Thanks, Looking forward to the new patch [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: camoflaugz.5031

camoflaugz.5031

First off none of us know how this will turn out but I for one am very excited about the Ascended gear and Im excited for the new dungeon. I barely log into the game anymore because there is nothing for me to do thats interesting anymore. What are people afraid of? because they have to get new gear? what a joke, its just gear whats the problem with that? This is an MMO, makes me wonder what people are actually doing in the game because I could barely even log in anymore because I need a goal to keep playing. Now don’t get me wrong I might not like this but I’m willing to try anything new thats added and to me getting gear is not a big deal. Im used to it already and I’m sure that majority of MMO players are used to it. Its a natural thing in MMO’s. Anet, good move on this one, I just hope the new gear looks nice:)

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

+1, Im very excited for all that this update has to offer

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: mjalkar.5284

mjalkar.5284

First off none of us know how this will turn out but I for one am very excited about the Ascended gear and Im excited for the new dungeon. I barely log into the game anymore because there is nothing for me to do thats interesting anymore. What are people afraid of? because they have to get new gear? what a joke, its just gear whats the problem with that? This is an MMO, makes me wonder what people are actually doing in the game because I could barely even log in anymore because I need a goal to keep playing. Now don’t get me wrong I might not like this but I’m willing to try anything new thats added and to me getting gear is not a big deal. Im used to it already and I’m sure that majority of MMO players are used to it. Its a natural thing in MMO’s. Anet, good move on this one, I just hope the new gear looks nice:)

the fact is this game was not intended to be a “get new gear” if not just from the look of it. This game has been HEAVILY sold as a Refreshing game, in which you would have to work hard just for LOOKING kitten, not for being kitten. I don’t know what kind of slope this new itemization process is going to add, the fact is that this kind of slope SHOULD not exist at all, not even in a form of a symbolic 1% of increase, becuase they bragged HARD of creating a refreshing product. They EVEN put a blog post on “GW2 Unique End Game” and I don’t recall they were talking about “getting new tier of equip there” .. so this is clearly a contradiction and an eye wink for that kind of playerbase that DO NOT BELONG to a game like this.

Posted by: Payback.4526

Payback.4526

Well, I hope u will not be angry when u realize that the new gear will only be best in slot for the new dungeon and not for WvW or other PVE Content because u dont get Sigils/Runes.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Yea i can’t wait for it.A little more waiting and then i’ll be more than happy:)

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Jrunyon.3012

the fact is this game was not intended to be a “get new gear” if not just from the look of it. This game has been HEAVILY sold as a Refreshing game, in which you would have to work hard just for LOOKING kitten, not for being kitten. I don’t know what kind of slope this new itemization process is going to add, the fact is that this kind of slope SHOULD not exist at all, not even in a form of a symbolic 1% of increase, becuase they bragged HARD of creating a refreshing product. They EVEN put a blog post on “GW2 Unique End Game” and I don’t recall they were talking about “getting new tier of equip there” .. so this is clearly a contradiction and an eye wink for that kind of playerbase that DO NOT BELONG to a game like this.

This isnt the thread for you whining, kindly take it to the numerous other threads available to you.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

People buy a game because it promises them something.
Other people buy a game because it’s new.

Other people complain because they knew nothing about the game, want it to be like every other game on the market.
People who bought the game because they were told it would never have what other people are asking for are told to deal with it, their informed purchase means nothing.

wat?

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

mjalkar.5284

Well, I hope u will not be angry when u realize that the new gear will only be best in slot for the new dungeon and not for WvW or other PVE Content because u dont get Sigils/Runes.

neither me or you knows what kind of impact this new mechanic will have, i’m not angry because i suspect that there will be unbalancing, i’m “angry” because this sudden change of direction was, for me and for other players being attracted by new mecanics too, not needed.

camoflaugz.5031

I still don’t see the problem? Theres some gear that I want right now but I don’t even wanna bother doing the work because grinding the same de’s in orr is not fun at all just to get a karma cosmetic. Now if I gotta get some type of gear or stats to enter a new dungeon then atleast there’s a good reason to put my time in.

mjalkar.5284

This isnt the thread for you whining, kindly take it to the numerous other threads available to you.

i take my “whining” whenever i feel it belongs. If you think this should be the “happy ponies and rainbow” thread, report my replies (which btw are polite and not insulting to anyone, just expalining my points) and make the a.net team delete them if they think it’s inappropriate.

mjalkar.5284

I still don’t see the problem? Theres some gear that I want right now but I don’t even wanna bother doing the work because grinding the same de’s in orr is not fun at all just to get a karma cosmetic. Now if I gotta get some type of gear or stats to enter a new dungeon then atleast there’s a good reason to put my time in.

that would not be a problem if the game wasn’t marketed as something different. I’m just mad at the contradiction they’re having with their manifesto. I follow this game since the first announcement and was a huge fan of the previous game too. I dislike this kind of itemization because do not belong to the a.net style. They should invest in new interesting, dungeons, mechanics, way to do thins.. that’s how we feel, simpe enough.

camoflaugz.5031

if you can’t log in because you do not have gear to farm you can go play pandas.

No, I can’t log in because there is nothing to do now. Getting cosmetics is the ONLY thing I can think of at this point but I’m not gonna do that because there is no reason to do that other than looks, theres no goal behind it.

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

Before you read what I’m about to say. I fully support Ascended items.

From the blog:
“The stats and functionality normally added to gear through upgrade components are actually built into Ascended items.”

Jrunyon.3012

that would not be a problem if the game wasn’t marketed as something different. I’m just mad at the contradiction they’re having with their manifesto. I follow this game since the first announcement and was a huge fan of the previous game too. I dislike this kind of itemization because do not belong to the a.net style. They should invest in new interesting, dungeons, mechanics, way to do thins.. that’s how we feel, simpe enough.

Uh, how about the NEW INTERESTING DUNGEON MECHANIC that youre whining about? Thats all the armor is for if you didnt know that, its a way for people who are looking for a greater challenge.

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

can’t wait for the new ascended gear
too bad it’s not a full set armor

mjalkar.5284

Uh, how about the NEW INTERESTING DUNGEON MECHANIC that youre whining about? Thats all the armor is for if you didnt know that, its a way for people who are looking for a greater challenge.

Brilliant. Let’s add new armor tiers for doing this dungeon. Then What ? 3 months from now : NEW dungeon and Evolved Ascended WOOOOOOOOOHO !!

It’s not the ADDITION itself. It’s the PROCESS that bothers me. I don’t want this game to be “you need X armor set for doing Y dungeon”. I would have played WOW or RIFT if i wanted something like that.

Trickyg.8752

can’t wait for the new ascended gear
too bad it’s not a full set armor

It will be eventually!

“Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content.”

camoflaugz.5031

I seriously wanna know what people are doing in pve right now? Your not running dungeons for gear? your not doing dungeons or orr for karma to get gear? C’mon you gotta be grinding something at this point.

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

GW purists: how dare you support this evil choice…

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: dangerhunt.2607

dangerhunt.2607

I am with you OP, I am very excited for this new content.
I will definitly willing to give the new twist a try before judging it.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Yeah, loving this kind of updates!! new gear new dungeons awesome!

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Trickyg.8752

Yeah, I don’t think anyone even read the blog post and are still bashing it for all the wrong reasons.

mjalkar.5284

I seriously wanna know what people are doing in pve right now? Your not running dungeons for gear? your not doing dungeons or orr for karma to get gear? C’mon you gotta be grinding something at this point.

Yeah i’m running dungeons and did not need a specific armor set for running them. I just need 4 people and skills. This games was being marketed as a skill-based game. This mecanics favours ITEMS over skills, FOR NOW. Until i’m being contradicted (and I would be happy if proofs will make me stand corrected, mind you(, for the tidbit of infos they prepared, i’ll continue “whining” (as you say). It’s not that GRINDING that bothers me. IT’s the “grindind or you won’t be able to do that” that bothers me.

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

nah, it is OK to farm 2 events over and over again on Orr just to get enough stuffs for Legendary skin, but it is not OK to grind the new dungeon to get a new tier of gear that provide you with minor stats boost…

get that?

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Jrunyon.3012

Yeah i’m running dungeons and did not need a specific armor set for running them. I just need 4 people and skills. This games was being marketed as a skill-based game. This mecanics favours ITEMS over skills, FOR NOW. Until i’m being contradicted (and I would be happy if proofs will make me stand corrected, mind you(, for the tidbit of infos they prepared, i’ll continue “whining” (as you say). It’s not that GRINDING that bothers me. IT’s the “grindind or you won’t be able to do that” that bothers me.

Why dont you wait for the update to actually release and try it out for proof? No, I guess that would be the sensible and mature thing to do right? So far all I see is baseless arguments running on a mere notion that somehow you wont be able to compete at all in this dungeon without this new armor, which I guarantee is not the case.

Nesmee – Thief

camoflaugz.5031

nah, it is OK to farm 2 events over and over again on Orr just to get enough stuffs for Legendary skin, but it is not OK to grind the new dungeon to get a new tier of gear that provide you with minor stats boost…

get that?

actually No i dont get that. Your idea of fun is grinding orr? sorry but that is not fun to me. I have to get 42k or 43k " i forgot the exact number" karma for each piece just for looks. Look if you got the time to get a legendary then getting new gear should be a breeze. Fun to me is having a goal so if it requires gear that has new stats so I can do something fun with it then I’m all for it. Its better than just doing something for looks which has no goal behind it at all.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

No, that will make things slightly better and I hadn’t thought of that. Assuming thats the case

mjalkar.5284

Why dont you wait for the update to actually release and try it out for proof? No, I guess that would be the sensible and mature thing to do right? So far all I see is baseless arguments running on a mere notion that somehow you wont be able to compete at all in this dungeon without this new armor, which I guarantee is not the case.

because A.net needs to be remembered what’s their focus. They are starting an “itemization” process. I do not know where it will head. I don’t want it to head to a pointless grind just for clearing the next dungeon. I don’t know what they have on their mind. They are not being clear on this point. Until then, i’ll keep “whining”.

You can’t garantee anything as i can’t garantee the contrary of what you (And i) hope is going to happen.

I’m only sure about one, single, bothering thing : i don’t want this game to be elitist-friendly. And this kind of itemization COULD bring the game toward that direction. I don’t know if it will, or it will be just a “new thing to do” but until i’m getting concrete proof that this will not be the case, i have the right to express my concerns about this system which has CAUSED the downfall to other games i liked.

(edited by mjalkar.5284)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

get that?

actually No i dont get that. Your idea of fun is grinding orr? sorry but that is not fun to me. I have to get 42k or 43k " i forgot the exact number" karma for each piece just for looks. Look if you got the time to get a legendary then getting new gear should be a breeze. Fun to me is having a goal so if it requires gear that has new stats so I can do something fun with it then I’m all for it. Its better than just doing something for looks which has no goal behind it at all.

I think you missed his point entirely..

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

No, that will make things slightly better and I hadn’t thought of that. Assuming thats the case

Upgrades are already built in, so yes you do get them.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Jrunyon.3012

Source?

Nesmee – Thief

mjalkar.5284

Source?

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Ascended-EN.png

the white stats you see on the left ring are the Built-in upgrades. And they are “slightly” powerful then the orbs. Just saying .. we need to see that 3% magic find how translates on plain stat rings and how it will translates in the future on armors and weapons .. that’s my concern.

(edited by mjalkar.5284)

camoflaugz.5031

Ok I still dont get it… What are people doing in pve? its either your in orr grinding de’s or your in a dungeon. How many times can you run that dungeon over and over again without doing it for gear and not get bored? What is everybody doing in pve that I don’t know about because those are the only things I can think of doing at this point.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Looking forward to the weekend! Most of our guild will be playing and I am sure we will have alot of fun!

The screens I have seen looks wonderfull as everything else in this game, the dungeon mechanic sounds awsome! And some new stuff to get while you are at it I am so eager to try it out! It’s like being a child days before christmas

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

mjalkar.5284

Ok I still dont get it… What are people doing in pve? its either your in orr grinding de’s or your in a dungeon. How many times can you run that dungeon over and over again without doing it for gear and not get bored? What is everybody doing in pve that I don’t know about because those are the only things I can think of doing at this point.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/

this is what they intended by end game.

Now they’re adding a superior tier of jewels (for now) and then : armor and weapons.

This is in contradiction of what they intended to give us in the first place. Equip should not be the end-game reward..

camoflaugz.5031

Looking forward to the weekend! Most of our guild will be playing and I am sure we will have alot of fun!

The screens I have seen looks wonderfull as everything else in this game, the dungeon mechanic sounds awsome! And some new stuff to get while you are at it I am so eager to try it out! It’s like being a child days before christmas

Looking forward to it too:)

camoflaugz.5031

Now they’re adding a superior tier of jewels (for now) and then : armor and weapons.

This is in contradiction of what they intended to give us in the first place. Equip should not be the end-game reward..

The only contradiction I notice is that there is a heavy grind that leads to nowhere right now. Seriously all there is to do is grind de’s in orr or dungeons but once you have the gear from the dungeons its all cosmetics after that and if your not into cosmetics then whats left? I would much rather get gear to be able to do other things not just for looks. I don’t know if I fall in the hardcore category and thats why I might be in favor of this but I don’t see this as being hardcore at all. This is normal to me, I mean throughout the game everybody progressed in gear in one form or the other. You not wearing level 2 gear in a level 80 exp dungeon.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Well as a pver i do jumping puzzles,Keg brawl,dungeons.I don’t like Orr.My foot doesn’t step there.I farm other high level lands.
I’m killing world bosses from time to time.
There are many things that i do in pve.
For instance i for 1st time discovered the jumping puzzles.And was doing them only whole week lol.Once i did the achievements i started farming only the most interesting puzzles.
At some point i was interested in world completion.
I am NOT interested in legendairy and i won’t farm it.It’s hell of a work.

New contet for me is always welcomed.
So +1 from me for novembers patch.

I think people always react too much over nothing.Right now we know little,very little.
Calm down and wait for the patch.Then decide do you like it or not.
For me GW2 is good game.It took me from WoW and i never turned back.
I have 500 hours played and still have a blast and all that free content is great to the game.In my opinion atleast.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

camoflaugz.5031

Well as a pver i do jumping puzzles,Keg brawl,dungeons.I don’t like Orr.My foot doesn’t step there.I farm other high level lands.
There are many things that i do.

Ok you see but not everyone does jumping puzzles. I know its fun but I cant consider that end game, to me its just an option to do when you feel like doing it. You farm other high level lands but heres the thing, your still farming… Getting new gear in this new patch is no different then what your doing right now.. your still farming for something, and who knows it might even be more fun than what your doing right now. The more things to do the better.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I like what the new patch is going to bring as well and can’t wait to try it all out in-game! A big thank you arenanet keep up the good work!

mjalkar.5284

Ok you see but not everyone does jumping puzzles. I know its fun but I cant consider that end game, to me its just an option to do when you feel like doing it. You farm other high level lands but heres the thing, your still farming… Getting new gear in this new patch is no different then what your doing right now.. your still farming for something, and who knows it might even be more fun than what your doing right now. The more things to do the better.

The only contradiction I notice is that there is a heavy grind that leads to nowhere right now. Seriously all there is to do is grind de’s in orr or dungeons but once you have the gear from the dungeons its all cosmetics after that and if your not into cosmetics then whats left? I would much rather get gear to be able to do other things not just for looks. I don’t know if I fall in the hardcore category and thats why I might be in favor of this but I don’t see this as being hardcore at all. This is normal to me, I mean throughout the game everybody progressed in gear in one form or the other. You not wearing level 2 gear in a level 80 exp dungeon.

It’s not about being hardcore. It’s about that the core of the game was not gear progression as intended as in stats they provide. I’m following the game since it was announced and this should have been an horizontal progression system. It’s ok to introduce new armor, new weapons, new accessories. But they should not overlap the previous in any way.

They could have release same power items but with different stats combinations. So that if you would like to have a different setup (but with the same power output) you could choose to achieve those things for the sake of diversity and horizontal progression that this game was advertised for.

It’s normal “for you” to have a gear progression. I’ts not normal for other people that are sick of this kind of end-game and wish something different, something promised, something now abandoned in favor of the old classics ..

camoflaugz.5031

It’s not about being hardcore. It’s about that the core of the game was not gear progression as intended as in stats they provide. I’m following the game since it was announced and this should have been an horizontal progression system. It’s ok to introduce new armor, new weapons, new accessories. But they should not overlap the previous in any way.

They could have release same power items but with different stats combinations. So that if you would like to have a different setup (but with the same power output) you could choose to achieve those things for the sake of diversity and horizontal progression that this game was advertised for.

It’s normal “for you” to have a gear progression. I’ts not normal for other people that are sick of this kind of end-game and wish something different, something promised, something now abandoned in favor of the old classics ..

I really dont understand it still because even in this game I worked for exotics.. I could have done probably anything in blue or greens but exotics made things much better and I put in the time for it. I don’t mind putting time for something else. I guess thats just me. So what you want is for them to just add new content and you can just walk in there with the same old gear all the time? The game wont last like that, people will burn through the new content so easy all the time. You never know, it might not be as bad as you think and you might actually enjoy it, will see what happens.

mjalkar.5284

If you don’t have infused items you will get to a point in which you can’t stand the agony DoT tick. Supposedly if you don’t have an offensive infusion you could not kill a certain type of new mobs because they’re tough.

So if you want to fully clear the new content you need to obtain the ascended items which, being stronger then exotic and on par with legendaries (as said in the last post) i expect to be more DIFFICULT to obtain.

THIS is the kind of circular mechanic i don’t want to kick in.

It may not be as bad as i think and i really hope that this will be the case. But i have to express my concerns on a system that was not intended to be there and was clearly rushed to satisfy a part of the playerbase which is “whining” becuase there’s not gear progression.

Gear progression wasn’t supposed to be here and now it’s here becuase of the devs being frustrated on how fast we reached their intended gear caps, in just three months (which is a direct consequence of letting people buy that kind of gear with real money).

What will happen then when they release new expansion ? level cap, other tier, rinse and repeat? GW1 in 7 years never needed a level cap, or another set of armor, Okay, gw1 was not a proper mmo but it worked.

(edited by mjalkar.5284)

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Thank you too.
I never feel this excited before.

I see that there’s more players in the game now occupied with farming gold to prepare for the new set of gears crafting/farming. This is a weekday too. It feels just like when I started playing this game.

Before that, even in weekends, I see no less than 5-10 people doing DEs. Now they have a reason to play, I see like 30-50 players doing DE right now. They have a reason to play the game after reading about the ascended gears.

Don’t listen to those minority players who want everything without effort. They already have access to 100% of the content and fun (full raid, pve, story and maps). But now they want to be at equal level with those who make efforts? It’s too much. The dedicated ones should be rewarded and not disregarded.

Thank you anet. You made a good choice.
Many players are welcoming the ascended gears.

camoflaugz.5031

If you don’t have infused items you will get to a point in which you can’t stand the agony DoT tick.

So if you want to fully clear the new content you need to obtain the ascended armors which, being stronger then exotic and on par with legendaries (as said in the last post) i expect to be more DIFFICULT to obtain.

THIS is the kind of circular mechanic i don’t want to kick in.

It may not be as bad as i think and i really hope that this will be the case. But i have to express my concerns on a system that was not intended to be there and was clearly rushed to satisfy a part of the playerbase which is “whining” becuase there’s not gear progression.

Gear progression wasn’t supposed to be here and now it’s here becuase of the devs being frustrated on how fast we reached their intended gear caps, in just three months.

What will happen then when they release new expansion ? level cap, other tier, rinse and repeat? GW1 in 7 years never needed a level cap. Okay, gw1 was not a proper mmo but it worked.

Well I’m defending it right now but if its anything on par of what it takes to get a legendary then Ill be pretty upset but Im just going on gut instinct that it shouldn’t be that bad with it being between exotic and legendary.. We will find out how tough it will be to obtain. Right now we can only speculate.

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

Yay, something to work start working on after i just got my exotic set

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

oh well i needed i new sig it seems….

Minority…..

Actually we have just one fact:
A significant number of forum posters hates the patch and they are more than those who likes it.

Prove the opposite rather than using old excuses for people who lacks arguments….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

mjalkar.5284

Well I’m defending it right now but if its anything on par of what it takes to get a legendary then Ill be pretty upset but Im just going on gut instinct that it shouldn’t be that bad with it being between exotic and legendary.. We will find out how tough it will be to obtain. Right now we can only speculate.

Yeah that’s just speculation in a nutshell, but history is the best teacher. And this feels just like history repeating itself and that’s why many like me are going “crazy whine mode”. We just want to A.net to know that we don’t need another grinding game, leave grinding just for aesthetics and let dedication and skill be the real effort needed to clear new content.

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

I too am looking forward to this new content.

I don’t get all the whiners, my guildies included.

You paid $60 for an mmo, something that would usually cost you that again in just 4 months. If you havnt gotten $60 worth of content in the time it takes you to reach this new content, then you have some pretty high standards.

Yes its new gear, yes it might be a gear treadmill. No it is not at the moment, especially because they said the infusion slot is limited to the Ascended gear for now. They can and hopefully will add this power boost to normal gear down the line, making it on par with the dungeon gear.

If you are still unhappy, well then go be unhappy, you paid your money, you got your experience, you played their game. You are not paying them any more money so don’t tell them what they should do, it is their game and they can do what they want with it.

Personally, I still think the game will be fun, and I will still play it, but if you want to leave because of this “treadmill” be my guest, just stop going to message boards and complaining. Those of us who want to play the game will, we dont want to hear your whining.

Regards,

Rurik

Posted by: JCrimson.3248

JCrimson.3248

Tons of my friends will be coming back. My guild now has personal goals to progress together. We are all super excited to see what more is to come! Thank you very much for making this game better!