Thanks for the Mystic Forge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osteg.8915

Osteg.8915

It’s awesome source of disappointment. You let people who are on the good mood to waste over 1k gold to get no precursor and kitten them off.

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

Lesson learned: Gambling is a sin.

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

Don’t gamble. Kill things instead.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

You must resist your urge to gamble. Especially if you’re purchasing buy gems to convert to gold and gambling it away.

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

I dont even understand why people still do that.
Its the first thing I learned in this game. Before I even knew what champion bags where I knew never to gamble on the mistic forge… ever.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I consider myself a gambling man…but yeah I’m sorry, what were you thinking?! 1k gold?! Why not just save it, or buy things you know you wanted or needed?! The odds of you getting a precursor in the Mystic Forge are just flat out terrible. So bad it is not even worth considering. Hell, with that money you could’ve just bought a precursor and farmed the materials you needed in the course of a month. Maybe even less.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

No one forces you to gamble on the mystic forge.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I don’t blame him, tbh. Gambling is addictive. We all know it. Just look at all the people who have opened thousands of ToT bags, hoping for the mini.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The old story about the man who carried the scorpion across the river comes to mind. The one where the scorpion begs the man to carry him across and promises not to bite. In the middle of the river the scorpion bites the man, condemning them both to drown. When the man asked why he did that, the scorpion said, “You knew what I was when you picked me up.”

OP, there’s no point in coming here to tell us that the scorpion will bite. You knew that before you started.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I don’t blame him, tbh. Gambling is addictive. We all know it. Just look at all the people who have opened thousands of ToT bags, hoping for the mini.

Difference between that and this though is that the ToT bags are easily farmable, at least until the halloween event ends, even after that there are enough on tp to keep people going for maybe a month or two.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Mystic forge is love,Mystic forge is life.

One does not simply don’t gamble at the mystic forge,it is addictive.

You see people with random luck like throwing 4 random rares from World Bosses and getting precursors,the urge to try it too is very tempting

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

You see people with random luck like throwing 4 random rares from World Bosses and getting precursors,the urge to try it too is very tempting

pretty much this happened to my guildmade, he threw 8 exotics into the toilet, got Dawn. He started playing four months ago, he already has three precursors. Dawn from toilet, Spark from world boss chest and Howl from a freaking mob. Screw this game and screw ANet for basing their game on RNG.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

So which pre-cursor were you going for? Dusk is currently 1500g on the tp and Dawn is 1000…I’d say you made a huge mistake…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Keep going! I hear the more times you do mystic forge the better your chances are at getting something nice. You’re at that percentage of getting something nice so don’t give up like many do!

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

The RNG is clearly broken. Rare items are clustered very badly.
My buildy got two account bound ToT minis from <2k bags.

Its about time we got precursor crafting/scavenger hunt of some kind.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I forged 132 swords and got Zap.

Posted by: Tiru.5760

Tiru.5760

12 exo GS in MF → 1 dusk

#hatersgonnahate

Leader of Almost Harmless [AH] @Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

You can have good runs with the forge & bad. Lost large amounts of gold twice, trying to obtain a specific precursor.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

When I first heard of the Mystic Forge I thought, “what an interesting idea.” Over time that interesting idea has evolved into, “what an insidious idea.” Not much better than Black Lion chests IMO. Encouraging gambling-like behavior in a game intended to be teen friendly just seems like a bad idea to me.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

When I first heard of the Mystic Forge I thought, “what an interesting idea.” Over time that interesting idea has evolved into, “what an insidious idea.” Not much better than Black Lion chests IMO. Encouraging gambling-like behavior in a game intended to be teen friendly just seems like a bad idea to me.

In ‘real life’ my gambling consists of the occasional lotto ticket, nothing more. Sadly I caught the gambling addiction bug with the forge after having some ‘insane’ luck. Boy have I learned the hard way lol.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Huge fan of the forge. HUGE FAN!

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

Just don’t spend more than 100 gold for each try… in 2 years i’ve got 15 prec, and with gold earned i’ve dressed up 3 chars full ascended, 1 legendary (the only i like), and some rare skins/mini pets…
If you want to be a professional forgeman, you should have some foundamental rules:

- If you have 1000 gold buy your precursor, don’t wait for the RNG god
- Never spend more than 100 gold of stuffs at day (Diminishing return, waste of money)
- Never spend all money in forge (your minimum budget must always be 50 gold for extra issues, not 5)

With this little rules, i’m having real great time on GW2, playing only for fun and being rewarded sometimes but having always some money to spend..

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

yeah I’m definitely buying my precursor out right, probably with my tax return at the beginning of the year, if I don’t just outright buy my legendary entirely to skip all the grinding in the first place

yes it’s about 300-400 bucks to outright buy a legendary through gems -> gold

but i have played guild wars 1 since the beginning without a subscription fee

i played WoW for 5 years and spent 900 bucks on 15 dollar/month subscriptions, not counting all the character server/faction transfers

I think I can re-pay Arenanet with 400 bucks for creating one of the most pleasurable game series that I have come across

and lets face it, the only legendary that matters is eternity…or one of the parts of it you like better than the other

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I love the mystic forge. Then again, I only use it for known recipes. Mystic salvage kits rule. I have no love for gambling (and don’t find it addictive). I hate losing too much.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I do wonder if, with the NPE, they should limit the MF capabilities.

If I was a NPE person, got lucky and had 200G to blow… the MF would kitten me off big time.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

The only random things Zomorros gets from me are cheap colors. Starve that greedy demon. :P

Posted by: Edgewater.1576

Edgewater.1576

Today I tried to get rid of level 60 unsalvageable exotic pistol; bought 2 exotic weapons from dungeon vendor and put them into the Mystic forge with a mystic forge stone. Was hoping to get random exotic and sell it. Got Dusk instead… #ineverwinanything

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

Every time I walk past the forge it´s hard for me to resist the urge to push someone in that kitten thing…

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Every time I walk past the forge it´s hard for me to resist the urge to push someone in that kitten thing…

One time, I pushed 4 Mesmers in and it gave me back an Elementalist.

Then I accidentally pushed in the Ele with 3 more Mesmers and got a Necro. FML.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

pretty much this happened to my guildmade, he threw 8 exotics into the toilet, got Dawn. He started playing four months ago, he already has three precursors. Dawn from toilet, Spark from world boss chest and Howl from a freaking mob. Screw this game and screw ANet for basing their game on RNG.

I bet if you had his luck, you would not be complaining about rng lol. I bet most of the people who are angry with the mystic forge would totally change their minds about rng if they had gotten something valuable.

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

One time, I pushed 4 Mesmers in and it gave me back an Elementalist.

Then I accidentally pushed in the Ele with 3 more Mesmers and got a Necro. FML.

How can you be sure that it wasn’t one Mesmer rather than 4?