Thanks for being loyal... NOT!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

After reading the new feature pack notes, I would like to put forward these 2 quotes for discussion:

“As part of the addition of the level-up guide, we’ve reevaluated the item rewards you gain for leveling and made them more exciting, relevant, and useful items. We won’t be able to retroactively give these rewards to existing level 80 characters, but all characters under 80 will use this system for their remaining levels between their current level and level 80. All new characters you create after this system will have access to all of these changes from level 1.”

AND…

“We’ve also taken this opportunity to go back and reevaluate the rewards of each of the major story chapters. We’ve done some pretty major overhauls to make the rewards for completing chapters feel much more compelling than they were in the past. Personal story chapters will absolutely be worth completing for your character as you progress. Similar to level-up rewards, we won’t be able to retroactively apply these to current level 80 characters, but all future characters you create or level up to 80 will benefit from this system.”

Is it just me or is this a huge kick in the Ging-Gan-Goolies? (A.K.A Male Genitals).
Basically, they are improving the game experience for new/returning players who have either never bothered with the game or previously quit (either with rage or boredom).

BUT for those who have patiently continued to play and stood by waiting for updates and supporting ANet via Gemstore and simply playing to keep the community alive, whilst biting their tongues (for the most-part) when wanting to rage on the forums, complain and have considered quitting… WE are the one’s who get NOTHING!!!

ANet all I can (very strongly) suggest is rewarding your loyal members with the part of the feature pack too. Perhaps those who have the “Loyal” Achievement and currently have lvl 80’s (of which I personally have 5 of them ankitten ot really in any such mood to level another character up until you give us a new race). You give them something for their continued loyalty to both you and your game!

A Unique Skin, A one-off limited addition Mini-pet, an Ascended armourset/piece, X-amount of Bonus Achievement Points… or some other WORTHWHILE item (just suggestions) I don’t wanna get greedy but you need to consider your active and loyal Playerbase who are basically being penalised for having joined the game and worked to level up before this feature pack…

Please see this youtube video link… This is EXACTLY what you are doing!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You do realize this coming week has several days of announcements that a red post has said will target veteran players? Now, they may be underwhelming, they likely won’t be the panacea so many critics are demanding, and they certainly should have been done faster than this three-weeks-dripfeed, but before you yell about “NOTHING” at least let them serve the whole meal.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I can’t be the only one getting sick and tired of these QQ threads.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

I also started during official release, but that actually gave me many advantages over new players.
Precursor glitch,Cheap Precursors,Cheap Gems,Cheap everything..
Fractals lv80, High droprate on fractal skins, inventory full of goodstuff from events in Orr because Magic Find was still a gear stat and the loot wasn’t nerfed yet.
And everything that comes with a new game, that is a golden moment, which players that start now won’t ever get to experience in the same way we did.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It’s just a dumb feature pack.. everyone’s acting like they’re dropping the biggest content update of the game’s lifetime and forgetting to put game in it; like, what were you expecting to get?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m not. This has been a long time building.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Although I get your point OP, the rewards aren’t meant for us veteran players – it’s meant to entice the new players to stick around so all of us can enjoy the game.
Personally, i’m sure most will feel the same, personal story and lowbie rewards don’t matter when I’ve got 7 lvl 80’s. I can always make another character and see them.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I’m not. This has been a long time building.

Same. If people didn’t actually feel this way they wouldn’t post that they do. I think the OP could have been a little more diplomatic in his approach, but besides that, there hasn’t been a whole lot of things to ooh and ahh about with this feature patch like the last one.

Sure, we have next week to go and have been told there are more things for vets in there, but that video from Gamescom really set the tone with the 1st person/3rd person camera stuff and how totally wrong they were about why we want those camera perspectives. The skill balances are fairly meager, there is nothing for PvP sans a set of armor(an elite set too, but let’s be realistic on how many people that will affect). WvW got 2 nice additions that will change the mode up a bit, which is cool, but when you couple it with some of the lackluster stuff happening, only 2 changes feels like a lack of content(even though I think the changes will be significant to how WvW is played).

So yeah, people have a right to be a little perplexed(in a respectful manner) at the announcements so far.

P.S. Being told that drops for specific professions are being handled differently and seeing the community ask about it and then be told it’s really just a minor thing we won’t notice, but it had a blog dedicated to it kinda speaks a ton to how communication has been unequivocally botched over the course of 2014. The top desires from the paying customers have gone totally ignored.

P.S.S. There is still only 1 mode for PvP in two years. There is plenty to QQ about.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

WE are the one’s who get NOTHING!!!

I dunno, I got a pretty awesome gun that shoots birthday cake recently. It’s not something everyone will appreciate, but I love it.

It’s worth bearing in mind that many of these new-player-friendly changes were made for the Chinese release earlier this year, and are getting brought back around to our version of the game with this feature pack.

I’m reserving any real kind of judgement for the feature pack until I see what’s in store next week. It might be awesome, or it might be underwhelming, but I can’t complain about being left out until I actually see if I’m being left out.

That said, I am disappointed with the direction of communication. I know the roadmap blog posts weren’t perfect, but nowadays I just don’t feel like I have any idea at all what’s going on until right before it happens. CDI just doesn’t do it for me, both because of how time consuming long threads are to read, and because they feel more like discussions of theory and possibilities more than anything tangible.

The feature pack blog posts are generally useful, but I think they probably could have been planned a bit better to drum up excitement, rather than merely dragging out a list of changes.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

your favourite restaurant gives a free cake to anyone celebrating their birthday there.

you’ve gone there for your last ten birthdays and loved every minute of it.

starting this year, people celebrating their birthdays there will now get a free cake AND a free toy.

is your first reaction to storm in there to complain that they now owe you 10 toys?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

In fairness, that comparison would be more apt for some people if the restaurant started giving away free toys with the cake, but still had no napkins or silverware.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They changed something in an active, evolving MMO? Where’s my torch and pitchfork!

Get over yourself, or start an alt. Use one of those “level 20” scrolls if you don’t want to go through the early levels.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Veteran players can always play an alt. Well, I could, but the trait system revamp is not to my liking, so it’s likely I won’t. That said, everything that is put into an MMO does not have to be for any given individual or group. If you don’t like what the game is offering, don’t support the company. However, less entitled wording in making your desires known is recommended.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

By now, the only thing I hope to get from this game are new hairstyles, literally, nothing else. My expectations are that low, my hopes were swallowed by two years of constant disappointments.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Meh, games do this all the time. Revamp rewards here, adjust leveling there. Hell even console games revamp and re-release games. They slap kitten like “international version” on it and “now with new content” to make you buy it all over again.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They announced these changes poorly. Instead of saying, “hey, exciting new stuff for you” they should have started with their research results:

• Despite the forum and ANet’s preconceptions, most new players are overwhelmed at first. (Yeah, seems strange to me, too, but that’s why they ask people.)
  • Despite a lot of us thinking the new system adds unnecessary delays (gating), apparently ANet’s target audience of new players far prefers it.

After saying that, then ANet should say, “so, while most veterans might be surprised, these changes are going to help us bring in new players, which benefits us all.”

And end with, “oh, and by the way, here are some of the types of changes we’ll be making.”

Somehow, ANet completely forgot that the people reading this week’s blog are mostly veteran GW2 or veteran MMO players; their target audience will just buy the game and find what they find.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why? There is an issue and it needs to be solved.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Why? There is an issue and it needs to be solved.

Correction: there is a perceived issue that numerous, clearly self-centered people are being quite loud about, along with some other, more well-meaning individuals, who are being dragged into it by all of their hyperbolic doomsday dialogue.

Maybe ANet has gotten a little out of touch with the player-base lately. But ultimately the players’ interests are their interests, and they obviously do want to hear our concerns, so it’s a little ridiculous to say that Guild Wars 2 is on the downswing and the only solution is more of what I want.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

tolunart.2095

Meh, games do this all the time. Revamp rewards here, adjust leveling there. Hell even console games revamp and re-release games. They slap kitten like “international version” on it and “now with new content” to make you buy it all over again.

And not just games… “coming soon: The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Platinum Director’s Cut Collector’s Edition, now with an additional 30 seconds of deleted scenes!” It’ll look great on the shelf next to the eleven previous versions of the movies.

tolunart.2095

Correction: there is a perceived issue that numerous, clearly self-centered people are being quite loud about, along with some other, more well-meaning individuals, who are being dragged into it by all of their hyperbolic doomsday dialogue.

Oh, it’s not so bad. I look forward to these weekly “the sky is falling!” threads. It livens up the weekend.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

For all level 80 players who are upset by the idea that lower level characters will be getting rewards that your level 80 can’t: Do you really think ANet is going to be giving them rewards that are better than what you’ve got for your level 80 equipment right now? Of course not!

If you had these rewards, most if not all would be salvaged for scraps of material and some luck. These are easy for us to replace, and not really enough to get upset over.

At best, these rewards will seem good at the level they’re given out at, but to us they’ll be worthless. Heck, knowing ANet, at least half of them will feel like trash even AT the level they’re handed out.

I’m not saying I’m in love with this patch. Not at all. In fact, both this patch and the last “feature pack” seemed to be more about the China client than anything to do with us enjoying the game. THIS, however, isn’t really the part to get upset over.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm…you wanted a mini-pet (got one last year) or some AP (got some this year) or unique skin or ascended item (didn’t get that). We did get a cool (opinion varies, of course) gun that gives unlimited buffs.

So, 3 out of 4 (or 2 1/2 out of 4). Not too bad. Plus we don’t know what’s coming. As much commenting that goes on about the quality of rewards we (Vets and non-Vets) get, I’m wondering why anyone would think these ‘new’ rewards are going to be so uber-fantastic. Probably should wait and see what they are before objecting. /shrug

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

New players in MMOs are always at a tremendous disadvantage. Every day there’s a post or two or three on reddit asking, is it too late to start this game? Am I too far behind. Every single day. And for each person who posts, you know another person thinks it.

Having something like this on the Guild Wars 2 page is good for business.

Anyone who’s played the game for a while and doesn’t think that keeping new players who buy games from the sales is a good thing, probably doesn’t understand the business of MMOs.

And, this is the best part. None of these rewards are off the table. If you level another character, you’ll get the same treatment. If Anet released a new race in three months or six months, you’ll get the better rewards.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

No…you’re not. So many people on these forums look straight through every single bit of news, pick out any tiny thing that’s not 100% to their liking, then blow it out of proportion like ANet snuck in their bedroom and ripped off their childhood stuffed animal’s head or something.

There’s a huge pack of changes, upgrades, etc. that all benefit current players (even level 80s), who have been playing the game for years with a requirement of nothing more than a single one-time purchase of the game for $60 (if you bought it full price).

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Is the OP trying to say that Anet has no right to try and capture new and returning players? Is he saying the Anet only has the right to develop changes that only he approves of? Funny, I thought more people than him played this game.

BTW, what the original poster doesn’t seem to understand is that Anet owes him nothing more that what existed when he bought GW2.

Posted by: dane.4638

dane.4638

I have learned to very rarely comment on these things as youll almost always be viewed as “The bad guy”. Anyway, heres my go at this one.
ArenaNet, You have utterly disappointed me this time! I have supported and endorsed your game since Beta of GW1. I am disappointed in the fact that you have found it acceptable to do nothing for your long time veterans and focus purely on the concept of enticing other individuals to spent the initial $30 to buy the game anew. I have also purchased this game for 5 other loved ones. Therefore I have bought a total of 6 game accounts to have others enjoy it with me therefore enriching my experience.

I personally on my account and my fiance’s has spent over $1500.00 gems and all we get after this long 3 week absence of new content is stuff for new players that you’ve already had the resources for as it was released on the Chinese client during release. We also got colors for our commander tags (which required very little coding or thought on your account). You also announced Multiple pvp and wvw perks. Earlier this year when you took this amount of time off for this reason (Feature pack content). You at least came up with some amazing changes. I am not here to rant, but I as a player have noticed that you have become more business oriented than fan oriented. Maybe this is due to UBISofts grip on you but loosing long time fans in the name of business is a loosing battle as you can see by comparing the amount spent by fans who just may leave due to this change of direction, and new players. New players may or may not like your game enough to stick around.
I am not trying to yell at you or disrespect you, but the money that 1 loyal player who likes your game will spend is worth at least 30 new players (and that’s just a rough calculation based on 3 per 100). I have never had a precursor drop but you gave them to people on the Chinese servers automatically.
I can prove all of this by telling you to look at my account and seeing how much I’ve spent.
Maybe Ill continue to play for now (until Everquest Next comes out) or maybe you have a loyal fan who loves the world of Tyria and its content, who will continue to support your game as long as it doesn’t reject them. =-)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

UbiSoft? Automatic precursors? No third week of Feature Patch announcements?

Where will it end?

Palador.2170

I have never had a precursor drop but you gave them to people on the Chinese servers automatically.

Wait… what? Source on that automatic precursor thing?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I have never had a precursor drop but you gave them to people on the Chinese servers automatically.

Wait… what? Source on that automatic precursor thing?

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for snipping that out.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I have learned to very rarely comment on these things as youll almost always be viewed as “The bad guy”. Anyway, heres my go at this one.
ArenaNet, You have utterly disappointed me this time! I have supported and endorsed your game since Beta of GW1. I am disappointed in the fact that you have found it acceptable to do nothing for your long time veterans and focus purely on the concept of enticing other individuals to spent the initial $30 to buy the game anew. I have also purchased this game for 5 other loved ones. Therefore I have bought a total of 6 game accounts to have others enjoy it with me therefore enriching my experience.

I personally on my account and my fiance’s has spent over $1500.00 gems and all we get after this long 3 week absence of new content is stuff for new players that you’ve already had the resources for as it was released on the Chinese client during release. We also got colors for our commander tags (which required very little coding or thought on your account). You also announced Multiple pvp and wvw perks. Earlier this year when you took this amount of time off for this reason (Feature pack content). You at least came up with some amazing changes. I am not here to rant, but I as a player have noticed that you have become more business oriented than fan oriented. Maybe this is due to UBISofts grip on you but loosing long time fans in the name of business is a loosing battle as you can see by comparing the amount spent by fans who just may leave due to this change of direction, and new players. New players may or may not like your game enough to stick around.
I am not trying to yell at you or disrespect you, but the money that 1 loyal player who likes your game will spend is worth at least 30 new players (and that’s just a rough calculation based on 3 per 100). I have never had a precursor drop but you gave them to people on the Chinese servers automatically.
I can prove all of this by telling you to look at my account and seeing how much I’ve spent.
Maybe Ill continue to play for now (until Everquest Next comes out) or maybe you have a loyal fan who loves the world of Tyria and its content, who will continue to support your game as long as it doesn’t reject them. =-)

ROFL .. .. I can’t stop the tears from running down my cheaks.. this has to be one of the funniest posts I have had the pleasure of reading on the GW2 Forums… Cheers

I can’t resist asking but as your such a long standing loyal Guild Wars player… when did Ubisoft get involved in Guild Wars 1 or 2 ???

Secondly.. $1500… have you actually played the game or just spent 2 years strolling through the Trading Post search facility…. thanks for supporting the game so admirably though, the bean counters will be sure to mention you in their Christmas roll of honour speech this year I am sure

Thirdly.. I for one am glad to see that ANET are still trying to rev up the new player sign up.. its a competitive market place these days.. when GW1 was launched there wasn’t another game on the market with the business model they put out, and I would like to think they brought a lot of new ideas to how MMO’s can be designed, marketed and supported .. you seem to forget, its a game to us but its a living breathing business to ANET/ “NCSoft”.. if they don’t promote their game, give it some new boots every now and again.. then can they rely on you to keep shelling out the £dollars each month to replace what new players bring in by just purchasing the game each day/month/year.

Fourth – Sure I think the feature pack lacks a little from what we have been told so far.. but instead of throwing out the veiled insults, maybe tell us what you wanted to see.. I am pretty sure no matter what they included in the feature pack release there will be just as many players who wanted something else.. so what would you advise they do.. apart from bining any opportunity to add new players to the roster???
Just out of interst how do you know what 30 new players will spend over the same period of time you have been here… I am intrigued how you come up with these assumptions?

Automatic pre-cursor.. source please.. not that I really care if they got one or not tbh…

I am sure Everquest will be all too happy to take on board your investment.. then how long till the next MMO takes your fancy?.. but I am sure that ANET are sat here reading your post fearing the worse, that you really do leave the game.. bang goes this years Christmas bonus I guess boys and girls.

All this and you still don’t know what else the feature pack is due to include yet.. tune in for future info .. you might have more to cry about then.

Wipes yet another tear from face before continuing to ROFL.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

reward for playing since launch… hmm…

How about … all the unavailable content/titles/etc that new players (like myself) won’t ever get to see?

“No, I don’t.”

dane.4638

In response to Bloodstealers post, You can look it up yourself though I must admit that I did inaccurately say the Chinese players got “automatic” precursers. I read in several places that the Chinese VIP members get a precursor box at level 20. I haven’t seen this posted by Anet themselves so it could very well be inaccurate. Also I never said that I was an MMO surfer so what you said about me going to EQN until the next MMO was inaccurate.

To answer your little trivia question UBISoft came along for GW2 and NCsoft was the GW1 publisher.

Those 2 things out of the way, I will say that no matter how much you rofl that doesn’t nullify my points. Also I used Everquest as an example which some people obviously cant not take literally. I have every intention of playing GW2 for a long time but my point was that Anet should not only (as I never said leave out the new players) cater to new players.
I guess I have managed to spark another forum fire as some people are too immature to accept constructive criticism. You must have missed the part where I said Ive been a fan for years and Anet has released some amazing patches for the game. Never once did you see me say that I was leaving or that I didn’t support Arenanet anymore.
How can you say that I seem to forget that for them its a business when I clearly said that they not only need to get new players but also keep the old ones as we still support the game financially through gem purchases.

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

I doubt that any of the new leveling or personal story rewards would be anything level 80 characters would care about. It’s probably safe to assume they’re level appropriate. And it’s probably soulbound or account bound, so it’s not like you’d be able to sell the items on the TP. I’m not entirely sure what it is you think you are missing out on. Low level crafting materials?

Vayne.8563

So you’re saying the work Anet has done on the engine for the new patch, client and server side for big events isn’t for veterans. The commander tag improvements aren’t for veterans? The crafting UI improvements aren’t for veterans? The new skill changes aren’t for veterans.

They had a single post out of two weeks of posts about stuff that is for new players and everything in the patch is for new players?

Particularly since they haven’t even made the week three announcements? I’m pretty happy with what they’ve announced so far anyway. Making the game better for leveling characters makes the game better for everyone. Maybe this is in preparation for releasing a new race and profession and us leveling them.

Maybe your disenfranchised about other stuff, but this kind of a reaction to a single post on an update patch seems a bit of an overreaction to me.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

dane.4638

Once again I must explain to those who look for ways to make rude replies to everything that I don’t have a problem with new players getting things, neither do I want their shiny stuff for myself (low level crafting materials) I want content for veteran players. Before anyone says that we get living story updates, I will preempt you by saying that I know this and enjoy it. What I have said time and again is that I would like veteran players to be more included in the feature pack releases. Also before anyone points out the wonderful things we got in the previous feature pack I will have you note that I have never complained about that. I cant for the life of me figure out why you guys are making my post out to be an assault on Anet just so that you can make insulting remarks about it.
The above doesn’t matter however as Im sure Anet will be mature enough to not childishly look for ways to find it offensive or confrontational.

Vayne.8563

Once again I must explain to those who look for ways to make rude replies to everything that I don’t have a problem with new players getting things, neither do I want their shiny stuff for myself (low level crafting materials) I want content for veteran players. Before anyone says that we get living story updates, I will preempt you by saying that I know this and enjoy it. What I have said time and again is that I would like veteran players to be more included in the feature pack releases. Also before anyone points out the wonderful things we got in the previous feature pack I will have you note that I have never complained about that. I cant for the life of me figure out why you guys are making my post out to be an assault on Anet just so that you can make insulting remarks about it.
The above doesn’t matter however as Im sure Anet will be mature enough to not childishly look for ways to find it offensive or confrontational.

Yes but this patch coming up isn’t a content patch. It’s a feature patch. Content and feature patches have been separated for a reason.

Now you say all the new updates are only for LS. Well Drytop is where the LS takes place, but it’s a permanent new zone, with new dynamic events, a new jumping puzzle, new champions with new mechanics, new boss fights and a new meta event.

I’m not sure what you’re on about.

Palador.2170

It occurs to me that they’d want the vets of the game to go into the patch with a high level of excitement. Thus, marketing has likely told them to save any news that might actually excite vets (in their opinion, mind you) until the final week.

If week two had been the vet stuff, and week three the newbie stuff, then vets would be more likely to go into the patch with a feeling of “that’s it?”

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

After reading the new feature pack notes, I would like to put forward these 2 quotes for discussion:

“As part of the addition of the level-up guide, we’ve reevaluated the item rewards you gain for leveling and made them more exciting, relevant, and useful items. We won’t be able to retroactively give these rewards to existing level 80 characters, but all characters under 80 will use this system for their remaining levels between their current level and level 80. All new characters you create after this system will have access to all of these changes from level 1.”

AND…

“We’ve also taken this opportunity to go back and reevaluate the rewards of each of the major story chapters. We’ve done some pretty major overhauls to make the rewards for completing chapters feel much more compelling than they were in the past. Personal story chapters will absolutely be worth completing for your character as you progress. Similar to level-up rewards, we won’t be able to retroactively apply these to current level 80 characters, but all future characters you create or level up to 80 will benefit from this system.”

Is it just me or is this a huge kick in the Ging-Gan-Goolies? (A.K.A Male Genitals).
Basically, they are improving the game experience for new/returning players who have either never bothered with the game or previously quit (either with rage or boredom).

BUT for those who have patiently continued to play and stood by waiting for updates and supporting ANet via Gemstore and simply playing to keep the community alive, whilst biting their tongues (for the most-part) when wanting to rage on the forums, complain and have considered quitting… WE are the one’s who get NOTHING!!!

ANet all I can (very strongly) suggest is rewarding your loyal members with the part of the feature pack too. Perhaps those who have the “Loyal” Achievement and currently have lvl 80’s (of which I personally have 5 of them ankitten ot really in any such mood to level another character up until you give us a new race). You give them something for their continued loyalty to both you and your game!

A Unique Skin, A one-off limited addition Mini-pet, an Ascended armourset/piece, X-amount of Bonus Achievement Points… or some other WORTHWHILE item (just suggestions) I don’t wanna get greedy but you need to consider your active and loyal Playerbase who are basically being penalised for having joined the game and worked to level up before this feature pack…

Please see this youtube video link… This is EXACTLY what you are doing!

You’re crying about some green crap items? Oh boi..

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

yeah after 2 years we got feature patch with warrior nerf. one hell of gift to loyal warrior players which is probably the most played class/profession in the game. that is anet feature gift for veteran players.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In response to Bloodstealers post, You can look it up yourself though I must admit that I did inaccurately say the Chinese players got “automatic” precursers. I read in several places that the Chinese VIP members get a precursor box at level 20. I haven’t seen this posted by Anet themselves so it could very well be inaccurate. Also I never said that I was an MMO surfer so what you said about me going to EQN until the next MMO was inaccurate.

To answer your little trivia question UBISoft came along for GW2 and NCsoft was the GW1 publisher.

Those 2 things out of the way, I will say that no matter how much you rofl that doesn’t nullify my points. Also I used Everquest as an example which some people obviously cant not take literally. I have every intention of playing GW2 for a long time but my point was that Anet should not only (as I never said leave out the new players) cater to new players.
I guess I have managed to spark another forum fire as some people are too immature to accept constructive criticism. You must have missed the part where I said Ive been a fan for years and Anet has released some amazing patches for the game. Never once did you see me say that I was leaving or that I didn’t support Arenanet anymore.
How can you say that I seem to forget that for them its a business when I clearly said that they not only need to get new players but also keep the old ones as we still support the game financially through gem purchases.

Once again, what does UbiSoft (where the heck did you get UbiSoft?) have to do with the Guild Wars franchise, and (whether you feel vindicated next Friday or not) how can you fairly judge the Feature Patch before all the Features are announced? Whatever comes along it won’t be much in the way of content released during a Feature patch. smh

I don’t know what it will be concerning Collecting and Trading, but I’m hopeful about the ‘collecting’ part. Maybe Nick’s descendent will arrive? Lol, that would be cool!

Vayne.8563

yeah after 2 years we got feature patch with warrior nerf. one hell of gift to loyal warrior players which is probably the most played class/profession in the game. that is anet feature gift for veteran players.

And why do you think that it’s the most played profession? Could it be because it’s a bit OP?

The fact that it is the most played profession is the best evidence that it should have some kind of nerf. That’s simple logic.

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

Wow.. This is a game, that you get to play for free.. You act like someone has taken your livelihood away, or like you just found out your spouse is cheating on you. Please, please, get a life and get some perspective. GW2 is there for a bit of entertainment, a bit of light relief from real life. How can you be this upset over a game?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Wow.. This is a game, that you get to play for free.. You act like someone has taken your livelihood away, or like you just found out your spouse is cheating on you. Please, please, get a life and get some perspective. GW2 is there for a bit of entertainment, a bit of light relief from real life. How can you be this upset over a game?

There are many people who spend thousands of hours in MMOs of course they are going to be emotional when some things go wrong.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I don’t understand the attitude that is coming across in many of these forum threads. It seems many people are upset that Anet is doing something to increase the retention of lower level players. I thought this was a good thing. Time after time studies have shown that new players easily get lost in the details. Having been present at usability studies for slot machine games, I find it amazing how easily new players get confused. Let’s face it, there’s not much to slot machine games. MMO’s are complex beasts and it’s easy for new players to get lost. Anything that makes it easier for new players to understand the mechanics of the game should be looked upon as a positive endeavor.

Much of the attitude I see form the players complaining about this seems to stem from elitism and entitlement. The elitism comes from those that say players that get confused at the beginning are stupid and inept. The entitlement attitude comes from the posters that think that for some reason Anet owes them something. Can someone explain to me just what ANet owes a person that has played 3000 hours on a $60.00 game? You’ve played for an average of $0.02 an hour, I think ANet has paid their debt to you.

I think many of those that are complaining really need to take a self check and see where these complaints are coming from. Because from my perspective, the origin isn’t very pretty.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

“Basically, they are improving the game experience for new/returning players who have either never bothered with the game or previously quit (either with rage or boredom).”

Actually no. What they are doing is going back and returning the game to it’s previous statements. Here’s a link with a bit of history. This was prior to launch, before Nov 2012 when dungeons became the focus with fractals and the ascended grind, and before rewards were completely focused in EoTM/WvW/Dungeons making the game exactly opposite of what Colin actually said their focus would be prelaunch which btw lead to much of their sales because many people are tired of the same old dungeon grind which is why many of us purchased this game with a promise of something new and different. I personally left the game twice yes but it wasn’t the tantrum childish thing you portray people like me as, it was calculated it was asking myself do I really want to mess with this any longer, why am I logging in when this game is anything but rewarding? I stayed because I said, no I paid for this title I bought this game because of what these prelaunch interviews were about, I should get my money’s worth.

Their change in direction from dungeons is actually the best thing they could have ever done, because this game was only supposed to have dungeons for the lore aspect as a side afterthought, not as a central aspect of the title.

I think now is a smart time to actually put on the breaks head back towards what they were planning prelaunch review their interviews and take notice of GW1 fans who left because they became disgusted with the lack of fulfillment to these customers. I think that people like OP should take their own advice they’ve given players like me for 2 years now, “go play something else because this game is not for you” something players like me have heard every time we’ve voiced a well thought out concern about a particular problem or broken game design choice. Thank you Arenanet for changing your focus back to where it should be, here’s to hoping it continues in this direction!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

For all level 80 players who are upset by the idea that lower level characters will be getting rewards that your level 80 can’t: Do you really think ANet is going to be giving them rewards that are better than what you’ve got for your level 80 equipment right now? Of course not!

If you had these rewards, most if not all would be salvaged for scraps of material and some luck. These are easy for us to replace, and not really enough to get upset over.

At best, these rewards will seem good at the level they’re given out at, but to us they’ll be worthless. Heck, knowing ANet, at least half of them will feel like trash even AT the level they’re handed out.

I’m not saying I’m in love with this patch. Not at all. In fact, both this patch and the last “feature pack” seemed to be more about the China client than anything to do with us enjoying the game. THIS, however, isn’t really the part to get upset over.

Agreed.

I think it would have been helpful for the announcement to include some examples of the new personal story and level up rewards to avoid posts like this but even looking at the language they used it should be obvious it won’t be anything level 80 players will want.

Look: “…make the rewards for completing chapters feel much more compelling than they were in the past.” “…we’ve reevaluated the item rewards you gain for leveling and made them more exciting, relevant, and useful items.”

What’s relevant and useful to a low level character? Low level gear, something they can actually use. Not high level exotics, ecto, etc. they can sell on the TP for a profit which is what most level 80 players consider a good drop.

As other people have said if they did retroactively award these to high level characters most likely it would mean everyone would end up with an inventory full of “junk” to sell or salvage for mats.

It’s also worth remembering that there have always been rewards for the personal story, it’s not like we got nothing. It’s just different items.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

You know you are allowed to not click on them and your problem will be solved.

Your like a person who goes into a supermarket and chants “I don’t like beans!” in the tinned foods section :P

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

*You’re…Since edit is broken.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

if you really really need your precious low level rewards i can send you some lv 27 blues…

the rewards won’t be anything great, they’ll be levelling gear.
also, what is stopping you from making a new character if you really want the rewards?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

still waiting end game :P maybe on 4 years if they reach that far we gonna receive end game