Thank you for the new skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

These new healing skills are great. Obviously there has been a lot of thought put into them.

They do seem a little powerful (almost like elites), but I suppose that’s why they’re worth 25 skills points.

Thanks, Arenanet. Please keep it up. Looking forward to more skill additions in the future.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

They seem to have been thought specifically in favor of the viability of some of the less common builds.
Well, they’re certainly way better than the flawed Anti-Toxin Spray which wasn’t really worth those 25 skill points, perhaps not even 10.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

I really like the idea of elite healing skills.

…and new elite skills, too…

*wink * *wink * *nudge * *nudge *

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

New skills to add some variety to things are great! Though I wish they’d work on some of the severely underpowered healing skills. For example, Necro basically only uses 1 healing skill because the other two are so pitiful it’s not even worth a consideration.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’m enjoying Arcane Brilliance a lot. I like how fun it is to play with.

I do hope they rebalance the spray too. In fact, I would like ANET to reconsider their approach to balance all non-profession skills, because making them all bad on purpose is just… not working out.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I can tell none of the posters above play a Necro; especially not the OP.

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I am the OP, and my main is a necro.

Signet of Vampirism works with my build absolutely perfectly, almost to the point where I feel overpowered.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Memser healing skill is wonderful, now I don’t have to wait for my heal skill to recharge everytime in Fractals, passive healing is doing GREAT

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Thief skill…. not so much. ;P

Saturn.6591

I am the OP, and my main is a necro.

Signet of Vampirism works with my build absolutely perfectly, almost to the point where I feel overpowered.

Wait; so that means that all the well-known Necros on the forum actually are wrong when they say that even Blood Fiend is way more useful than the new signet? Hmmhmm; nice if it works for you, but looking at the numbers and everything, I heavily tend to share the (apparently at least in the forum) general opinion about the signet.

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Wait; so that means that all the well-known Necros on the forum actually are wrong when they say that even Blood Fiend is way more useful than the new signet? Hmmhmm; nice if it works for you, but looking at the numbers and everything, I heavily tend to share the (apparently at least in the forum) general opinion about the signet.

That’s because most necros use the same cookie-cutter conditionmancing crap.

Try thinking outside the box a little.

Saturn.6591

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Merged-Signet-of-Vampirism-and-related-changes/

There you go. Actually, it’s equally bad no matter what build you’re using. Even if you’d chose traits and gear randomly 10000 times, it would always be the worst option.

But again; nice if you like it.

That being said; some of the other new healing skills actually look very nice.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Obviously the OP doesn’t play a necro…

BatsLoveCaves.5768

This is the second time I’ve responded to someone who assumes this. My main is a necro.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Look at the tone of the OP. Then consider that he thinks the new necro healing is OP.
Obvious troll is obvious. Please don’t feed it.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Look at the tone of the OP. Then consider that he thinks the new necro healing is OP.
Obvious troll is obvious. Please don’t feed it.

… there’s nothing in that post that would suggest sarcasm. Only depends on how you read it and your own tone you put into it.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Arcane Brilliance is good as a blast finisher, but terrible as a healing skill…

Maybe I’m too used to ether renewal and the removal of 8 conditions + heal on a 15s cd.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

On paper the new healing spirit for the Ranger sucks like a hoover with a GT35 turbo @ 35psi… And if you look in the Ranger subforum it sucks in practice just as much. I’m sure when I finally get around to playing I will find it the same. It’s pretty hard to beat TU or HS.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

On paper the new healing spirit for the Ranger sucks like a hoover with a GT35 turbo @ 35psi… And if you look in the Ranger subforum it sucks in practice just as much. I’m sure when I finally get around to playing I will find it the same. It’s pretty hard to beat TU or HS.

I’m starting to think most skills were just planned “on paper” and went live without proper testing…

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

+++1

Loving the new heal skills also, they are amazing and I hope they add the new skills/traits they were talking about soon! Playing my ele again for the first time in months because the new ele heal is awesomeee <3

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

This is the second time I’ve responded to someone who assumes this. My main is a necro.

Then, will all due respect, you have no idea of how to play necro. Nothing to discuss here.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

No use bro haters will be haters!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Then, will all due respect, you have no idea of how to play necro. Nothing to discuss here.

The gw2 forum at its finest. The OP likes the new Necro signet, other people don’t.
To each their own. Leave him alone.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

ZudetGambeous.9573

The gw2 forum at its finest. The OP likes the new Necro signet, other people don’t.

It doesn’t have anything to do with likes and dislikes. It is objectively worse in every possible situation in the game compared to our other heals. End of discussion. You can see the numbers, the situations and all possible (viable) builds in the necro forums for proof.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It doesn’t have anything to do with likes and dislikes. It is objectively worse in every possible situation in the game compared to our other heals. End of discussion. You can see the numbers, the situations and all possible (viable) builds in the necro forums for proof.

Evidently it’s not, because he seems to make good use of it. Maybe that makes him less efficient than all the pros out there, but at least he is having fun.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Arthos Ravron.3796

Arthos Ravron.3796

Only the Sith deal in absolutes

Commander of FoW, Lieutenant of [AKP], and Proud Human and Guardian

“Humanity cannot grasp Utopia for it refuses to be worthy of it”

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m still waiting till the necromancer gets a new healing skill. Why were we left out?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

A question to necromancers: is your heal skill good in dungeon group content? I mean, when bursting down bosses, it’s pretty much buffing your entire party’s damage, right? I don’t know, because I don’t play with a necro, but that seems like the absolute best situation to use it.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

That’s because most necros use the same cookie-cutter conditionmancing crap.

Try thinking outside the box a little.

I don’t.

The skill is still terrible.

It’s a deathwish in WvW / PvP even if you’re trying to run a full siphoning build – the minute you need to bulk heal you’re stuffed.

Not sure if this is a troll attempt or not.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

ZudetGambeous.9573

A question to necromancers: is your heal skill good in dungeon group content? I mean, when bursting down bosses, it’s pretty much buffing your entire party’s damage, right? I don’t know, because I don’t play with a necro, but that seems like the absolute best situation to use it.

at maximum efficiency it can do 9k dmg to the boss with a 1.25s cast time, spamming auto attack with a power build will yield more damage, but if you also need to heal it can be useful. But 9k dmg isn’t exactly some unholy burst amount.

Evidently it’s not, because he seems to make good use of it. Maybe that makes him less efficient than all the pros out there, but at least he is having fun.

I’m sure he is having fun. I’ve seen lots of people in full blues with no trait points at level 80 having fun too. That doesn’t really have anything to do with the current balance of skills though. The game should be balanced around equal power. removing the ICD would not in any way reduce the fun he is having, but it would make the skill actually useful.

I want the skill to be useful so I will continue to point out its flaws until Anet fixes it, regardless of how much fun people are having using it.

Think of it the other way. What if it was broken and did 30k dmg and only had a 1s CD… you can bet I would be having a ton of fun with it… But I can also bet that you and many others would be here asking Anet to fix it so it was balanced.

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

There is no situation under which this skill is useful. The boost in damage it provides is hardly noticeable. It is negligible. In fact, while casting it you are actually trading in a lot of DPS. It is by far the worst healing skill the necromancer has. They added a skill that no necromancer would ever use, because by numbers alone it is sub par, and in a best case scenario when specifically speccing for it, it is about as strong as the Blood Fiend (which is also rubbish, unless you are a MM).

Adding a skill that is this bad, when you know it is bad, is similar to not giving the class a new skill at all. We didn’t get a new healing skill.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A great set of skills, only two complaints

-Eles are the only class with both the lowest tier of toughness and armor, you took away their single escape, nerfed all of their defensive utilties, and nearly halved the healing on every one of their weapons and utilities, the least you could do is give decent scaling on their healing skills.

-The necro heal skill is worthless, I don’t even know how it qualifies as a healing skill, it requires you to take more damage than it can heal to even work! It’s the only healing skill in the game that requires you to subsidize it with more healing.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yes, Thanks for the new Guardian Meditation heal.

Can’t say that I enjoy the Thief one though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I was in awe when I saw the new skills. Great work!

Haven’t tried out the Necro heal yet, really hope it gets properly balanced soon if it is as bad as it’s claimed to be.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Haven’t tried out the Necro heal yet, really hope it gets properly balanced soon if it is as bad as it’s claimed to be.

Oh it is that bad. It requires you to get hit, in order to receive healing, but the healing is less than what most enemies hit for. In other words, it’s not healing you, it’s letting you die slightly slower.

The boost it gives in damage is so pathetic, no team would build around it. It’s not like the old Barbs or Spiteful Spirit, where it really made a noticeable difference. In fact it’s less damage than if you were simply auto attacking with dagger.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

They had no choice but to give the warrior the most useless new heal ever conceived. XD

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Now, if only I could get them with all my characters without having to spend as much for each one…

You know… like paying 25 skill points the first time one profession gets it, then only 1-5 when another character of the same profession gets it… Or getting them unlocked for the account at least for PvP after the first time…
Or having something like skill tomes in GW1.

That’s 375 skill points it’ll cost me to get them new skills with all y characters…

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

He thinks he’s making good use of it. Likely he’s hurting his own performance but doesn’ realize it. In any case that’s ok since, play how you want.

However, he did say that the skill was borderline OP — that’s what really makes him look like he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.