Thanks for your response, Anet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’m one of those players who votes with their wallet. Not just with video games, but for all kinds of products.

When the notice came up in game the HoT was available, I didn’t buy it right away. I was busy in WvW. The sticker shock was quite high, and I wanted to learn more. I’ve owned the game since launch, and was quite upset at the lack of a character slot. All mine are full and, like many others, have bought 3 more over the years. Coming around and adding a character slot to the basic HoT was the right thing to do.

I was also quite disgusted with the lack of communication and misinformation regarding the requirement of the core game, inclusion of the core game, and the changing of your FAQ. Even though I’ve owned the game for almost three years, this bothered me so much, it was a factor as to whether or not I would purchase Hot. Again, I vote with my wallet. I congratulate you for seeing the error in this and trying to fix the situation. You’ve extended the refund time to January.

I appreciate the fact that you’ve listened to the carcophony and didn’t dismiss it as a knee jerk reaction of negative, entitled people, but real, legitimate concerns.

Thanks for the fix. I’ll be buying now.

Here’s hoping my signature will be fixed with HoT

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I am now satisfied with their response and decided to buy new xpacks for my son and I.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

To all those who said this was some master plan of the sinister Anet to defraud people out of their hard earned money to get them to buy the base game, how does that automatic refunds to people who bought the game during the enter time that FAQ was up look now.

Honestly, after all this time, you’d at least have to believe Anet was well intentioned if not always on the ball with this stuff.

I’m happy for the solution, but I’m also glad to say I didn’t slide into the automatic suspicion camp.