Thanks Anet for the good times

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gimrob.9071

gimrob.9071

I been playing his game for a long while but it looks like many vets it time to move on. I never bought HOT but I do not see a reason to. $50 for so little content.

I love how ANET said multi times in live chat, that the new classes would not be OP in pvp. A clear bold face lie. Or it just your match maker so bad losing 10 matches in a row is fun. And it been that way for almost a year. I am still in shock that you removed solo q.

With dungeon running made not worth the time.

FOTM old content u have to pay for.

Following the SW zerg got boring the first few weeks it came out.

That being said if you new I did find the content fun and many hours of fun.

Good luck

Posted by: TexY.2350

TexY.2350

Yes this is the last time I am buying something from Anet.
I made the mistake of buying because all friends and guildies were geting it. But I always had the feel that the expansion would never deliver the content och quality even close worth of 50€
(To be fair, it would and should include as much as the basegame or any new game)

We got: 4 new zones, 1 new wvw, 1 new class, 1 new traitlines for all existing classes. A rushed story, mastery system and legendarie journey. That’s what we got from the box.

To compare with a random other MMO-expansion for 25€ I got.
2 new classes, 6 new dungeons, 1 raid, 3 new traitlines for each class, longer story, 9 new zones and it’s own legendary weapon system and even more dungeons/raids in future updates. For half the price. :s

Posted by: Heart Beat.4987

Heart Beat.4987

Can I has all you guys stuff please

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I’ll take your stuff if you are leaving! Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of it, it’ll have a good home

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

In a previous game I played, quitters used to make videos of themselves destroying all their characters gear. It was a very grindy game so the videos represented destruction of months and months of hard slog. They really had shock value.

They were the real deal macho quitters.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Or if you’re a long time player, with masses of hoarded mats/equip that’s valuable. Just crash a market or two on the way out. :P

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I’m a really hardcore player but I never bought the expansion and find paying 50$ for thousands of game hours played to be too much.

Sure………you really sound like a dedicated player.

Do you realize how bored and cliche these types of “I quit posts” are? Oh this is your first mmo so you think it’s new.

Posted by: KhanKatir.4038

KhanKatir.4038

I’m a really hardcore player but I never bought the expansion and find paying 50$ for thousands of game hours played to be too much.

Do you realize how bored and cliche these types of “I quit posts” are? Oh this is your first mmo so you think it’s new.

Ad hominem, strawman, and hypbole all in one post. Gratz.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

even if i dont count the pure experience farms that i did

i got far more hours out of the expansion already than out of the average single player campaign 60 euro game

so i got more fun playtime for less money and i will most likely still have quite a bit of fun playtime to come

seems like a good deal to me

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

Now that’s funny. +1

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

Some of the best times I’ve had so far have been in the expac areas. I don’t know what all the whining is about.

$50 for a one time/no-sub expansion seems reasonable to me, but then again value is subjective.

Posted by: TexY.2350

TexY.2350

Some of the best times I’ve had so far have been in the expac areas. I don’t know what all the whining is about.

$50 for a one time/no-sub expansion seems reasonable to me, but then again value is subjective.

I suppose it’s subjective. But compare this xpac and the basegame. You got 10% for the same price in content.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Now that’s funny. +1

+one more.
Read through his prev posts, well over the first 2 pages anyway. It vacillates between telling people that the game isn’t P2W to complaining that Anet want to make it super grindy to force people to buy mats with real cash and people should just splash cash on the game to get to the end. :P

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

(edited by Scoundrel.2139)

Posted by: peppercosmo.6791

peppercosmo.6791

you could always worked for the gold and buy it with gems. It shouldn’t be that hard if you play that much.

Either way I think 50 dollar for the maps we got was disappointing. Yeah they added the raid but it requires 10 people and massive amount of time to play. Something not the average player have so you can’t count that into the content, most of us have paid for. I am extremely sad about the fractals since it is the only content I can really do all the time ( ever since the dungeon issues)

I wish we could have had 5 men challenging content instead of 10 that requires long hours that an average person just simply don’t have.

I did enjoy the expansion but I do not think it was worth 50 maybe 35?

Posted by: Kyle.5931

Kyle.5931

To compare with a random other MMO-expansion for 25€ I got.
2 new classes, 6 new dungeons, 1 raid, 3 new traitlines for each class, longer story, 9 new zones and it’s own legendary weapon system and even more dungeons/raids in future updates. For half the price. :s

+ monthly subscription.