Thank you for Centaurs

Thank you for Centaurs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Juzztn.1305

Juzztn.1305

This game has done them so well. The feel, the look, even that there are male and female centaurs. I love it. My only suggestion is that they become a playable race in the future. I just wanted to say thank you for doing such a great job on one of my favorite mythical races!

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Ganadorf.3460

Ganadorf.3460

I think they did a good job in creating the Centaurs, but I believe their implementation of them to be flawed. Centaurs don’t feel like a good race to be one of the main antagonists for the Humans in the game, and the fact that you spend so long fighting them in so many zones doesn’t help

I think WoW did a much better job, with the Centaurs being in the more “wild” areas, like the Barrens, where races like the Tauren had fought them for years, and in game you fought them as Tauren, but also as well as Orcs and Trolls who had recently come to that area. While the Humans got to fight other Humans as their main bad guy for the starting zones

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Indeed. I love sending them flying with mighty blow, setting them on fire, and generally making many rugs from their hides to sell to those poor widows in the wars. Viva la centaurs!

=D

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

The problem with human zones is that it’s always the same. Nothing ever changes. Every 10 levels, there’s a new centaur-infested zone in which to to commit genocide.

After a while, I start running out of creative ways to kill horsepeople.

Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’d like to have centaurs as a playable race in the future (though my favorite for future playable race is still the Tengu). After all, we had Asura, Charr and Norn heroes in GW1 (in Eye of the North) and they ended up being playable races in GW2… why not centaurs? we had a centaur hero in Nightfall..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

Personally, I’d love to have centaurs as a playable race, in the future. I’m sure there are people, like myself, who are sick of being a two-legs, in every MMO we’ve ever played. What better race than the centaurs? They have both male and female models and voices. I think the animations would be the same, across both genders, sort of like how they are the same, for male/female Charr, and male/female Asura.

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

What I love about Centaurs is that little “double back” animation when you aggro them as they gallop past. Exactly what I would expect from a sentient creature having to co-ordinate four legs to change direction quickly. Brilliant.

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

What I want to know is, in a world without horses, centaurs are half… what?

It would have made more sense to make their lower half more oxlike or dolyak-like, or even deerlike.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Dizzard.4396

Dizzard.4396

I can’t stand them personally. Although that might be because they completely dominate particular maps and leave room for little else. In every human zone it seems to be all about the Centaurs….I mean I know they’re at war with them but still.

The Centaurs and the Dredge drive me batty. (Probably moreso the Dredge now that I’ve been to Dredgehaunt Cliffs)

Thank you for Centaurs

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

There are no horses BECAUSE of the centaurs. They keep freeing and hiding their 4 legged brethren. Once we kill all the centaurs, Anet will add mounts to the game. True story, I swear.