Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xulie.6201

Xulie.6201

The other day I did something dumb in game. On a wing and a prayer, I opened a support ticket with Anet in hopes they could fix it. Here is what I sent them:

Today I was ripping through salvaging all the rares I got from the LD leather farm (20+, nice haul). I accidentally salvaged Howl. I knew what it was, was excited when it dropped, but was between farm runs and was in a hurry getting rid of loot and just clicked on Howl before I could stop myself. sigh… If there’s nothing that can be done, I certainly understand. But, I sure was hoping maybe there was something you guys could do to help me get it back, like maybe a log you can look at to see I really did do something that dumb. Been wanting that for my Reaper main for a while, and… GAH! Thanks, guys..

I got this in response:

We are human and mistakes happen.
As a one time courtesy we’ve gone ahead and sent the Howl Warhorn to your account.
You should see the item the next time you log in.
Regards,
GM Ether Nether

Since I’ve been know to complain about Anet when they make decisions I disagree with, it’s only fair to point out when they go above and beyond. Which, in my opinion, is what they did here. So, folks at Anet, thanks very much for understanding that… things happen. I really appreciate it.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Firstly, support here are excellent. Ive encountered some seriously poor support in other mmos recently, Anet buck the trend and consistently so. I have had similar experiences where they helped me buy an armour set at a sale price after the sale ended. Of course i then found i already had an opened box of said armour in my bank a couple of days later….

Sevondly, top tip: right click your salvage tool and use the salvage all options there for salvaging where possible. Using that exclusively will guarantee never accidentally salvaging a precursor since exotic isnt in that menu.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Sometimes support will brush you off, but when you know you’re in the right I’ve never had them fail to help.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for a positive post, Xulie! I’m glad that things sorted out well for you, and am super appreciative that you took the time to post!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Firstly, support here are excellent. Ive encountered some seriously poor support in other mmos recently, Anet buck the trend and consistently so. I have had similar experiences where they helped me buy an armour set at a sale price after the sale ended. Of course i then found i already had an opened box of said armour in my bank a couple of days later….

Sevondly, top tip: right click your salvage tool and use the salvage all options there for salvaging where possible. Using that exclusively will guarantee never accidentally salvaging a precursor since exotic isnt in that menu.

Good advice. It usually works for me, except for the time I was salvaging Bloodstone Rubies (which have to be salvaged one at a time) and the game lagged for a couple of seconds and I salvaged instead an exotic trinket with a Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Green).

/cry

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

+100 to that, I’ve done a few stupid things (selling ascended to merchant, crafting the wrong gifts for legendary) and the support helped me every time it was an honest mistake.

As long as it doesn’t impact the economy of the game (for example: you’re not getting back your money from TP) they will help. Consistently and fast.

They will also provide a high quality support when you have connection issues . I don’t know if they simply follow instructions, but it feels like they actually know what they’re talking about unlike your regular ISP technician

Thanks for this post. It was indeed really needed to highlight the excellent job of the support team.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Xulie.6201

Xulie.6201

Are you kidding?? That takes the terror and suspense (and drudgery) out!

Superior bit of advice. Somehow I will retrain myself to follow it.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve been fortunate enough that I’ve rarely needed to contact Support, but every time I have they’ve been very helpful. Compared to what I hear about other games customer support I think Anet are doing a great job!

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Caracho.5923

Caracho.5923

Would love to give the same positive feedback but so far I am really disappointed in the support (and i am probably not the only one). I get it that there is a new expansion comming and so on but 8 days and still waiting for an answer is kind of ridiculous.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I love support. I had account issues and they answered my anonymous ticket in less than 24 hours last Saturday. Amazing.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Would love to give the same positive feedback but so far I am really disappointed in the support (and i am probably not the only one). I get it that there is a new expansion comming and so on but 8 days and still waiting for an answer is kind of ridiculous.

They said that there will be delays depends on the ticket’s urgency ( due to the incoming release of PoF ).
I am also waiting since 7/8 days but that’s all.

We don’t know their priority.
We wait.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

The customer support is amazing! They go above and beyond.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Yeah, I’ll add my +1 for Anet’s support. I’d happily say they’re the best game support I’ve ever dealt with.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: slpr.2647

slpr.2647

They did the same for me when i accidentally deleted me Dragons Ball Axe skin. got a ticket while the event was going on grabbed the axe skin, couple days later trashed it. a day later, had it replaced.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I’d rate the support for Guild Wars 2 among the best, if not the best in the industry. I accidentally skinned my Sunrise way back when, after having purchased a weapon skin from the Gem Store and being in the middle of dying my armor. I didn’t notice I had double clicked the GS skin item which then skinned my Sunrise when I accepted my dye colors. I quickly got help with restoring it to its “pristine” condition by Support replacing the “ruined” one with a new one and destroying the old one. Absolutely love them for this to this day. (I don’t like seeing “Transmuted” on my Legendary items. I’m weird, sure, but they helped me fix what was otherwise quite frustrating to me.) Every time I’ve been in need of help, I have gotten support within 24 hours.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea never had a negative response from support in this game truely what other games should try to live up to.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

What other companies support takes weeks or months to accomplish, Anet support takes minutes to few hours.

When my account got hacked i had it restored within a few hours, thank you support team.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

I once did such a trash-mistake too and got my item back after writing a ticket.
Such a kind support and one of the best you can wish for in an mmo.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The other day I did something dumb in game. On a wing and a prayer, I opened a support ticket with Anet in hopes they could fix it. Here is what I sent them:

Today I was ripping through salvaging all the rares I got from the LD leather farm (20+, nice haul). I accidentally salvaged Howl. I knew what it was, was excited when it dropped, but was between farm runs and was in a hurry getting rid of loot and just clicked on Howl before I could stop myself. sigh… If there’s nothing that can be done, I certainly understand. But, I sure was hoping maybe there was something you guys could do to help me get it back, like maybe a log you can look at to see I really did do something that dumb. Been wanting that for my Reaper main for a while, and… GAH! Thanks, guys..

I got this in response:

We are human and mistakes happen.
As a one time courtesy we’ve gone ahead and sent the Howl Warhorn to your account.
You should see the item the next time you log in.
Regards,
GM Ether Nether

Since I’ve been know to complain about Anet when they make decisions I disagree with, it’s only fair to point out when they go above and beyond. Which, in my opinion, is what they did here. So, folks at Anet, thanks very much for understanding that… things happen. I really appreciate it.

Anet support’s been really good when I’ve had issues like this, like I accidentally picked the wrong ascended accessory for guild commendations. Most MMO supports would have told me to just wait till the next 2 weeks when I could get another one and just not make the same mistake, Anet exchanged it for me.

Hell LotRO’s customer support’s SOP is to wait until you log off, wait 5 more minutes to see if you log back in, THEN answer your ticket with “well we can’t help you because you’re not online’, please try again later” and then closes your ticket.

So compared to the rest of the competition out there, anet’s customer support has been above and beyond.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Big 1+ from me as well.

Every time (not many, thankfully) I’ve contacted support, they’ve always done right by me. Very much appreciated.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Riplexy.3479

Riplexy.3479

I’ve only ever had issues one or twice with Support, and I’m a ridiculously stupid player that makes tons of mistakes (leaving me to contact them often, I pity them for having to deal with me).
Outside of those rare instances, they’ve always been extremely helpful to me. There are two specific GMs that really stand out too, GM Ultra Viper and GM Your Highness. They’re absolutely fantastic GMs that have gone above and beyond, in my opinion.

As for wait time? I commonly wait two days before I get a response, and that’s without logging in to my account and just submitting anonymously.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Daedraz.1650

Daedraz.1650

Without a doubt, the support from Arena Net is absolutely top notch. I have played a lot of mmos throughout my life, and Arena Net sets the bar in terms of support. A few months back, I had a bunch of magnetite shards lying around, so I figured I might as well get a viper light armor set for my necromancer. Mr. Genius here sat there clicking buy, buy, buy, on a full set of heavy armor by accident because apparently reading is hard. Arena Net fixed that for me swiftly.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

+1 bajillion zillion other large nonsense numbers

My single customer support experience was everything it should and could be. Not just other games, but I think all companies need to emulate the efficiency and non-patronizing helpfulness the support team has shown here.

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I am however, still waiting a week on for a policy statement regarding a legally grey area though, I mean, I understand, it IS a tough question, Gaile Grey couldn’t answer it and deferred to customer support. It’s not even something Im looking to do myself but I did have a friend who had a name with a reference to smoking weed in it, which at the time was illegal in every state in the country outside of medical use, so it was a reference to illegal activity, which is against the game’s naming rules. However now it’s legal in Washington where Anet is based and several other states, and even some countries, so it becomes a grey area. I’m curious, so I’m asking them.. no response yet, but I understand

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Thanks, Anet, Sincerely.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

After getting more and more forum posts removed 2 years ago for no actual reasons, I was so upset I ranted in a ticket and that I did not want an automated response by a computer nor a pre-written text module but a human person. The response was from Gaile and it was like “Hi, I am Gaile, and I am a human” or something like that. Since that I knew this company has actual staff and the freedom of their boss to talk to us customers/humans/asura instead of pushing out meaningless, mind-numbing brackets of what they would probably call a customer “service”.

Have you tried to contact the Square Enix support in FF14? Full with pre-written text, none of them are helpful, it’s all over this “We are super, super, super, super, super, super², super³ sorry, but.. well, f.u. and suck it up” stuff. They never did sort ANY of my 4 problems out, I even had to cancel their SEPA agreement because their “support” would not deactivate debit payment for subscription renewal. Yes, they announced to charge me after quitting while I already played this beautiful game despite I told them to remove me from auto-renewal programs.. Nope, not even that happened.

In general, ArenaNet, the product (GW2) and everything around it is a real balm on the soul of any video gamer. I wish I could spend more money in gems to show my appreciation though, but there is nothing that suits an Asura thief…

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)