Thanks for 9 new core mastery points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve been needing those for some time for core Tyria. Thanks for adding them.

For those that may not know about them someone posted a helpful guide to finding them on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6pm6w8/all_9_central_tyria_mastery_insight_locations/

The Burninator

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’ve been needing those for some time for core Tyria. Thanks for adding them.

For those that may not know about them someone posted a helpful guide to finding them on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6pm6w8/all_9_central_tyria_mastery_insight_locations/

Oh, my gawd! That’s great news! Thanks ArenaNet!

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

Thank you!!!! That’s great news!!

Posted by: DeadTreeJig.6714

DeadTreeJig.6714

I know what I am doing tonight!

When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
Live, Laugh, Love Kill Dredge – DedTreeJig

Posted by: Legend of Rogue.5394

Legend of Rogue.5394

I am so in love with you right now!!! This is exactly what i need to finish lvl 5 legendary crafting and i had no idea they added this!!!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I agree – greatly needed.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

Thanks so much. Was stuck and extremely frustrated.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Thank you ANet for the 9 new mastery points.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Best news ever! I was dreading some of the things I would “have to do” to acquire my missing points to finish my tyrian masteries.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

TY, will go an grab them.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Thank you ArenaNet. I’ve been sitting on needing only 2 Tyria mastery points for a long time to max out Legendary Crafting (not that I care about legendaries). I can finally earn spirit shards when filling out the XP bar while running around in Tyria (not that I use them much).

Sure, there were several Tyria mastery points I could get, but they’re locked behind annoying and/or hard achievements (like getting all achievements in specific living world season 2 episodes; too many of them are hard to do solo).

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Edit: Sorry for double post. Stupid forums took forever to post my comment, I reloaded the page and wound up with this.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

This really was a nice move. I’m happy for you all that don’t have to go through the grind it was before to get all Tyria Mastery Points.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

Adding my appreciation
I was stuck about 5 MP short in Central Tyria, which wasn’t really a problem as I don’t plan to go after any legendaries, but still it was good to tick that last box!

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Thanks, very much needed.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Thanks for sharing, finally completed tyria ones without having to do very specific stuff.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wow. That is a good change.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

YAY! I can finish my Tyria masteries without spending massive amounts of time on specific things.

However…can’t help wonder if they might be adding new mastery tracks for Core Tyria.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It’s a great addition. I had actually gotten all the way down to needing 1 left for the 3rd fractal and everything (5?) for the 4th fractal one. I have all the rest. At that point, I was content to just never get them, as I don’t do fractals that often (ever? few times to get Mawdrey II back in the day?), but figured if I ever ‘did’ get into them, there were ‘lots’ of MPs to get in that category, and they would have just gone nicely together.

But, now I’ll be able to finish it up anyways, so kudos!

Posted by: Justfor.6018

Justfor.6018

A welcome addition indeed.

I had already given up on Nevermore because, honestly, no way on earth I was going to put myself through the garbage of the living story achievements.
I’m just not that masochist.

Now I can proceed with my Leg… maybe one day I’ll finish it.

Thanks!

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Indeed, thank you. As one the schmucks that squandered their Tyria points on legendary precursor crafting and Fractals (only to use them once), I now have auto loot. My faith in the world is now restored.

Posted by: Zafira.7560

Zafira.7560

After a struggle, I was able to max out all of the Tyria masteries before they added the 9 new ones. I’m thinking this was in anticipation of new masteries to come in the expansion.

Bill from Moran
MSI X99A SLI Plus / Intel 87-5820K / 2 GB DDR$ Ram
2 x NVIDIA GTX 690 in quad SLI / 3 x BenQ 27" Monitors

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

^^^ I hope it isn’t because they are planning to add more core masteries. If so, I wasted those 9 points if a new mastery is something I really want.

My guess is that with all the new HoT/S3 maps it has been increasingly more difficult for newer players to earn core mastery points. Not to mention a lot of core mastery points have been very difficult to achieve from the start. Where as there seems to be a large and ever increasing amount of mastery points in HoT/S3 that are fairly easy to obtain. So maybe they wanted to balance it out a bit.

My other thought on this is maybe Anet noticed not many players have maxed out the legendary crafting mastery. With the work they have put in on the new legendary weapons maybe they hope people that have been short of points will pursue it. With expac 3 coming up perhaps they want people to want to work toward HoT legendary weapons and continue in the HoT maps for map completion to do so.

I know that applies to me. I was lacking maxing legendary crafting so didn’t give a hoot about HoT map completion. Now I’m actually going to give it a go since the new points allowed me to complete the legendary crafting mastery. If there is a new core mastery in expac 3 I guess I screwed myself by using those points.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

Great addition- seemed unbalanced with all the new HoT masteries and no new Tyria ones. This will actually get me to finish my legendary masteries and work toward those.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Can’t imagine they would add more Core Tyria masteries. It’s more likely they just want most players to have access to CT masteries before they move into the expansion.