Thank you to customer support

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: inseeisyou.6081

inseeisyou.6081

I am quick to complain when I’m unhappy with some issue so I thought it was also fair to give credit where credit was due.

Long story short I was one of these players who did not pay close enough attention to what “unique” meant on ascended rings. Purchased two “Ring of Red Death” and of course, you know the rest.

I submitted a trouble ticket explaining my mistake and of course if I had known this was a mechanism, I would have purchased a Crystalline Band instead.

Well, lo and behold it took a few days but when I log in today there is a Crystalline Band in my mailbox!

Moral of the story is it does not hurt to ask and they did a good job with customer service in this case in my opinion. Bear in mind I also have hundreds of hours played in the game and this is the first time I asked for an issue to be resolved like this, so also don’t abuse it but there is help if you deserve it. Thanks!

Posted by: Hyori.3624

Hyori.3624

I hope they get to mine soon it’s been 6 days already no reply yet. Backlog must be really full.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I hope they get to mine soon it’s been 6 days already no reply yet. Backlog must be really full.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-Part-2-merged/page/34#post4675172

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I did the same, bought two Red Deaths. This was ages ago, though. Didn’t know such a service was possible. Oh well, would be foolish to get into it now.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I also got an awesome support experience recently. I got the heavy Aetherblade skin during the sale for a cosplay character, and the pants which I got the set for looked completely different from other pieces and left transparent seams on the waist. Since I haven’t bothered the support before, they were kind enough to make an exception and refund the set!

On topic: I still wonder if adding a red “You cannot equip two of the same rings on one character!” note next to “Unique” costs more developer time than the amount of time spent by support to refund these rings over and over again…

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

Customer service has always been a strong point of this game.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

They have amazing customer service.
Very fast and helpful.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I fully and completely agree that the custumer support team is awesome!

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

I am truly amazed at the quality of their service considering the immense volume they push. I’m sure there’s a stat somewhere about “x number of tickets submitted every hour on average”. I think that number would shock most of us.

Well done Anet team!

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

ANet’s customer service is top notch in the industry. During 2012, my sound had mysteriously gone away in game. Only for GW2, mind you. Customer Service determined within 24 hours that I needed to get my sound drivers installed (new computer, apparently had temporary drivers) and then went through the trouble of finding the correct ones for me, sending me the links.

Still have to play through the personal story the second time to hear what I couldn’t the first time, but hey.

I also had issues in GW1 with my card not processing correctly when I wanted to buy a character slot. Turns out, my card had been charged like 5 or 6 times, but ANet cancelled all but one transaction when I called.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

They have helped me on several occasions: replacing ascended boots when I selected the wrong armor weight, refunding gems for the flamekissed set when reskinned, and restoring my account when it was hacked. However, I am displeased that they would not exchange my bone mining pick for the watchwork mining pick. I bought the bone pick long before watchwork was available, and I felt like it would have been fair of them to exchange it. 3/4 isn’t bad

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

They refunded me gems for duplicate items that I purchased off gemstore upon request and, in addition, they refunded me gems for the ones that I did not even request. So, yea we must give credit where credit’s due.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: inseeisyou.6081

inseeisyou.6081

It was about a week for my issue, so have hope.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The customer service they offer is amazing, just wish their actual customer relations/communications were decent

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

GW2 support is awesome. I have personal experience with support helping me after I made a stupid mistake. They may take some time to respond, but they do respond and try to help.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks a lot for all your positive comments. It’s true the CS Team is very busy right now, and there can be a wait for help with some situations, especially the most delicate (such as account retrievals and restorations).

I’ll be sure the team sees your thoughts!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Customer service is almost always helpful, from reports I hear.

This issue with ‘unique’ items has existed for a long time in game, especially concerning ascended rings. I’m really not sure why they didn’t include something in the NPE update to help address this issue.

This issue has been pestering new players for a long time, while I’m not sure using a Vista was much of an issue.