Thanks for the free trials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I gave out 3 and 2 of my friends have already purchased the game.

Thanks, ArenaNet! Excellent idea!

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

I know eight people who had trials over the weekend, none of them have decided to buy the game because of the lag and general bugginess they encountered with the lost shore event.

Hell of a way to make a first impression.

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

I invited 1 person and had 2 other people come in to try the game who were invited by other friends. All 3 of them went back to WoW before the Sunday finale. The event having some many problems left a bad taste in their mouth.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Goretex.6201

Goretex.6201

I gave them out.. did my mates use them ? .. Nope.. Lazy, scared of change.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

because of the lag and general bugginess they encountered with the lost shore event.

Yeah, this.
I´m not even mentioning this game to anybody anymore.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

because of the lag and general bugginess they encountered with the lost shore event.

Yeah, this.
I´m not even mentioning this game to anybody anymore.

Heh…i am actually taking a fair amount of stick and ribbing from my online clan, as im the only one stupid enough to still be playing this game and holding out hope for a change for the better…im not holding my breath, and deep down im pretty sure the game is beyond saving now to be honest but im still hoping….

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

I told all my friends about GW2 and the ease of end game. None of them wanted to play because they were already in love with SWTOR or stayed with WoW.

I told them about the gear progression changes and how the game is starting to become a gear grind since they seem to like that sort of thing, they still refused to try it because “why would I play another gear grind game that still needs a lot of development?”

I honestly had no reply.

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

I told all my friends about GW2 and the ease of end game. None of them wanted to play because they were already in love with SWTOR or stayed with WoW.

I told them about the gear progression changes and how the game is starting to become a gear grind since they seem to like that sort of thing, they still refused to try it because “why would I play another gear grind game that still needs a lot of development?”

I honestly had no reply.

That’s what happened to my friends (and myself?), we are all now happily still married to WoW, only myself casually still paying GW from time to time.

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

I gave them out.. did my mates use them ? .. Nope.. Lazy, scared of change.

Yeah, I hear you. I bet they’re all so used to the gear treadmill that they won’t even consider trying Guild Wars 2’s item progression, the very opposite of that. Oh wait…

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

My brother in law and his wife tried it. My sister in law is a die hard wow fan though and she got her sylvari mesmer to about level 2 before deciding that she didn’t like it (personally I think she just tried it because my brother in law wanted her to). My brother in law says he might get it to screw around but he’s working a lot right now because he’s a truck driver and hauling away trash from hurricane sandy in New York.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

We added 7 new people to our guild today

One girl in the guild gave an invite to her husband who had been holding back. It tipped him over and less than an hour after installing, he purchased.

Otoh, I hear WoW was a ghosttown this weekend

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

The Old Republics (aka WoW with Star Wars skin) F2P launched.
The lemmings will be back.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

We added 7 new people to our guild today

One girl in the guild gave an invite to her husband who had been holding back. It tipped him over and less than an hour after installing, he purchased.

It was? Was i dreaming then, since i didn’t notice any drops in population.

Anyways, grats for your new members. Our guild (in gw, just to clarify) have had some new members also, despite all the negativity on the forums.

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

I invited one friend who just laughed at how bad the lag was during events and also couldn’t believe how broken the events were. He is a former GW vet who will not be purchasing. A shame, the trials were meant to attract more but due to how badly the game ran during the events, many just will not bother to spend money on the game.

Posted by: Pepino.6134

Pepino.6134

gave one to a mate of mine for the event, laggy as hell and he complained about no oceanic servers, not very good first impression, he actually pitty’s me that I play the game, well use to play >.<

Posted by: Rhotsbin.8579

Rhotsbin.8579

I gave out two and quickly contacted those friends to tell them to abort. This patch and new direction the game is headed has me ashamed for having encouraged so many people to buy this game.

Ascending gear. Descending game.

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

Too embarrased to give out any seriously… only one person is left from the group of 40 or so players I’ve gamed with on and off for the past 5 years and that came to GW2.