in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

I also approve of the upcoming update!

Thanks, Looking forward to the new patch [Merged]

Posted by: Booning.5476

Booning.5476

Tenner on the same people posting in support last until December before saying they have all the gear and this is just a poor wow clone so they going back.

Posted by: utildai.5319

utildai.5319

What update are we talking about? Also, I find it funny how it says the OP was ‘’infracted for this post’’ to the right of the original message.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Agreed. More content more stuff to do always a postive. Anyone can skip all of this if they don’t like it.

Posted by: utildai.5319

utildai.5319

Posted by: rikuharada.3152

rikuharada.3152

And grinding? Most of you are grinding your butts off for that different looking armor, or weapon, or heck even the legendary weapon….for just fluff look. So dont act like you wont go for ascended which not only will give you more looks, but even reward you with minimal stat boost for your effort.

Win…win. Thanks anet

But it is not mandatory grind, I can relax, take a break and return to the grind process later on for the cool cosmetic look. However, with the higher stats, it create a mandatory situation, if I dont grind “now”, in a few weeks or so, I will be excluded from group/party because my toon isnt up to date.

How do you know you will be excluded? This game relies heavily on positioning and dodging. If it was a true holy trinity system i can see more of a worry. But, you can do dungeons in this game in greens if you know how to play. So i fail to see the worry that you will be excluded. The only thing i see that will require this gear, is the new dungeon, but deep in it. And boost in stats are really a joke when you compare to most mmos that jump tiers…this is very minimal.

Have you not been in Orr during the first few weeks of the game ? There are ppl making party and only accept you if you have the right gears to do “fast run” aka fully exotics. With this new implement of the “ascended” it will repeat the cycle again and further escalate ppl creating party and require your toon to be up to par in equipments

And if it is so minimal, why not just stick to exotic level then ? Why the need to add those “minimal” stats boost for ? GW is special because it doesn’t require you to grind for stats but rather than look, this implement goes against all of it mandate

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Wow. Haters are worse than the risen. just infecting any forum trying to say good job. There is a different thread for complaints ya kno -_-. Anyways, I support the positive. good job anet!

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Serpenti.6753

Serpenti.6753

Don’t let these few whining posters ruin the plans for the future of GW2.

To the forum QQ’s – No one is forcing you to get this new ‘slightly’ better gear. You will still be able to do 100% of what everyone else is doing whether you choose to get complete this new content or not, so seriously just because you choose to not be on board with one update doesn’t justify a forum uproar, the patch is coming so start dealing with it. Wipe your eyes and move on. I bet you all are the same people that QQ on the forums about there being no end game, guess what here is Anet’s solution to giving you more end game, and what do you do, you freaking cry! No game is going to push out updates that you 100% agree with, so start adding your critiques in a supportive fashion. Not QQQQQQQQQQ.

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

To the forum QQ’s – No one is forcing you to get this new ‘slightly’ better gear. You will still be able to do 100% of what everyone else is doing whether you choose to get complete this new content or not, so seriously just because you choose to not be on board with one update doesn’t justify a forum uproar, the patch is coming so start dealing with it. Wipe your eyes and move on. I bet you all are the same people that QQ on the forums about there being no end game, guess what here is Anet’s solution to giving you more end game, and what do you do, you freaking cry! No game is going to push out updates that you 100% agree with, so start adding your critiques in a supportive fashion. Not QQQQQQQQQQ.

People are in an outrage, not because its a change, but because its a change that was promised would never happen.

Posted by: Tempest.9510

Tempest.9510

Wow. Haters are worse than the risen. just infecting any forum trying to say good job. There is a different thread for complaints ya kno -_-. Anyways, I support the positive. good job anet!

What is the great job ? Cloning other games ? Why don’t you play that ‘other games’ instead and leave us alone ?

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

People are in an outrage, not because its a change, but because its a change that was promised would never happen.

I’m pretty sure we’ve all read that risen forum.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

You paid your money, your got your time, they owe you nothing, so don’t complain.

That’s a solid path to developing a better game. Mmhmm.

To want folks to stop “whining” or to construct better arguments in support of their opinions is certainly admirable. But to imply that having a complaint is not justified or worth raising is unrealistic.

The thing is, people are treating this like its a sub game, where they are actually paying the company to do what they want so they can play something they enjoy. But its not, you pay once and then thats it, like a console game. People still complain about console games but nowhere near as much and developers almost never actually change the game because of these complainers. Anet shouldn’t have to either.

EDIT: And yes, I know they have already given into complaints with this new tier, but they should not have, and they should not continue to, stick to one path and dont change it. Don’t listen to the whiners, when they are not paying you money to listen to them whining.

Complaints should be taken into consideration for different/further games, not the current game.

(edited by Rurik Telmonkin.3648)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yeah, because they are going to just stop at that. Sure. You have to be bloody delusional to think that. It’s not going to stop here. It’s only going to get worse. People are angry because they were sold a game without a gear treadmill. Anet said over and over again there wouldn’t be one. Now they are turning their backs on that philosophy.

Now I have to worry about how when I come back form an absence (usually work related) I have to play catch up. One of the main draws was that you don’t have to worry about that crap. End level gear is accessible to all. The leet rare gear is grindy, but totally optional because it has equivalent stats to the normal end gear. That’s how it should work. Now they are adding ascended armor and sticking it in dungeons of all places.

http://www.arena.net/blog/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success#more-8572

The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too. – Colin Johanson

“Those who don’t are JUST as powerful”. Only that’s not the case now. Now you need to grind to be just as powerful. Cause that’s what WvW people really want to do. Grind Dungeons. -_-

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Yeah, because they are going to just stop at that. Sure. You have to be bloody delusional to think that. It’s not going to stop here. It’s only going to get worse. People are angry because they were sold a game without a gear treadmill. Anet said over and over again there wouldn’t be one. Now they are turning their backs on that philosophy.

Now I have to worry about how when I come back form an absence (usually work related) I have to play catch up. One of the main draws was that you don’t have to worry about that crap. End level gear is accessible to all. The leet rare gear is grindy, but totally optional because it has equivalent stats to the normal end gear. That’s how it should work. Now they are adding ascended armor and sticking it in dungeons of all places.

http://www.arena.net/blog/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success#more-8572

The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too. – Colin Johanson

“Those who don’t are JUST as powerful”. Only that’s not the case now. Now you need to grind to be just as powerful. Cause that’s what WvW people really want to do. Grind Dungeons. -_-

And now this, taken from the latest dev blog
“This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.”

That alludes to the intention of a gear treadmill.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I am looking forward to the new patch, lots of changes and new content, it is going to be a blast.

Should tide us over till Wintersday quite nicely.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Aedelric.1287

Agreed.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I cant wait either. when is the pay 2 win item in the cash shop starting? 15th?
The core values are now gone so pay 2 win must be on the table. How much for that the sword in the window.
Sorry for all you that got legendaries but keep shelling out cause next week there is something else.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Few?

The merged thread has 5k responses to it. That’s the biggest thread in the history of GW2. Almost all of it negative. That’s not whining; that’s complete outrage.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Its people that allow a developer to not stand by their promises that have made it the norm for a dev to completely change what their game was meant to be after its released.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Exactly!
1 of the main points of GW1, and what was supposed to be GW2, was that once you purchased the “max” level armor or weapons, that was it. Anyone could get max gear by just simply playing the game. It was a game of skill, not who could get the best gear. “Elite” gear was just the skins, like the FOW armor.
Some players saved and farmed for years to get it, it was a prestige item. Legendaries where supposed to be the same, the same stats as max level epic, but highly saught after skins. The big mistake anet made was not account binding the items needed to craft legendaries. Players just purchased the items needed, made them, then had nothing more to work towards. In the short term, they made money on the gem store, but it hurt the game in the long run. I think some players from GW1 are just feeling betrayed because it does go against everything the made GW different.
I have not made any epic armor yet, so I will just go for the ascended armor first, no big deal and honestly, I don’t think it is going to really be anything game breaking, but ant should have seen this coming. All they needed to do was have the new content be the only way to get some really cool skins, require infused armor, but only make the stats the same as epic.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

happy to see yours are coming back – mine arent. that is a little unsettling about it. at least for you it is in the right direction.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Its not a gear trendmill guys really. The gear is fitting in right between Exotic and Legendary. The goal of this was due to the “Legendary wall” that people kept smashing their faces into. There was such a gap between Legendary and Exotic it was a hindsight by Anet. They didnt think people would hit the wall as fast as they did so they are adding the new tier to relieve some of the tension and make people believe that they are progressing. The armour (when it comes out) will be less useful then exotics in PVP and WvW due to the lack of status effects other then defending against agony which is a PVE only condition. So whats the problem with them fixing a design mistake they made when making the tiers. Whats the difference if they had added the tier before launch? And its not a gear trendmill for the people who have legendary already cause they already have the top gear. A gear trendmill suggests a even stronger tier then the top tier already. Which isnt true considering Legendary is still the top tier.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Its not a gear trendmill guys really. The gear is fitting in right between Exotic and Legendary. The goal of this was due to the “Legendary wall” that people kept smashing their faces into. There was such a gap between Legendary and Exotic it was a hindsight by Anet. They didnt think people would hit the wall as fast as they did so they are adding the new tier to relieve some of the tension and make people believe that they are progressing. The armour (when it comes out) will be less useful then exotics in PVP and WvW due to the lack of status effects other then defending against agony which is a PVE only condition. So whats the problem with them fixing a design mistake they made when making the tiers. Whats the difference if they had added the tier before launch? And its not a gear trendmill for the people who have legendary already cause they already have the top gear. A gear trendmill suggests a even stronger tier then the top tier already. Which isnt true considering Legendary is still the top tier.

I’m sorry, but this alludes to a treadmill:
“This is just the beginning. In November, we’re only adding the first level of Infusions and Ascended Rings and Back slots, so that leaves us a lot of room to build upon these levels of Item progression in future content.”

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

Of all the things I wish would mercifully leave this debate, the canard that “ascended gear is between exotic and legendary” is the single biggest.

Based on what we’ve seen it is not between exotic and legendary, it’s above both of them. Legendaries and the equivalent exotic are equal statwise, whereas an ascended ring has better stats than the equivalent exotic. This is not “between” exotic and legendary in any use of the word I’m familiar with.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Well ladies and gents i have an idea as to how this is going to work in the future. Keep in mind this is an educated guess as to how the new gear will work without breaking the manifesto. First lets preface a bit.
Exotics are every where, they are in dungeons, wvw, the trading post, and from karma. To go and change all the stats for all exotics to work with the new agony mechanic would mean changing well over 400 armor pieces. In other words a programmer’s nightmare. So it is easier to add a new set and balance it to the current system.

Now before we look at numbers and dive in deeper, lets start with what we know about the orichalcum ring made with opal compared to the yakkington ring. Just looking at the slots we notice that the yakkington ring has a different slot(which i will dub the agony slot) not an upgrade slot. The new agony condition is made for dungeons. Meaning this new mechanic will not be introduced into PvP(hopefully).

Now lets get to the numbers, let’s go back to our ring example. The yakkington ring has better base stats than the opal ring by 5 power, 5 precision, and 3% magic find. The kicker is there is no gear treadmill difference between the two. Yes they are both equal. Now you may say “but 5 is clearly more than what the current exotic value is.” But instead of looking at the small picture lets look at the big one.

IF the ascended gear only accepts the agony slot and no other runes and sigils. Unless the base stats are higher to accommodate the exotic values, then the true value of the ascended gear would be less valuable than exotics. So lets dig into the math, assuming the values stay constant for the example we will use rune of the soldier for an example and compare to the hypothetically ascended values.

Superior rune of the soldier bonuses are
1set: +25 vitality
2set: +15 toughness
3set: +50 vitality
4set: +35 toughness
5set: +90 vitality
6set: shouts remove a condition.
total gained: 165 vitality, 50 toughness. remove condition.
Now i suspect since the rings were slightly buffed that the armor and weapons will be slightly changed to make up for the missing stats of 165 vitality, 50 toughness, and remove a condition.
This means that just because ascended stats are higher does not make exotics useless or dungeons useless.

Now There are potential problems with the new system, since no system is perfect. Rings, back piece, and earrings only get a jewel piece to go inside of them. Yet the ascended rings are there to balance the big problem. The big problem is what if someone goes to wvw with just the ascended rings and keeps his runed exotics on. The problem i am getting at is mixing the two system can lead to an imbalance among players. Here is my solution:

Step 1: Divide and conquer: as we saw from the last paragraph mixing sets can lead to an imbalance. Therefore Ascended jewelry must be balanced with orichalcum jewelry. Ascended armor must be balanced for runed exotics. Ascended weapons should be balanced with exotics and legendaries. This way you can’t cheat the system and the paranoia is solved.

Step 2: Choosing wisely: Some runes like superior rune of divinity may cause a balancing issue with the new sets. Take it slowly anet, and inform the player base better about what you are doing. You are in your own bracket of gaming and no one can touch that. Not even the game that shall not be named. Nor will you become its clone.

Step 3: Thank Tyria for me
For hopefully clarifying the situation for everyone. There will be no treadmill, and there will be no over-reacting to a lack of information provided by anet. When in doubt do as the moas do, squawk and look adorable.
TL;DR: The ascended gear will have higher stats to make up for the lack of runes and sigils an exotic can provide.

Aedelric.1287

Few?

The merged thread has 5k responses to it.

Half is negative half positive, most negative comments are by the same thirty or so people repeating themselves.

Even if a lot of the posts were unique that is still at most a thousand and guild wars has hundreds of thousands of people that own the game.

Logic dictates that it is the few.

Suddenflame.2601

Few?

The merged thread has 5k responses to it. That’s the biggest thread in the history of GW2. Almost all of it negative. That’s not whining; that’s complete outrage.

complete outrage from failing to understand what is going on. in my above post i stated why they are doing this and people are just calling it a gear trendmill when it isnt. Its 1 tier above exotic and 1 tier below legendary. Trendmill requires that the new gear be stronger then the previous to ensure people have to work for it for Future content. When the armour in the future is released it wont be as strong as Exotic armour in many regards such as Melandru armour dropping condition duration by 35% and stun by 15% while giving a huge boost to toughness. Ascended armour wont be able to hold the runes making them weaker in many regards espically if your trying for a specific build. As well Agony is only in PVE which means the armour with infusions would be pretty useless in WvW compared to a person with a runed out exotic. With them specifically stating that Legendaries will be buffed at the same time ascended comes out to match with the stats of ascended items.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

While I can understand that in hindsight they might go “Oops! Too big a gap!” But was there really no other better way that would have decreased that gap without the introduction of new gear with higher stats? Couldn’t it have just been new gear? Why raise the stats of legendaries if it’s just supposed to be a gap filler? Also how many more gap fillers are we going to get? Why does the journal allude to several ‘levels’ if it’s just one level?

Do you see where this is going? Because Anet went back on their words why should we believe them now?

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

Rhyse.8179

complete outrage from failing to understand what is going on. in my above post i stated why they are doing this and people are just calling it a gear trendmill when it isnt. Its 1 tier above exotic and 1 tier below legendary. Trendmill requires that the new gear be stronger then the previous to ensure people have to work for it for Future content.

It has tiers of power and rarity. That makes it a treadmill. Saying it doesn’t, and then defining it in terms of tiers is contradictory and undermines your point.

Suddenflame.2601

I’m sorry, but this alludes to a treadmill:

It does not allude to a trendmill if you keep it in context. In context they are adding more infusions in the future as stated which is the future content. Therefor ascended is the item being built upon not the entire item tier. If you remove anything from the context it can allude to something else. Keep things in context and they wont. There will be future levels of infusions which allows them a lot of room to build upon the infusions levels of item progression in future content. There i filled in your ambigious quote with the intended message. Some trend mill isnt it when they only thing your getting from it is just better infusions which are only good for pve.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Few?

The merged thread has 5k responses to it.

Half is negative half positive, most negative comments are by the same thirty or so people repeating themselves.

Even if a lot of the posts were unique that is still at most a thousand and guild wars has hundreds of thousands of people that own the game.

Logic dictates that it is the few.

By that same reasoning, it was a small few who wanted new gear tiers. shrug What can we do but go by our opinions and what we can read? Without an easy way to reach everyone, MMO forums are always going to have arguments among the most vocal, be they in support of changes or not.

Also
With all of these threads being merged, I suspect any feedback that may be gleaned from them will get overlooked. That’s too bad.

Rhyse.8179

But was there really no other better way that would have decreased that gap without the introduction of new gear with higher stats?

That’s the thing. There IS such a way, and one that they themselves have used. It’s the one that this change is based on in the first place- Infusion, from GW1 Prophecies campaign. The difference is, instead of getting new gear, you did a series of quests through multiple dungeons to get infusion added to the gear you already had, like an enchantment.

There’s no power gap there whatsoever; it’s just doing PVE content as a gateway to other PVE content. Outside of that content chain, there was no effect at all. The new gear has a new layer of power; that’s unacceptable.

Suddenflame.2601

While I can understand that in hindsight they might go “Oops! Too big a gap!” But was there really no other better way that would have decreased that gap without the introduction of new gear with higher stats? Couldn’t it have just been new gear? Why raise the stats of legendaries if it’s just supposed to be a gap filler? Also how many more gap fillers are we going to get? Why does the journal allude to several ‘levels’ if it’s just one level?

Do you see where this is going? Because Anet went back on their words why should we believe them now?

Well what would you suggest is a better gap filler? The power of legendaries had to go up cause they were on par with exotics but were 300 times harder to get then exotics to the point it could take years. It alludes to several levels of infusions not ascended armour (there is 4 levels of ascended armour stated already and that is all there is going to be). There is going to multilevel of infusions much the same as there is multilevels of infusions. And if they added new gear that was just cosmetic would you have really gone for them? or would you have just choosen the one type and not cared about the new armour? Legendaries now have to be on par with ascended gear rather then exotic.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

False. Go read the blog post. Legendary is being bumped up to ascended level stats. So Legendary=Ascended which is superior to exotics. So the new end level gear is Ascended gear. And like I keep saying and you pro-ascended people keep ignoring, this is just the BEGINNING. It’s only going to get worse. People will gear out on this stuff and Anet will put out yet another tier and so on and so on. Plus they said infusions would make gear stronger. We still don’t know exactly how. These could more than make up any loss of stats on the ascended gear.

People are outraged because Anet said they wouldn’t do this and now they are. This is a gear treadmill. Doesn’t matter if it’s starting out “small”. It’s there and it’s going to only get worse. End level gear was supposed to be accessible and equally powerful to the rarer prestige type gear. Now that’s not the case. Ascended gear is stuck in dungeons and not accessible. And we weren’t supposed to have to worry about this. You were supposed to be able to take a break and come back and not worry about having to gear up. That was a main draw for many of us.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Suddenflame.2601

False. Go read the blog post. Legendary is being bumped up to ascended level stats. So Legendary=Ascended which is superior to exotics. So the new end level gear is Ascended gear. And like I keep saying and you pro-ascended people keep ignoring, this is just the BEGINNING. It’s only going to get worse. People will gear out on this stuff and Anet will put out yet another tier and so on and so on. Plus they said infusions would make gear stronger. We still don’t know exactly how. These could more than make up any loss of stats on the ascended gear.

People are outraged because Anet said they wouldn’t do this and now they are. This is a gear treadmill. Doesn’t matter if it’s starting out “small”. It’s there and it’s going to only get worse. End level gear was supposed to be accessible and equally powerful to the rarer prestige type gear. Now that’s not the case. Ascended gear is stuck in dungeons and not accessible. And we weren’t supposed to have to worry about this. You were supposed to be able to take a break and come back and not worry about having to gear up. That was a main draw for many of us.

Ascended gear was never stated to be only given out from the dungeon its where they said it would appear first never stated thats where its only going to be found. They were going to add more locations to gain it from later on. Really dude should pay more attention to wording then assuming things. As well your assuming they are going to keep adding more armour tiers when they said they would rather save such things for expansions (which they did do in GW1) the only reason why they are doing this now is cause of the “Legendary Wall” that people are facing and feel like their characters are not progressing.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Yeh go Anet! im excited. maybe it was a bit early to release new gear but we will find out im sure everything will work out fine.

Posted by: JCrimson.3248

JCrimson.3248

I like how the people would are rejecting change keep referring to GW1. Yet when I embrace it, they tell me “go play WoW, GTFO!”

Let’s all say this together. Guild Wars …. TWO

Posted by: Jaxichael.2590

Jaxichael.2590

First off none of us know how this will turn out but I for one am very excited about the Ascended gear and Im excited for the new dungeon. I barely log into the game anymore because there is nothing for me to do thats interesting anymore. What are people afraid of? because they have to get new gear? what a joke, its just gear whats the problem with that? This is an MMO, makes me wonder what people are actually doing in the game because I could barely even log in anymore because I need a goal to keep playing. Now don’t get me wrong I might not like this but I’m willing to try anything new thats added and to me getting gear is not a big deal. Im used to it already and I’m sure that majority of MMO players are used to it. Its a natural thing in MMO’s. Anet, good move on this one, I just hope the new gear looks nice:)

the fact is this game was not intended to be a “get new gear” if not just from the look of it. This game has been HEAVILY sold as a Refreshing game, in which you would have to work hard just for LOOKING kitten, not for being kitten. I don’t know what kind of slope this new itemization process is going to add, the fact is that this kind of slope SHOULD not exist at all, not even in a form of a symbolic 1% of increase, becuase they bragged HARD of creating a refreshing product. They EVEN put a blog post on “GW2 Unique End Game” and I don’t recall they were talking about “getting new tier of equip there” .. so this is clearly a contradiction and an eye wink for that kind of playerbase that DO NOT BELONG to a game like this.

And your post doesn’t belong in this thread. Let me direct you to the 100+ thread with people who have your same opinion. :]

Jaxichael, Sylvari Engineer of the Night Cycle

Posted by: jboynton.7894

jboynton.7894

First off none of us know how this will turn out but I for one am very excited about the Ascended gear and Im excited for the new dungeon. I barely log into the game anymore because there is nothing for me to do thats interesting anymore. What are people afraid of? because they have to get new gear? what a joke, its just gear whats the problem with that? This is an MMO, makes me wonder what people are actually doing in the game because I could barely even log in anymore because I need a goal to keep playing. Now don’t get me wrong I might not like this but I’m willing to try anything new thats added and to me getting gear is not a big deal. Im used to it already and I’m sure that majority of MMO players are used to it. Its a natural thing in MMO’s. Anet, good move on this one, I just hope the new gear looks nice:)

the fact is this game was not intended to be a “get new gear” if not just from the look of it. This game has been HEAVILY sold as a Refreshing game, in which you would have to work hard just for LOOKING kitten, not for being kitten. I don’t know what kind of slope this new itemization process is going to add, the fact is that this kind of slope SHOULD not exist at all, not even in a form of a symbolic 1% of increase, becuase they bragged HARD of creating a refreshing product. They EVEN put a blog post on “GW2 Unique End Game” and I don’t recall they were talking about “getting new tier of equip there” .. so this is clearly a contradiction and an eye wink for that kind of playerbase that DO NOT BELONG to a game like this.

And your post doesn’t belong in this thread. Let me direct you to the 100+ thread with people who have your same opinion. :]

There’s a few people posting in the affirmative for this change in core design philosophy in that thread as well. So it stands to reason that people can do the same here.

Frankly, people can post in whatever thread they like as long as it is polite.

That being said, I am not looking forward to this change and am already enjoying the Planetside 2 beta.

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Well what would you suggest is a better gap filler? The power of legendaries had to go up cause they were on par with exotics but were 300 times harder to get then exotics to the point it could take years. It alludes to several levels of infusions not ascended armor (there is 4 levels of ascended armor stated already and that is all there is going to be). There is going to multilevel of infusions much the same as there is multilevel of infusions. And if they added new gear that was just cosmetic would you have really gone for them? or would you have just choosen the one type and not cared about the new armor? Legendaries now have to be on par with ascended gear rather then exotic.

Since you’re thread got merged… I’ll just continue here.

Regarding to their allusions, I concede it could be taken as levels of infusions and not Ascended armors BUT it also doesn’t state it specifically is just related to infusions so at this point. I’ll agree to disagree simply because it’s too vague to argue otherwise.

The post right below my response had a gap filler that was already used in GW1. My suggestion is why not make it entirely cosmetic armor that is a between the two? Harder than Exotics but easier than Legendaries… I mean that’s the point right? That was their intention as they themselves have stated. Currently there is no difference between Exotics and Legendaries except the ease of obtaining them. So why were the increase in stats necessary? Why couldn’t it have been a set of armor that has the same stats as all three that just required work, effort, and skill without changing their core concepts? i.e. Poor man’s armor, middle class armor, and Rich man’s armor. Again I reiterate wasn’t that their point in introducing this armor set in the first place? A bridge between the two? Why was effort suddenly thrown out the window and replaced with a step up? I mean according to them it’s both a gap filler AND a power up. “Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content.”

Also where does it say that Legendaries had to get a power increase just because they were harder to obtain? It was a prestige item, cosmetic only and was going to be grindy. They stated all this up front. Now Legendaries are setting a precedence to being much more viable then just cosmetic. As quoted from their blog “Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items.” Why the need to create another tier of ‘better’ armor? That not only goes against their prior objections but makes no sense. Better stated armor =/= gap filler. It’s just better armor stats. That is all.

Perhaps I would have, perhaps not. It all depends on my taste and how the armor would have looked if it was cosmetic. And don’t think that cosmetic doesn’t have anything to do with anything. Look at TF2 and all their hats. Look at the Halloween Lengendary reskins. Look at how popular customization is in just about every other game out there. People love to look good and would do anything to do so. Disregarding the sheer amount of people that love to deck themselves out with different looking armors is naive.

Also they could have appealed to the crowd that obtains things for their status and not for visual aesthetics. Created of different rarity of armors cosmetically instead of statistically would have been a better option than this.

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay