Thanks, Looking forward to the new patch [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mylo.1247

Mylo.1247

or any other any MMO, like Aion, Allods, ROM and so on…

Posted by: JCrimson.3248

JCrimson.3248

Looking forward to the new content! Great choice IMO. Game has a point now! Guild has goals now! Way to go ANET! Thank you again!

Posted by: noskill.6294

noskill.6294

i agree with crimson, this is a great update.

Posted by: Natural.7013

Natural.7013

This isn’t a grind. This is the risk/reward this game is missing. Bring us more depth. I know some of you enjoy standing around in LA with you entitlement exotic gear though.

Posted by: Ral.5326

Ral.5326

Tons of my friends will be coming back. My guild now has personal goals to progress together. We are all super excited to see what more is to come! Thank you very much for making this game better!

Same. People i know are very excited for the game again and no one has a problem with it like some on the forums seems to have. To me it’s fantastic news and this update will make me start logging in again, can’t wait.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

I’ll say it again, more people in the game is a plus. Maybe my server will start looking a little more lively since all of the people abandoned it to be on the “winning side” on other servers or outright quit.

Posted by: Azarul.2064

Azarul.2064

TBH because of all the hate that has been generated even before we know for sure what is going to happen I am all for the ascended gear. I am just upset to see so many go against Anet without 100% proof of whats happening.

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

Would be nice if this were true, but sarcasm smells all over it.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

This isn’t a grind. This is the risk/reward this game is missing. Bring us more depth. I know some of you enjoy standing around in LA with you entitlement exotic gear though.

i’ve never stayed idle in LA more than 20~30min, and that’s usually when i have to go afk, everytime i get in the game i have something to do, i keep doing dungeons to get some cosmetics, gotta get the HotW shoes, maybe the SF shoulders, the CoE chest, also still have about 40% of the map to explore… i dont need or want any more grindy stuff, legendarys are enough… seriously.

@Azarul: well i don’t think there is any player here who wouldn’t go for the ascended gear, even if its a pain, if you put something better, everyone wants it… but it gets tiring, so instead of people not going for that gear, they will just leave, i left WoW because the eternal grind and those kitten anoying dailies became just like a freaking job… I only hope GW2 doesn’t go in that direction, i really hope this ascended gear is the 1st and last stat upgrade introduced

(edited by korelg.7862)

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

1/10 for effort.

0/10 for originality.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Roger Smithee.4730

Roger Smithee.4730

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/JCrimson-5921/showposts

This guy’s post history looks suspect..

But maybe he’s just a happy sunshine type of guy like me

JCrimson.3248

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/JCrimson-5921/showposts

This guy’s post history looks suspect..

But maybe he’s just a happy sunshine type of guy like me

meh, I don’t post much but read tons. I post only when I feel it is important. They are changing the game and personally sounds for the better IMO. I want to support this move.

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

Yes its new gear, yes it might be a gear treadmill. No it is not at the moment, especially because they said the infusion slot is limited to the Ascended gear for now. They can and hopefully will add this power boost to normal gear down the line, making it on par with the dungeon gear.

It IS a gear treadmill, it IS, right now. That’s how it works. There’s a Best Tier of gear, and then, a few months later — there’s a new Best Tier of gear.

That has just happened, and the blog post said it’s just the beginning of their gear progression. GW2 is now a gear treadmill game.

They said it would not be, promised it wasn’t going to have vertical gear progression. Now it does.

They won’t add the infusion slot to normal gear later, what they will do later is add gear more powerful than Ascended gear. That’s a gear treadmill. That’s how it works.

Or do you think the people who were crying that exotics were too easy to get will he happy? 2 months from now? After they have all the newest Best Tier of gear, do you honestly think they won’t cry about not having new gear to chase? THAT’S WHAT THEY DO! They cry in Pandacraft about running out of progression, you think they won’t here?

So what happens? Well, at this point, it’s not even a big deal. Anet has introduced gear progression, so now it’s here, so now when that happens it’s not as big of a deal to introduce Extra-Ascended gear in their Valentine’s Day patch.

And suddenly I’m playing a kitteny game that I never wanted to play again, and suddenly I’m only being rewarded for running the newest dungeons, not the ones that I have been doing for kicks (I am and have been in entirely exotics, I do them because it’s entertaining and because I DON’T HAVE TO).

I got this game because I was promised this garbage would NOT be here.
Other people got this game and were angry because there wasn’t gear progression, despite its absence being a pretty big point.
So now we’ve got people who followed the game and were excited about what the game was going to be — they’re getting kitten on.
And the people who just bought a new game and want it to be like every other MMO they’ve played (and quit)? They’re getting rewarded.

Makes sense! Rather than go your own way, be the ONE AND ONLY MMO on the market that doesn’t make you grind dungeons for endgame gear.. Anet has decided that they’ll be happy just eating Panda scraps.

Disgraceful.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

JCrimson.3248

If you and your friends wanted gier grinds and “progression” you should’ve not started GW2. You are ignorant if you didn’t do your homework to see what this game is about. Or was about until ANet decided to start becoming a WoW clone.

yeah cause grinding for gear is so much fun!!

…if you really want that, go play wow

If they keep purging the design of GW2 we’ll be playing a shade of WoW soon enough, it’ll be just another formula game with different graphics and content.

Are you sure I’m the one that “didn’t do my homework” and am “Ignorant?” Because as it stands I simply bought the game and then the content moved towards my favor… All I did was make a simple “good job” thread.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Remember during the Mad King dungeon event when it was nearly impossible to run anything else because all you heard was “LFM MK”?

Well that’s the way the game is going to be now, except it won’t just be for a couple days.

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Yay!

Remove the unique selling points of the game!

So much reason to keep playing then!

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

We were better off without grindtrash tbh.

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

Posted by: melchiz.7182

melchiz.7182

When in doubt, turn your game into a WoW clone.

Posted by: Redtah.3016

Redtah.3016

Tons of my friends will be coming back. My guild now has personal goals to progress together. We are all super excited to see what more is to come! Thank you very much for making this game better!

So wait, your friends are coming back because they can acquire 3 more pieces of gear with better stats….? Is that some kind of sick joke? They will be back for one day get all the new gear and than leave again. Meanwhile Anet has angered basically every fan of the original GW1 and is stripping away one of the few things that make the games similar, to appeal to a crowd of people who are going to leave a few days after the update until the next new round of gear comes out.

No one ever knows what your talking about, so I guess you’re already there.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yeah thanks a lot Anet for dumping one of the main draws of the game. Great work. /sarcasm

Whatever happened to this….
http://www.arena.net/blog/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success#more-8572
“Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.” – Colin Johanson

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

That sounds awesome, so your friends who obviously raced through content got bored and decided they did not want to support the existing community or ANET any longer and jumped ship are coming back.

Just the sort of community this game needs.

Hope ANET enjoys its new influx of temporary players as existing ones exit through the door.

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

… And what will happen when you’ve grinded your Ascended gear and the next update is months away?

Right, you and your friends will quit again. Funny thing is, this time alot of the loyal playerbase will quit with you.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Yeah thanks a lot Anet for dumping one of the main draws of the game. Great work. /sarcasm

Whatever happened to this….
http://www.arena.net/blog/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success#more-8572
“Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.” – Colin Johanson

Yeah, that’s quite a statement which is now completly wrong, the last bolded part is sig worthy now IMO.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Great, all these guys are coming back! I am thrilled… for 3 weeks till they reach the new gear cap, leave again till anet introduces another gear tier in february. Yay, happy, happy, joy, joy. You also may want to pick up heroin addiction, seems like da thang for treadmilling.

Posted by: dangerhunt.2607

dangerhunt.2607

I am with OP. New dungeon, here we come!

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

OP got an infraction? Interesting.

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

Anet, please do not give us a new level of armour. You are abandoning your fan base for temporary players who only want to grind for the next thing with bigger numbers. They then leave once they have it.
Invest in your exciting players and give us more choice for armour without making all our hard work be for nothing. I have exotic on my main, like most do, and now I am wondering was it worth it? My answer for now it no. Why bother if it is going to be out classed in another 3 months.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Honestly, it reminds me more of what happened to Final Fantasy XIV. Did the game have a lot of problems? Sure. Was the answer to listen to the military industrial complex and revamp the game in their favor? I don’t think so. But it is what it is, and if this game goes that way as well then I’m done, because it means it’s all about Call of Doody and ’Mer’ca and that isn’t terribly fun.

Enjoy

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

As long as players don’t start excluding other that don’t have Ascended gear from normal dungeon runs, I’m ok with this. I hate when I see people spamming things like “require full Ascended for fast AC run only.” That’s when gear progression breaks game mechanics and the overall feel Anet is aiming for. If Ascended gear is only necessary for the dungeons where that gear drops, ok. If it’s something else we have to pour all of our gold & time into just to feed the Mystic Forge, i’m gonna be very sad indeed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

TBH because of all the hate that has been generated even before we know for sure what is going to happen I am all for the ascended gear. I am just upset to see so many go against Anet without 100% proof of whats happening.

it is only a handful of people lol

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

LOL!

You do realize as soon as they have the new items they’ll be just as bored as before?

Gear treadmill is an inherently unsustainable model, because in order to satisfy the people that like it, it’s required that you constantly add new tiers of gear.

There exist a huge amount of World of Warcraft clones (and WoW itself) if you want this broken, lazy and completely backwards model. It needs to stay out of GW2. It’s pure garbage.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

So many haters raging without logic, they whine can be heard all over the internet.

yeah, your oneliner there drips of logic. If you cannot elaborate on what people are wrong in your opinion, than rather stay quiet. But I guess its just easier and more fun to call out “whiner”.

Ascended gear is optional, do you want it or not? the stat difference is so small it doesn’t even matter if you’re a skilled player. I can kill a guy in exotic with rare gear masterwork.

please be more noob.

yeah, add more juvenile gamer lingo to your posts to make you look more like a teenage fool. Is this the first MMORPG you ever played? Of cause anyone really into the game will get the new, even slightly better gear – not to mention it will be gateway gear to new content that you will be excluded from without it. And do you seriously think it will stop at that? We had anet the whole summer being high and proud about oh how different they were from the rest of the industry, now the game barely is in its third month and they are taking the u-turn. Sorry, logic isn´t really your thing.

The new dungeon is optional, if you want to do the dungeon do it. If you don’t, then don’t. It’s that simple. You already have Tyria to explore, Dynamic Events, Personal Story, WvWvW, sPvP, tournament PvP. Let the hardcore endgamers have their content and stop whine.

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

So many haters raging without logic, they whine can be heard all over the internet.

yeah, your oneliner there drips of logic. If you cannot elaborate on what people are wrong in your opinion, than rather stay quiet. But I guess its just easier and more fun to call out “whiner”.

Ascended gear is optional, do you want it or not? the stat difference is so small it doesn’t even matter if you’re a skilled player. I can kill a guy in exotic with rare gear or in masterwork.

please be more noob.

People really need to stop using “it is optional” argument, of course it is optional, playing the game is optional, eating a sandwich instead of a slice of pizza is optional.

Yet look how players treat each other – a good example is Arah dungeon.

Most groups who know what they are doing do not want other players who have never been, even some groups ask to see your gear or if you have shards.

Now lets say someone wants to do the new dungeons and the future dungeons that require the “new” gear. How many people are going to be willing to take this person?

New dungeons – good
New item models/art – good
New map – good
New mechanic and powerful items – not good

Just my opinion of course.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

you are hopeless. So you think it is reasonable for the game to exclude a large number of people from major content. And what makes you think I am a casual player? But I guess you are so uberhardcore everyone pales in comparison. Pfff, delusions of grandeur.

Posted by: Ibsen.4057

Ibsen.4057

Agree with OP…cant wait. As if getting gear has been any challenge thus far. Exotics are a joke to get. So you might have to put a …. little … more effort to get ascended….so? If your already enjoying the game, you now have further rewards you can strive for. And guess what, if you dont want it, you can still do what you do now…do all the dungeons, pve, pvp…w.e.

And grinding? Most of you are grinding your butts off for that different looking armor, or weapon, or heck even the legendary weapon….for just fluff look. So dont act like you wont go for ascended which not only will give you more looks, but even reward you with minimal stat boost for your effort.

Win…win. Thanks anet

JCrimson.3248

OP got an infraction? Interesting.

yeah it was because I used the word ‘A Net" in my thread title. you aren’t supposed to “call out.” I understand.

Posted by: rikuharada.3152

rikuharada.3152

And grinding? Most of you are grinding your butts off for that different looking armor, or weapon, or heck even the legendary weapon….for just fluff look. So dont act like you wont go for ascended which not only will give you more looks, but even reward you with minimal stat boost for your effort.

Win…win. Thanks anet

But it is not mandatory grind, I can relax, take a break and return to the grind process later on for the cool cosmetic look. However, with the higher stats, it create a mandatory situation, if I dont grind “now”, in a few weeks or so, I will be excluded from group/party because my toon isnt up to date.

Posted by: zxosz.4097

zxosz.4097

how was the op infracted on this post?

Posted by: Makade.8042

Makade.8042

For those of you who hate the Ascended gear idea, quit using the excuse that “casuals will be disenfranchised” as your primary argument. Let’s be honest, casuals are very well taken care of in this game, and that will not change with the addition of Ascended gear. In fact, I am a very casual player and even I like having something to work toward at lvl 80.

Considering GW2 is so respectful of casuals as it is, and given that Arenanet is imminently aware of their own game design philosophy (so quit acting as if they have forgotten….they haven’t), why are you all being so dramatic and acting as if all casuals will just have to pack their bags and move on to some other game? Arenanet has found a very balanced solution to the age old MMO battle of the hard cores vs. the casuals – They have provided tons of casual-friendly content (most content, in fact) that will NOT suddenly disappear with Ascended gear while at the same time they are throwing a bone to the hard core players among us. This seems like a balanced and innovative approach to me. Looking forward to the implementation of this concept in GW2!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’ve got some nice exotic 80 rings to sell to you. Only 2.5g piece. Do you want them?

Ibsen.4057

Win…win. Thanks anet

But it is not mandatory grind, I can relax, take a break and return to the grind process later on for the cool cosmetic look. However, with the higher stats, it create a mandatory situation, if I dont grind “now”, in a few weeks or so, I will be excluded from group/party because my toon isnt up to date.

How do you know you will be excluded? This game relies heavily on positioning and dodging. If it was a true holy trinity system i can see more of a worry. But, you can do dungeons in this game in greens if you know how to play. So i fail to see the worry that you will be excluded. The only thing i see that will require this gear, is the new dungeon, but deep in it. And boost in stats are really a joke when you compare to most mmos that jump tiers…this is very minimal.

Posted by: Makade.8042

Makade.8042

I’ve got some nice exotic 80 rings to sell to you. Only 2.5g piece. Do you want them?

It doesn’t really matter all that much in this game.

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

We can have our gold back then right?

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.” – Colin Johanson

Ibsen.4057

You can do anything in this game in green gear…its just designed that way. So new tier gear is no problem…bring it.

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

For anyone who is worried about this gear causing a problem with people being able to get into groups, why not just be the nice guys and invite those who don’t have the gear into your groups to help them get the gear? Just because you have the gear doesn’t necessarily make you an elitist jerk, and doesn’t mean the people who have the gear will become elitist jerks. If I go for the gear while having fun in the new content, I’ll have no problem helping those that need the help if that is what they wanna do. Here is a solution, instead of complaining that there is new gear, take some time and help others, that is why I originally liked the idea of this game. People helping people with no fear of exclusion. If everyone posting here today got together with each other, no one would be excluded and everyone could get this gear.

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

I also think this is a win-win. I think people should play first before making judgements.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

That’s the attitude! The gear isn’t even the game yet but we are already feeling superior.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Yes its new gear, yes it might be a gear treadmill. No it is not at the moment, especially because they said the infusion slot is limited to the Ascended gear for now. They can and hopefully will add this power boost to normal gear down the line, making it on par with the dungeon gear.

It IS a gear treadmill, it IS, right now. That’s how it works. There’s a Best Tier of gear, and then, a few months later — there’s a new Best Tier of gear.

That has just happened, and the blog post said it’s just the beginning of their gear progression. GW2 is now a gear treadmill game.

They said it would not be, promised it wasn’t going to have vertical gear progression. Now it does.

They won’t add the infusion slot to normal gear later, what they will do later is add gear more powerful than Ascended gear. That’s a gear treadmill. That’s how it works.

Or do you think the people who were crying that exotics were too easy to get will he happy? 2 months from now? After they have all the newest Best Tier of gear, do you honestly think they won’t cry about not having new gear to chase? THAT’S WHAT THEY DO! They cry in Pandacraft about running out of progression, you think they won’t here?

So what happens? Well, at this point, it’s not even a big deal. Anet has introduced gear progression, so now it’s here, so now when that happens it’s not as big of a deal to introduce Extra-Ascended gear in their Valentine’s Day patch.

And suddenly I’m playing a kitteny game that I never wanted to play again, and suddenly I’m only being rewarded for running the newest dungeons, not the ones that I have been doing for kicks (I am and have been in entirely exotics, I do them because it’s entertaining and because I DON’T HAVE TO).

I got this game because I was promised this garbage would NOT be here.
Other people got this game and were angry because there wasn’t gear progression, despite its absence being a pretty big point.
So now we’ve got people who followed the game and were excited about what the game was going to be — they’re getting kitten on.
And the people who just bought a new game and want it to be like every other MMO they’ve played (and quit)? They’re getting rewarded.

Makes sense! Rather than go your own way, be the ONE AND ONLY MMO on the market that doesn’t make you grind dungeons for endgame gear.. Anet has decided that they’ll be happy just eating Panda scraps.

Disgraceful.

Do you know ANet’s plans? Do you work for them? Prove to me that in the future they are going to add more tiers. Prove to me that they wont add them to older gear. Prove to me that you are right and that I am not.

You cannot, because no one can know the future. So shut up, stop whining and either play the game or leave this board because we do not need all you whiners. You paid your money, your got your time, they owe you nothing, so don’t complain.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

You paid your money, your got your time, they owe you nothing, so don’t complain.

That’s a solid path to developing a better game. Mmhmm.

To want folks to stop "whining" or to construct better arguments in support of their opinions is certainly admirable. But to imply that having a complaint is not justified or worth raising is unrealistic.

(edited by synk.6907)

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I agree, really looking forward to it. I love the overall philosophy of the game design but I’ve felt from the start that there was room for something in between exotics and legendaries. It doesn’t really feel like a new tier though, more like the introduction of a resistance set in other mmos.