Thanks ANET for the 10K drink achievement!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

Seriously, I have been farming the drinks and selling them for 3 nights, and I think before wintersday is over I will have enough gold to finish my ascended and a good chunk towards a legendary.

Sure I won’t have winter’s presence, but I don’t like it anyway! lol

So there is a bright side for some with this huge requirement!

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

Yea I already made 100g just casualy playing mini games.

But my friend who is no-lifing an farming gifts 24/7 already made over 500g. Just a few days after Wintersday started.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’m thanking anet for making everybody buy up runes of Snowfall.

I was buying them at 7 copper and intending to sell them at 26 copper before this even hit. A stack now goes for 50 silver… Turning 18 silver to 125 gold! And even though I unloaded most of my 10-15 stacks at 10 silver, I’ve still got 2 stacks left.

7 copper to 50 silver is an impressive return.

PS

Buying up your Wintersday shoulders with karma isn’t that expensive, so you may get your shoulders too by avoiding the initial rush.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was thinking the same thing.

At the start of Wintersday I had less than 1g. Now I’ve got over 80g and that’s just from a few hours each evening working towards the achievements, opening the gifts and selling the contents.

Not that it’ll last, soon I’m going to spend it buying 21 mini gift skritt and 4 mini snowmen (so I can get all the skritt, the snowman and foostivoo) so it’ll go back out to other players.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

I’m thanking anet for making everybody buy up runes of Snowfall.

I was buying them at 7 copper and intending to sell them at 26 copper before this even hit. A stack now goes for 50 silver… Turning 18 silver to 125 gold! And even though I unloaded most of my 10-15 stacks at 10 silver, I’ve still got 2 stacks left.

7 copper to 50 silver is an impressive return.

PS

Buying up your Wintersday shoulders with karma isn’t that expensive, so you may get your shoulders too by avoiding the initial rush.

I destroyed pretty much an entire stack i had kept from last season about 2 weeks before this event, i feel like hanging myself.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Man, every time I see people posting the profits made on things like the runes I want to go shake my GM again. I was out of town for a weekend this summer and that’s when she decided to empty out our guild vault because the clutter was bothering her, without mentioning it to the guild or even the other officers (ie me). I would totally have taken the piles of things like snowfall runes into my personal gbank, which I had just unlocked. Especially since most all of those seasonal items in our gbank were things I put there in the first place for folks to use to save them farming time in the next event!

Packrats vs. neatniks, it’s never pretty.

Meanwhile since I can’t manage the JP I’ve been selling off alcohol from gifts to slowly recoup the gold spent on making Nightfury. Bell Choir is relaxing (when it’s working) other than having to dash to grab a play position I like for each round and lucrative and thus is redeeming a lot of Wintersday for me this year. Even though I think I’ll not be getting the meta thanks to the JP, and I am sad to break my streak of Toymaker titles.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can get the meta achievement without doing the jumping puzzle.

The infinite achievements count towards the meta (once each), so there’s more than enough to get it without the 2 JP achievements.

You might have to do something else you don’t enjoy (I opted for playing 6 rounds of Snowball Mayhem, which I normally avoid, instead of donating 3g), but it should be possible.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”