Thanks for fixing HoM and breaking everything

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

It is nice to see that HoM is apparently now fixed.
It is however not nice to see, that you broke a whole bunch of other stuff doing so, and that is something i am not happy about.
Several dozens of achievements i have unlocked are now not unlocked anymore.
This Ranges from Collections to even the new Jumping Puzzle Achievement i did weeks ago when Lions Arch was first reworked.
Also, all the Living Story 2 Chapters i had previously unlocked have been taken away from me, and now you are suggesting i buy them for 200 Gems each.
For some odd reason, i also have to click through all of the training stuff AGAIN, and i am not even sure if you gave me the Hero Points back required to do that.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or has anything else to add to the list?

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

• Living Story Season 2 chapters locked.
  • All collections reset.
  • Dry Top & The Silverwastes achievement categories reset
  • Living Story Season 2 achievements reset & locked (presumably because the chapters are locked too)
  • Training tab shows untrained skill despite being unlocked and accessible.
  • Mail carriers that i have unlocked are locked now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ewwyn/patch_bug_thread_28th_of_july_2015/

All that happened to my account and who knows what else have been reseted that i didn’t find out yet..

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

It is however not nice to see, that you broke a whole bunch of other stuff doing so, and that is something i am not happy about.
This Ranges from Collections to even the new Jumping Puzzle Achievement i did weeks ago when Lions Arch was first reworked.
Also, all the Living Story 2 Chapters i had previously unlocked have been taken away from me, and now you are suggesting i buy them for 200 Gems each.
For some odd reason, i also have to click through all of the training stuff AGAIN, and i am not even sure if you gave me the Hero Points back required to do that.

To be fair, this patch wasn’t centered around the HoM fix. It just happened to be included.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

• All collections reset.
  • Living Story Season 2 achievements reset & locked (presumably because the chapters are locked too)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ewwyn/patch_bug_thread_28th_of_july_2015/

All that happened to my account and who knows what else have been reseted that i didn’t find.

Only for the first character you logged into with the new patch, the others are fine.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

• All collections reset.

All that happened to my account and who knows what else have been reseted that i didn’t find out yet..

I found another one: PVP reward track progress reset.

WTF Anet?

Just ….

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Should I like.. not log in? ;x

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Should I like.. not log in? ;x

It probably doesn’t matter, but I’d still say no just in case.

AysonCurrax.3254

To be fair, this patch wasn’t centered around the HoM fix. It just happened to be included.

Fair enough. Though i have no idea how one manages to let a clusterkitten like this slip onto Live Servers. Being a Developer myself and all…

But an issue like this just makes me want to turn off the game instead of playing this mess, not even knowing if they will just rollback my progress later to clean up their mess.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s only on the character you log in with first. Your alts will be fine. and you will not have lost anything. But yeah, I wish I had my brown pants on.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kecal.3964

Kecal.3964

I can’t even get to the log-in screen. Got a 6MB update and now it just crashes on launcher updating screen.

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Actually, HoM is still broken

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

It’s only on the character you log in with first. Your alts will be fine. and you will not have lost anything. But yeah, I wish I had my brown pants on.

it has broken on more than one of my characters, but is fine on others, so this isn’t completely true

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Only the first character you log into appears to have this issue.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

So just to be clear, if I log in with one toon, then switch to another toon and/or switch back to the first toon, everything will still be there? Or is everything going to be blank on the first toon from now on?

BrotherBelial.3094

So just to be clear, if I log in with one toon, then switch to another toon and/or switch back to the first toon, everything will still be there? Or is everything going to be blank on the first toon from now on?

For me, everything is locked out on the first toon I logged in on. The other 2 I checked on are fine. So I’m assuming the rest are ok too.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Dewbi.1763

Dewbi.1763

Daily broken, graphic performance decreased for me

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Actually, HoM is still broken

Lol… well that figures

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

The HoM is still disabled for me. Suggestions?

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

AysonCurrax.3254

not true. i have it on all the characters i have logged in with so far.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

For me, everything is locked out on the first toon I logged in on. The other 2 I checked on are fine. So I’m assuming the rest are ok too.

The first 3 I logged into are broken (and still broken whether I completely log in/our or just character select). 4th works fine. I can’t be kitten d to check more ;o

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m sure they’ll do a rollback. Don’t panic, Mr Manwairing.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I’d pay real money to see what kind of automatic testing workflow/software is used for GW2.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I thought some weird stuff was going on after the patch. I only noticed that my trait training has been reset and somehow i cant even re-train them if i wanted to. Reading the stuff here though, I can see it’s far worse than I know.

Here’s a hoping ANet will remedy this REAL soon.

BrotherBelial.3094

The first 3 I logged into are broken (and still broken whether I completely log in/our or just character select). 4th works fine. I can’t be kitten d to check more ;o

not true. i have it on all the characters i have logged in with so far.

Sucks to be you guys I guess. I’m just going to go right ahead and count my self lucky.

But a question, have the one’s you checked started LS2? I’ve only got 2 that’s I’ve done LS2 with.

Edit: yeah if you’ve started or completed LS2 you are effected.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Welp, guess I’m not playing for a while.

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

people acting like Anet won’t fix it, LOL, newbs

AysonCurrax.3254

okay guys. apparently this is only a display bug on some characters. i got the issue on my thief and my warrior, but my guardian is perfectly fine. That would also explain why you cant retrain the skills and traits, since you already got them. it just shows you you dont…

I dont even know how you manage to break the display selectively for certain characters. I am impressed A-net.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Welp, guess I’m not playing for a while.

Pretty much this for me, too. Given how long it took them to fix the HoM problems, I think this is going to call for a massive rollback. No point in playing and messing up my account, especially if anything I gain is going to be lost in the attempt to fix this.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I wasn’t even affected by the HoM bug, and I got all my collections reset. Thanks, anet. Quality QA. All of my completed pvp tracks are cleared, thanks for that, I wanted to keep those completed after I was inished them with. The glorious reward track, which I was working on, I lost all my completion on that. I DID lost all the completion on the ascalon reward track, which I was also working on. ALL the dungeons I HAD unlocked are now locked. THis is completely worthless.

ETA:

Okay, it took 4 alts, but all of my displays are back to normal, at least on ONE alt. NOT my main, or who knows what others.

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Looks like it’s fixed now!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Silicon Based.5801

Silicon Based.5801

Someone at Anet just had the last day at work and is now packing his stuff and will never return!

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

Edit: Now it worked! I logged into my GW1 account and then back into GW2 and woot!

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

AysonCurrax.3254

I’d pay real money to see what kind of automatic testing workflow/software is used for GW2.

oh boy… I would take you up on that, seeing how often this happens.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

So, after reading the patch notes, I was planning to say a big “thank you” for fixing the whole HoM/achievement/title thing.

However, now that I made the mistake and actually dared to log into the game, I couldn’t help to notice that you broke pretty much anything that can be broken: My daily got reset, pvp track got reset, LS2 is locked, tons of previously completed achievements aren’t completed anymore, all collections reset, etc.

Guess I’ll wait with the praise for a bit longer…

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

2/3 of the characters I logged in have been “reset” but it appears to be only visually? While dailies are “reset” and appear not done doing the stuff to progress them doesn’t work. Likewise I tested to see if you could “re-do” the collections on a character that appears to have it all locked and I bought one of the Frogs in a Jar. Right clicking on the frog in the jar crashed the game. I happened to have one of the wintersday unlock items and you can’t consume those either (as you really have it done so you can’t re-do it).

It’s all sorts of weird. When I get home I’ll see if my main is bugged too (I hope not) but hopefully they figure out the fix soon, it’s unnerving to have all of my progress reset when I’ve worked to complete all of those achievements.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Some of you guys complain too much. So the HoM is down, so what? It’s not like it offered items to us that should we not have them it stops our gameplay.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Stop complaining so much people. So far it purely looks like a display bug. I still got my Karmic converter, even though ap is now reset. I still got all my traits (my water skills are -33% cd still on ele), so this means traits exist still, are unlocked still, they are just not shown. You can even play just like normal, like yesterday. Only diff thing is the display of unlocked things. Pretty small to fix don’t you think? And the npc/pets in Hall of monuments will soon be fixed i’m sure too. They kept saying for months now complex an update like this could be and how much coding errors it could cause. It did, but in my opinion, a visual only bug, means Anet so far did great job. Bug will always happen and this is just an example of that. You can’t stop bugs from happening/slipping through testing. It’s the nature of the beast. You can change however by fixing it, wich they will.

So what is the problem? Don’t see it. Soon both HoM owners, not owners will be happy and play on.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

It only affects lvl 80’ from what I can gather. I logged in on my lvl 41 and it remained unaffected. But my lvl 80 is affected by the bug.

On a nicer note, you can now see the emblem of the guild your representing in the background. If you go to the guild member list.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We’re real sorry that issues have occurred. We’re taking care of things, as mentioned here.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Didn’t you check? This is why people complain about anet’s QA, gaile. Stuff like this, that should’ve been found. Now you have people in LA panicking about their achievements, and traits, and stuff. You need to do an announcement in game about this, NOT just on the forums.

Posted by: Iglosen.4709

Iglosen.4709

To all the arrogant comments here:

Dont act so rude if you never have tried to code a game. Implanting something have a big chance of breaking something else, so just stop and give Anet break :/

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

All the characters I logged in on yesterday have this issue, but not any of my other characters that I’ve checked.

As others have seemed to notice too, it appears to primarily be a UI bug for training, story, collections, daily achieves, assume a few other things too. Although a few players have other issues like losing legitimate access to HoM so some things are more serious. It may extend beyond just those, but primarily we need to make sure Anet is aware so they can fix it, which giving info here and /bug reports does. I’m sure they are by now (well i’d hope?).

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Maybe they were too busy last week dealing with the massive Golem Rush exploit to properly test this update?

AysonCurrax.3254

Maybe they were too busy last week dealing with the massive Golem Rush exploit to properly test this update?

In that case, pushing the update back a week would have been the more sensible decision to go for instead of a rushing release. Premature Release is never a good thing.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

In that case, pushing the update back a week would have been the more sensible decision to go for instead of a rushing release. Premature Release is never a good thing.

Um, they didn’t deal with the exploit at all. Not even an acknowledgement of it.

AysonCurrax.3254

Um, they didn’t deal with the exploit at all. Not even an acknowledgement of it.

If its not acknowledged as such, its a feature, i guess.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It took them weeks/months for this update. Coding somethign like this is very complex, be happy you didn’t truly loose ap, you didn’t truly loose traits, now that would be bad, their testing prevented this. The only thing (wich is rather small, all things considered), that still bugged was visual representation. A rather small bug, relative easy to fix. Also very random bug (wich is why it’s not tested cause some chars have it, others not).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all,

Please post your bug reports in this thread. When we get things into a single thread, it greatly helps our team sort through the reports and work on fixing the issues as quickly as possible.

And speaking of sorting, please read the thread first before reporting, to keep redundant reports to a minimum. If someone else has detailed an issue, we’re good. Only post about it if you have additional, new, different information. Otherwise, consider it on the list!

Thanks so much.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Fair enough. Though i have no idea how one manages to let a clusterkitten like this slip onto Live Servers. Being a Developer myself and all…

But an issue like this just makes me want to turn off the game instead of playing this mess, not even knowing if they will just rollback my progress later to clean up their mess.

You do not know anything about how their setup is. Do not be an kitten just because you are a developer. I am as well and I understand things happen on live servers that never once show up in any test environment. Almost makes me wonder what you develop to not encounter this. Also your blatant disrespect for them really makes me wonder what you develop because any good developer knows when stuff goes wrong it sucks. And it makes it even worse well people come running and screaming you broke it you broke it.

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

It took them weeks/months for this update. Coding somethign like this is very complex, be happy you didn’t truly loose ap, you didn’t truly loose traits, now that would be bad, their testing prevented this. The only thing (wich is rather small, all things considered), that still bugged was visual representation. A rather small bug, relative easy to fix. Also very random bug (wich is why it’s not tested cause some chars have it, others not).

I don’t know if it’s easy to fix, but you’re right that the impact of a display issue is way less of a problem. I don’t get all the negativity.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade