Thanks for a great map and that fix

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

I would just like to take a minute and thank Anet for Silvewastes map. The moment I stepped in that map, on patch day evening, I was amazed. Was a bit lost at first, but after I got the ropes, was really really fun.

People running around, doing events, helping keeps, opening chests. Ah.. chests.. I was so addicted with them – but this farm that occurs almost made me just ignore the zone last night. It was fun for an hour or two, but after that, couldnt even find a normal non farm map.

So, thank you for the fix, now, I hope, we can play a fun map the fun way (at least for me). It’s still rewarding.

I know farmers and such will be angry, but to be realistic, it was just plain silly.

Also, I hope you (Anet) will take this map as a good way to design new maps and content. Big zergs are a no, nothing special about them, but spreading people around is much more fun. Cooperating, using map chat, and such.

Also, love the way we can obtain a whole set if we play the game/content and not the gem store. We can work on something and it’s nice.

Keep up the good work.

(edited by Elodium.7263)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Thoroughly enjoyed the map the moment I stepped in it too. Took me a couple of hours to figure out how things worked, and with discussion, figure out how the boss fights worked. A lot of fun if done with coordination.

I also love that zerg tactics simply won’t work for the bosses. Gold and Silver particularly – chasing them around as a zerg and dpsing them is plain ineffective as the boss will get scaled up and both bosses will wipe out an entire zerg. However, stick to the strategy and time it just right and you can burn down the bosses in less than a minute each. Same goes for Copper, Iron and Platinum requiring specific strategies to counter their mechanics (though arguably, Iron is the easiest of the 5 requiring purely dps to take him down and watching out for the AOEs).

Excited to see what the future holds for Silverwastes, with those interesting looking lanes on the west side of the map.