THANKYOU Guild Wars once again.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

To cut a long story short, I played GW since shortly after its release and met my missus there shortly after that. After meeting her in the game, I met her and her daughter in real life and have been together since. Anyway, a few days ago, we had our forth child together.

So now thanks to GW, we are a family of seven. Me, the missus and our five girls. THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GUILD WARS! (And obviously GW2)
We also had/have an amazing time playing with the GW/GW2 communities. THANKYOU GUYS! Best gaming communities ever!

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

Wow 5 girls and not a boy…guess you gotta roll the dice again huh?)

kidding, what can i say man, wow…congratulation, and i hope your happyness lasts a life time and then some more.

Wish you to have healty, smart, beautiful,well educated children and nothing to worry about.

Congratz

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Well, congratz to you. ^^

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

Congrats and good luck with 5 girls! You’re outnumbered

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

If the next one is a boy name him Rytlock

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

Wow 5 girls and not a boy..

Congratz

RNG is RNG

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Congratz! So nice to see a happy thread.

Posted by: Mutand.6074

Mutand.6074

Congratz!
^^

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Wow 5 girls and not a boy..

Congratz

RNG is RNG

slowclap.

Grats OP! May you live as long as you wish, and love so long as you live!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

<3 I love this thread. And congrats on the new baby, OP!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Congratulations OP. I have one daughter and she is the best thing that ever happened in my life. I can only imagine what 4 more would bring.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

Congrats! Hope you don’t have to pay for all 5 weddings haha. kitten dude.

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

So now thanks to GW, we are a family of seven.

Seven? That’s not a family, that’s alraedy a small Zerg!

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Congrats. Enjoy the many happy returns.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

GZ man! Happy play and life!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Wow, so nice to see a thread like this for a change.

Congrats, OP! And many happy returns to you and your family!

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Titan Cronus.9216

Thanks a million for all the kind words guys. I’ll say it again, the best gaming community ever.

(edited by Titan Cronus.9216)

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

wow congratulations dude, it really is nice to see something as positive as this on the forums

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Gratz on the personal zerg

Also think I should fit in an RNG joke, but seems others beat me to it.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Posted by: Izziee.8392

Izziee.8392

To cut a long story short, I played GW since shortly after its release and met my missus there shortly after that. After meeting her in the game, I met her and her daughter in real life and have been together since. Anyway, a few days ago, we had our forth child together.

So now thanks to GW, we are a family of seven. Me, the missus and our five girls. THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GUILD WARS! (And obviously GW2)
We also had/have an amazing time playing with the GW/GW2 communities. THANKYOU GUYS! Best gaming communities ever!

So you have twins?

GW is only a couple years old right? so twins twice..

hmm?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Grats OP! You have now outnumbered stat for life

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

So you have twins?

hmm?

They met in GW not GW2

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Make sure to turn on your Commander Tag. :X

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Izziee.8392

Izziee.8392

So you have twins?

hmm?

They met in GW not GW2

That makes much more sense, and less pain.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Thats awesome!!!

Yeah I’ve read some statics that MMOs have a higher long term relationship, and better match making potential than most online match making sites :P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Seriously cools story (bro)

So you have twins?

hmm?

GW released in 2005…..that’s 10 years this April.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Thats awesome!!!

Yeah I’ve read some statics that MMOs have a higher long term relationship, and better match making potential than most online match making sites :P

One can only imagine what an FPS made match would be like…

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Titan is starting an army, watch out for the aspiring Commander!

Gratz on your new baby, nice to see stories like this and how people meet through this game!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Titan Cronus.9216

Seriously cools story (bro)

So you have twins?

hmm?

GW released in 2005…..that’s 10 years this April.

Yep, we me about 8 or 9 years ago and got together just over 7 years ago. She already had a daughter when we met (best buy one, get one free offer ever lol) so only the last 4 are biologically mine (but they are all mine and loved equally). We think this one is going to be the last but hey, never say never eh.

I’ll just tell you a very quick bit of history (only a quick bit, don’t want to run the risk of sounding all mushy eh lol).
Im Irish and she’s English. We met in game in Kamadan, I proposed to her in game in her guild hall with the Silver Ring (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Silver_Ring) and again in real life on her first trip to Ireland. We moved to my home town back in Ireland just after we had our first kid together and have had 3 more here since. We’re still not married yet as we just cant afford it ATM but we will do it though. The day we got together is a really cool date and would make a sweet wedding date (29th of feb).

So there you go, a little bit of our life. All made possible by GW and made better by GW2. Maybe a little too much information there for you guys but Im sure you’ll cope.

Thanks a million again and especially to the GW/GW2 Devs. You make it all possible!

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Wow 5 girls and not a boy…guess you gotta roll the dice again huh?)

kidding, what can i say man, wow…congratulation, and i hope your happyness lasts a life time and then some more.

Wish you to have healty, smart, beautiful,well educated children and nothing to worry about.

Congratz

RNG can be a blessing..or a curse

Love to hear from a whole family on GW2..I only sincerely hope you have enough networking capacity hahaha

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Congrats, nice to hear such story

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Congrats!! Such a wonderful story. I met my BF of three years on a game. So it works =D

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

Congratulations! May good fortune smile upon you! xD

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir

RoseofGilead.8907

Im Irish and she’s English. We met in game in Kamadan, I proposed to her in game in her guild hall with the Silver Ring (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Silver_Ring) and again in real life on her first trip to Ireland. We moved to my home town back in Ireland just after we had our first kid together and have had 3 more here since. We’re still not married yet as we just cant afford it ATM but we will do it though. The day we got together is a really cool date and would make a sweet wedding date (29th of feb).

Such a sweet story. I love the online proposal.

My husband and I also met via MMOs (specifically after I joined the same online gaming guild he was already a member of). After a few months, we started talking a lot. Almost 10 years later, we have two kids (both boys) and have been married for almost 5 years.

Online gaming is really the best sometimes.

Titan Cronus.9216

Such a sweet story. I love the online proposal.

My husband and I also met via MMOs (specifically after I joined the same online gaming guild he was already a member of). After a few months, we started talking a lot. Almost 10 years later, we have two kids (both boys) and have been married for almost 5 years.

Online gaming is really the best sometimes.

Hey, another MMO couple. We could nearly start our own guild, lol. Good luck guys.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Haha, just read all this and wow. And congrats on it all, especially the new lil one ^^ RNGs been extremely kind to you (literally).

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Titan Cronus.9216

We finally decided on a name that has a particular link to the GW universe and thought we’d share it with you guys. : )

Elona.
The name is primarily Hebrew, Hungarian or Greek. The meaning is oak tree, sun ray, shining light or the bright one. It is a variant of Alona (Hebrew, oak tree) or of Ilona (Hungarian, Greek, variant of Helen). Its is also a rare variant of Helen in old Irish/Gaelic too which is mainly why we chose it. We also love the connection it has to the GW universe and kind of apt considering how and where we met. Anyhoo… OhKayThankyouBaBye. : )

RoseofGilead.8907

I like the name choice.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That’s a beautiful name. Well chosen! And with all her siblings she can laugh in the face of anyone who ever tries to twist it into Loner or Alone-yeah (kids will mock any name they can).

Titan Cronus.9216

That’s a beautiful name. Well chosen! And with all her siblings she can laugh in the face of anyone who ever tries to twist it into Loner or Alone-yeah (kids will mock any name they can).

Thanks
Aye, but you can’t let worrying about things like that effect your decisions eh. Plus, like you said, she won’t be short of support, lol.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Congratulations OP and to everybody else who have met their SO in-game

Gorgeous name choice, too

I met my boyfriend in GW1. We’ve been together for almost 4 years now and it has resulted in me moving to Norway to live with him and start a life together I’m a little young to have kids yet (imo), but perhaps one day.

Sometimes I wonder where I’d be right now if I hadn’t chosen to start playing GW1, or had joined a different guild (instead of the one I met him in). Considering things like that weirds me out a bit but it also makes me very grateful towards the Holy Real-Life RNGeezus.

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

Titan
If you guys want to get married start a crowd funding and post it here. I’d throw $50 or 5000 gems your way for the happy day!

Verum et Vitae

Titan Cronus.9216

Thanks a million Crimson Clouds. Aye, I often find myself wondering the same thing, where would we be if we hadn’t met. I like to think couples that met in-game are helping to bring the online community into the real world.

Shezu Tsukai, that is a lovely offer, thankyou verry much but I really wouldn’t feel comfortable taking anything of anyone. Also, I don’t know if i would be breaking the forum rules doing something like that too.

We are absolutly planning on getting married but we just can’t afford it right now (i can’t even afford to get my com fixed atm lol). We are hoping to get married next year, on the 29th of Feb (anniversary of when we met in RL) if we have saved enough by then. We would love to do something in-game too but don’t really have that many in-game friends so it would be quite a quiet affair. We’ll see what happens eh.

RoseofGilead.8907

A wedding doesn’t have to cost much money at all. All you need is the money for the license, the money to pay the judge/justice of the peace, and time to make an appointment to do the quick ceremony. Plus, if you do that, you can just use any extra money for a family vacation or a weekend getaway (if you’re able to do so).

That being said, I do completely understand wanting to wait until you can afford to have a wedding that feels more special and involves friends and family. Plus, like you said, waiting for a leap year so you can keep that awesome anniversary date is pretty cool, too.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

congratulations! your story is so nice!
In Germany we’d say “Strong men get daughters”!
Elona is a beautiful name.

Growing up with many sisters is great, I can tell you..I’ve got 3 sisters.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

how in life you manage to play the game with 5 daughters is beyond comprehension for me. I barely manage to squeeze a few hours now my ONLY child goes to sleep at 11pm.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Congrats dude. But just going to say it, because I know others are thinking it,

But I hope you not tricking off Gems to her…..

Respect the game dude… GL

;-)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

o_O Knighthonor, I don’t think anyone was thinking that .

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t even know what it means, so I sure wasn’t.

Titan Cronus.9216

RoseofGilead, We’re totally not having a big white bling wedding, lol. It’ll be real small but the thing is that we have other things that keep eating up our money (like fixing our crappy car and computers). We’ll get married sooner or later though, I have no worries.

Yea, we don’t get much time to play at all anymore, tbh. Actually, with my computer out of action atm, i’m not playing at all right now. Im just using my missus com (also on its way out lol) to log in for my dailies and checking out the gem store and trading post. Because we have little kids, they are all usually in bed by 9 so we normally get a few hours in the evening to play. Oreithyia, thanks man. I’m not sure what the logic behind “Strong men get daughters” is though but i like it, lol. Here in Ireland people say “Blessed is he among women”. Actually, my favourite one is “A boy’s a son until he finds a wife but a girl’s a daughter for all of her life”.

Knighthonor, thanks man. I have no idea what “I hope you not tricking off Gems to her” means thought. : /