Thank you for upcoming patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Preview of upcoming patch made me very happy, basicaly I am looking forward to every single peace of content. Last year’s Wintersday events comming back, release of ascended armor, class balance, new healing skills, what else could I wish for 2-week-update?

Just amazing, well done.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I have never been so afraid before.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

As a PvE necro the profession balance i’m meh about really, the ascended armor is just another power creep anyway but i am indeed excited for the christmas stuff!

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I sort of second this. I can only assume that the materials required for a single piece of ascended gear will be similar to a weapon and that scares the hell out of me because its so much. Let me take that back…to craft the individual pieces isnt so bad. But getting your crafting to 500 is the hardest part. Its rediculous.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I sort of second this. I can only assume that the materials required for a single piece of ascended gear will be similar to a weapon and that scares the hell out of me because its so much. Let me take that back…to craft the individual pieces isnt so bad. But getting your crafting to 500 is the hardest part. Its rediculous.

The whole idea behind ascended is still preposterous for me.. And the more they delve into it, the more jaded I become about the game.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Yes, thank you for restoring deleted content and introducing ascended armor. I’ll be so happy I’ll continue to not log on.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

The whole idea behind ascended is still preposterous for me.. And the more they delve into it, the more jaded I become about the game.

:D For me,
it’s like receiving a lump of coal near the holidays lol

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

What if you don’t like crafting in GW2? My highest craft level in GW2 is like level 150 or something. I simply don’t like the GW2 crafting while in some other MMO’s crafting was the main thing for me.

Then again, that where always fun-crafts where you where always working towards the next fun item. The armor and weapon crafting only leveled with that (because you usually required some of that for the fun-craft) but was never my main goal. In GW2 there are no fun crafts there are only the armor and weapon crafts. So it might not have to do with the way of crafting. Aldo I do miss the option to do quest or dungeons or kill mobs for that one cool recipe, one of the thinks that made crafting so fun in other MMO’s. Maybe that if Anet would introduce fun-crafts I would also enjoy it in GW2 but nevertheless the way it stands now I don’t like crafting and this ascended stuff seems to be something you can almost only get with crafting. What is very bad imho.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Developing ascended gear actually has an opportunity cost.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Preview of upcoming patch made me very happy, basicaly I am looking forward to every single peace of content. Last year’s Wintersday events comming back, release of ascended armor, class balance, new healing skills, what else could I wish for 2-week-update?

Just amazing, well done.

Its not just for 2 weeks though its here for 6 by the sounds of it.
But yeah, its nice they aren’t removing anything (yet to be seen though, especially tixx/toxx different instances from the cities) like they did with the horrible B&M/Halloween patch. As long as they don’t add the obscene amounts of needed stuff like they did with the Halloween items, this should be a really good patch.

Now, we just need to figure out what those “Don’t Touch” tower things are for (other than them obviously being Scarlet related)…

Edit: Yeah, as others have said, the Ascended stuff is looking like it could be a problem. As if we didn’t already have enough time-gated stuff (You know they’re gonna time-gate stuff like the ascended materials needed for weapons).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Developing ascended gear actually has an opportunity cost.

If you’ve ever seen the ascended armor then you know that isn’t true.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

If that is about the looks, remember that different skins can be applied to any piece of gear, including ascended armor.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I don’t get the hate for the way the Ascended Armour looks.

Yeah its all opinions and everything but the way people act its as if they have just made some boring basic level 10 looking skin for them or thrown up on some grotesque offensive picture and slapped that on as the texture.

Personally I think there is much worse looking armours already in the game.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Everyone is bickering about ascended gear.

And I’m just sitting here, silently squeeing in delight that the bell choir game will be back =D

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Everyone is bickering about ascended gear.

And I’m just sitting here, silently squeeing in delight that the bell choir game will be back =D

It’s still in the game on the trading post.

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

If that is about the looks, remember that different skins can be applied to any piece of gear, including ascended armor.

Oh sure that’s prolly the main reason why ascended armors look so bad. Buy more stones guys. So basically we are supposed to farm like kittens just for better stats, but after all this design strategy works since basically that’s what most mmo players are, kittens, and i’m just stating the obvious here.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I knew the armor was coming eventually so I’m not too upset. I just hope aside from Legendary armor that no more will be added in the future. All I can say on it.

I’m glad to see Wintersday stayed intact though. Didn’t expect new minis to make it since you could only make one last year (or 2 if you got a second gift from ANet when the box was broken or whatever), so I get to make more and not have to decide between new ones. :P I know if people bought the rest in the gem store will not have much to do, but they could make tonics or something.

Enjoyed the mini games so I’m sure it will be entertaining aside from the looming grind of 500 tailoring.

Looking forward to seeing the new healing skills and Eles attunement changes.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well most humans are afraid of changes and new things i do not see why the online gaming community should be free from this.
Over all it seems like its going to be a big update lots of old content that ppl liked is coming back and there are new things to work for.

Side note am i reading it right where they are going to add in a new healing skill for every class?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Well most humans are afraid of changes and new things i do not see why the online gaming community should be free from this.
Over all it seems like its going to be a big update lots of old content that ppl liked is coming back and there are new things to work for.

Side note am i reading it right where they are going to add in a new healing skill for every class?

Yes. You already have a new healing ability, the anti toxin ability, which was introduced a patch or two ago. They are adding yet another one. I don’t care about healing abilities. I could use any one of them in my builds and be fine. I want some game changing utilities or weapon abilities. This is what I thought of when Colin J. initially said that they will be adding new abilities to the game. Not slowly introduce two worthless healing abilities. Have to wait that much longer now.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Yes. You already have a new healing ability, the anti toxin ability, which was introduced a patch or two ago. They are adding yet another one. I don’t care about healing abilities. I could use any one of them in my builds and be fine. I want some game changing utilities or weapon abilities. This is what I thought of when Colin J. initially said that they will be adding new abilities to the game. Not slowly introduce two worthless healing abilities. Have to wait that much longer now.

I am hoping that they are going to be very class related such as a new conjurer weapon for ele on the healing skill a lot like eng healing skill where they get a healing tower thing. Kind of a water maces that can plant more water skills. I think they are going to aim at the missing skills such as mez getting a healing signet or a gurd getting a healing meditation or a concentration. On the lines of if the class only had 3 version of a skill type the 4th will become the new healing skill.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Ya, thanks for the bugs, not only in any new content but all the new bugs on older content.
Ah, and for the ascended armor I can’t get.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

You’d be surprised as to how different the new heal skills are and how many more playstyles introduce for each class. It’s amazing like no other balance update they’ve ever done before. For a guy like me, that plays mainly WvW, the new heals and the balance update are something I can’t wait to play with.

Also, they have announced that new utilities and new elites will be coming in the following balance updates after this one. So you can just have patience and wait.

I also want to agree with the OP, the upcoming patch has got me hyped, unlike the previous patches. Well done indeed.

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Yess!!! tks for nerfing thieves to oblivion! your the best a-net!!