[Thanks ANET]Season 2 is so fun!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jatacid.3725

Jatacid.3725

So I never come to these forums, and I am not a regular player. But I gotta leave a thank you here to Arenanet and all the people that figured out how Season 2 was going to work and how it all came to fruition.

The releases so far have been some of the most fun I’ve had playing in any game for a long time.

While Season 1 had really nice ideas behind it, i think a lot of people can agree it just didn’t ‘work’. It felt rushed and it was always arguably unfair if you couldnt get it done in time. The story wasn’t well paced either.

But so far in season 2 we are getting a crazy good amount of content. Each chapter has so much great dialogue and story in it that I’m actually enthralled finding out what happened. I’m so much more in the story of the world now. I was expecting it to end at every turn but it just kept going and a new story section would keep me exploring.

The new map Dry Top is unique and beautiful as the rest of Tyria and the method of drip feeding the players the unfolding world story is I think a brilliant solution to a ‘living world’.

I know many MMOs struggle finding the balance of levelling content and end game. And GW2 honestly felt like it was one of those MMOs. Once you finished the story, this game didn’t feel as well designed for end game (in my opinion). But with season 2, we now have ‘levelling content’ as a PART of our end game. I think it’s amazing that the developers can achieve that and I hope it stands as an example for many more games in the world to try and copy.

GREAT job Anet team. You’ve come up with an amazing system and amazing content and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

tldr;
Season 2 has solved nearly all the issues I had with Season 1. It has an amazing level and quantity of content in each story stage and it’s well written so I am more interested in the lore. I think the developers need to hear a thank you from me. So, Thank you Thanks for making such an awesome game that gives so much more to the players than other games do

Posted by: Arshavir.1652

Arshavir.1652

I have to agree with what Jatacid has said. You’ve done a great job with LS2 so far and thank you for listening to us Arena Net!

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

I have to agree as well. I am loving Season 2 so far and really enjoy the Dry Top map. Thank you Anet!

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

(edited by Gregori.5807)

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Yup I agree with you Op season 2 is quality stuff gj Anet.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Yes, season 2 is a great job so far.

I have 8 lv80.

In LS 1 I will only bring 1 character into doing the LS stuffs.

In LS 2, I have 2 characters already done story ups to chapter 3, the 3rd one is coming…

So yea, i am enjoying the whole season 2.