Thanks for gliding at teq launch pads

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

As title, it is really nice to have this in game.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It’s not a nice change for those that don’t own HoT, because those pads now require a glider/mastery to use.

I wasn’t sure if people were actually serious until I logged into my second account, which doesn’t have HoT. Trying to use the pads gave me a help pop-up telling me to train glider mastery.

Seriously hoping this is not intended. But seeing as they did a similar stunt with the Shatterer overhaul, I’m guessing it’s not. I’m still hoping I’m wrong about that, though, since these pads are pretty important to getting people around to quickly to defend and burn.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Must be a bug, I reported it as such. I just tested on my non-HoT account and no you can’t use the pads in Sparkfly fen but you can use them by shatterer.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Jumping Pads didn’t work at Teq or in Lion’s Arch for mine.
Might reduce chance at gold level for some….

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Jumping Pads didn’t work at Teq or in Lion’s Arch for mine.
Might reduce chance at gold level for some….

Why would it reduce someone’s chance at gold? Unless you’re downed in the water and waiting for a rez, or feel obligated to go out to the western battery, there’s nothing preventing you from making it to one of the closer defenses in time to earn gold.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

So you are saying the Jumping pads have no affect and should be removed.
Sounds like you stick to the megalaser. It is easier.
Anything that slows you down in a timed event can affect your potential results.
I like being able to glide too but I’m sick of the core game being robbed to support a failing expansion.
How will Teq go for most players if the core game players, AREN’T THERE?!
This gave them a good reason not to show up.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Why do jump pads even require gliding in the first place? Why not let non-gliders be able to just bounce off them?

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

I love gliding and I’m glad we can now glide when using the launch pads at Teq, but I think it’s a disservice to those who don’t have HoT if they can no longer use them. The launch pads are super important to moving quickly between zones at Teq, and that goes for everyone, not just HoT players. I hope they will fix this to make them available again for everyone.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

This has got to be a bug if you can’t use them without gliders.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This has got to be a bug if you can’t use them without gliders.

I certainly hope so. It really isn’t fair for someone’s core game to require HoT, since this is not a HoT-specific fight and you never needed this mastery before to use anything in Sparkfly Fen..

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Why do jump pads even require gliding in the first place? Why not let non-gliders be able to just bounce off them?

There isn’t any reason for the restriction, and it’s clear that even this version of the pad (auto-launching, with the tornado spin animation) can in fact work just fine without gliding. The pads at Shatterer are of a similar type (with added ability to give you a bomb kit), and will launch you without HoT/glider mastery. Shatterer’s pads do still display the help tooltip about gliders on every use, though.

It’s likely just a bug, and not intended. But it’s a pretty bad thing to screw up. Someone did have to add in that annoying popup help thing nagging about gliders, too.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea, there’s no reason to remove jump pad capability when we’ve had it long before gliding.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yea, there’s no reason to remove jump pad capability when we’ve had it long before gliding.

I’m also hoping this is a bug. Taking away features from the core game and gating them behind HoT seems like a poor business decision.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?