arch on TC, and allowed everyone to ask questions and talk about the state of the game. I can’t actually quote him on all of the topics, since everything was tentative, but Guild Halls, Orr event tuning, Dueling, Raids, Weapon Dyes, Cantha, Living Story, and Guild improvements, and much more were among some of the things that were discussed.

The only actual thing I CAN quote for sure is that the ANet Devs are in fact aware of all of the things that the community has discussed, and are working towards those things. While that isn’t much to go on, it’s incredibly reassuring to hear from a game developer in an actual live conversation, and not on a forum or a video. And I can not think of any occasion in my long MMO career where a Game Dev sat down with a community, IN GAME, and talked about the game. So once again, major props to you guys for doing this.

Oh, and side note… First post…. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….

Used to trash talk with Blizzard devs in orgrimmar all the time, also EVE devs(talks/fights). Anyway, glad to see anet is aware of community, but I’m not going to expect anything from them since they’ve ruined many of my hopes.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

It’s just a typical marketing method, don’t get so high =/

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s great he spoke with people in game, but I seriously hope his predictions aren’t just lip service because I’m over that.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

No, I’ve talked to Snow before. He is quite the hard working type and quite possibly works more on game issues than actually playing the game. And in answer to ILobo, I’ve seen him in WvW on multiple occasions.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I thought Snowcrash was a former dev – he’s no longer employed?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Rocking it in the D.8217

Rocking it in the D.8217

Maybe they ll bring open world pvp :o Seriously though, it would be useful to know what the said about these subjects. Will we finally get guild halls? And what about GvG?

Snowcrash did say that “Guild Halls are high on the priority list.” Take that with a grain of salt.