Thanks for the "new build" at 10pm ET

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Wouldn’t want those of us that had families and kids to be able to partake in the activities on the overflow servers. Was having fun enjoying the event until the reset…er, I mean “new build”.

Edit: meant 10pm PT

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

(edited by alanis.6094)

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I especially like the long warning we had. It’s nice when you are at final stage in Fractals to just get booted by a ninja “build”.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Notus.5769

Notus.5769

Really? Ton of people doing the event. Probably the first non laggy attempt they had seen all day. Get all the way to the very end, and the game restarts with the karka dead in front of us. Brilliant.

Posted by: Kaochanism.8793

Kaochanism.8793

I especially like the long warning we had. It’s nice when you are at final stage in Fractals to just get booted by a ninja “build”.

Fractals is just like every other dungeon and gives you 3 hours to finish the dungeon before the patch takes place. Unless you’re unlucky.

And ANet already stated that those who haven’t gotten a chance to do it and those who DC’d during the event will get their turn

alanis.6094

And ANet already stated that those who haven’t gotten a chance to do it and those who DC’d during the event will get their turn

I haven’t seen anything where anet states that those “who haven’t gotten a chacne to do it” will get a chance to see it.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

Posted by: Shiverish.2879

Shiverish.2879

yeah the new build timming was terrible :s Oh well … such a pitty.

Kaochanism.8793

I haven’t seen anything where anet states that those “who haven’t gotten a chacne to do it” will get a chance to see it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this

and I suppose i should be careful how I word it. This post says it’s only for those who disconnected not those who didn’t get a chance to participate, but I don’t know how they differentiate between those that disconnected and other players so I assume they will just do something community as a whole.

Treeline.3865

Fractals is just like every other dungeon and gives you 3 hours to finish the dungeon before the patch takes place. Unless you’re unlucky.

Haha, if it had taken in the vicinity of 3 hours for my party to complete Fractals i would have DC’d voluntarily. It’s around 1 hours of lost work. So i guess I and the rest of the server was unlucky

alanis.6094

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this

and I suppose i should be careful how I word it. This post says it’s only for those who disconnected not those who didn’t get a chance to participate

That post only discusses rewards.

This post is complaining about a “new build” to that prevented those that couldn’t enjoy the content from finishing.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

(edited by alanis.6094)

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

I may seriously stop playing this game over that nonsense. So Anet decides to suddenly make a good 5-10% of the people who participated in this one-time event rich by handing out precursors like candy. And then screwing everyone who just wanted to participate in the event in an overflow by letting us all get to the END of the chain before sneaking in a new build. That is so incredibly disrespectful that I can’t even believe they did what they did.

Posted by: EmoxiHaX.1726

EmoxiHaX.1726

this has left the worst taste in my mouth, I like the middle finger that Arenanet gave me for having a life

A++++++ fantastic game management, would recommend!!

what a god kitten joke

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

I sincerely doubt that the overflow was meant to allow people who did no access the event to access it.

Kaochanism.8793

and I suppose i should be careful how I word it. This post says it’s only for those who disconnected not those who didn’t get a chance to participate

That post only discusses rewards.

This post is complaining about a “new build” to that prevented those that couldn’t enjoy the content from finishing.

If you wanted it to experience the event then I’m sorry. Most people seem to be upset that they didn’t get their shot a a pre-cursor, not at actually experiencing the game.

alanis.6094

I sincerely doubt that the overflow was meant to allow people who did no access the event to access it.

Oh, no doubt. But that didn’t mean they had to reset it so those that didn’t get a chance could enjoy the event.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

Posted by: Belligerent.4819

Belligerent.4819

arenanet in charge of fun

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Most people care more now about the chance of a precursor then the actual experience cause the experience is a 2 hour grind/zerg fest anyways…

Anet did this to themselves.

Treeline.3865

Can we like.. Vote them down or something? Overthrow them?

Posted by: Marithia.2063

Marithia.2063

Glad to know we were not the only ones in our server…

I’m still so pissed that they decided to do that stupid update. They knew what they were doing.

Good job arena net.

You’re really starting to lose me, if this kitten isn’t fixed by christmas I’m going to go back to minecraft.

Legacy Of Retribution [LORE]

Kaochanism.8793

You seem to think it easy to try to appease to thousands upon thousands of players on issues where it is mostly 50/50.

Posted by: Biscuithammer.8615

Biscuithammer.8615

You seem to think it easy to try to appease to thousands upon thousands of players on issues where it is mostly 50/50.

Man, if only they had form of guiding set of principles for that kind of thing.

Posted by: thinktankak.5830

thinktankak.5830

There is no excuse for this, you can’t in any way blame the player for what happened. It was cut short mid event, and it’s done and dusted. The people who were shafted were in an active event, if it was active it should have been allowed to finish, what should have happened was to deny people from joining that event at some point and just let the last batch of players finish up, and then close it down.

You had people mid event just pushed away and slapped in the face for the time they spent working the area, with no ending, no closure, no rewards. I did the opening event, the investigations and read as much lore as i could, to get kicked so close to the finishing line. So cut about it. It’s not even about the rewards, i would have just liked to see the ending.

Kaochanism.8793

There is no excuse for this, you can’t in any way blame the player for what happened. It was cut short mid event, and it’s done and dusted. The people who were shafted were in an active event, if it was active it should have been allowed to finish, what should have happened was to deny people from joining that event at some point and just let the last batch of players finish up, and then close it down.

You had people mid event just pushed away and slapped in the face for the time they spent working the area, with no ending, no closure, no rewards. I did the opening event, the investigations and read as much lore as i could, to get kicked so close to the finishing line. So cut about it. It’s not even about the rewards, i would have just liked to see the ending.

Karka falls in a pit of lava. That enough closure?

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,

this thread has been closed due to the lack of constructive posts and insults against ArenaNet. Please help keep these forums a productive and friendly place.

Greetings